Open up WOT xmas gift deliveries to all locations

donfede

Open up WOT xmas gift deliveries to all locations

#1 Post by donfede » 28 Dec 2019 14:53

It seems the WOT xmas event gift deliveries are mostly between freight transfer stations and retail locations. This makes some sense from a point of view, as that's how gifts typically flow IRL. For example in ATS, so far most deliveries are between Sellgoods or Rail freight and Walberts or Charged or Eddy's.

Now that the 2019 xmas event has completed the community goal, could WOT gift deliveries be opened up to all destination companies, such as mines, logging, farms, and auto dealers?

Similarly, could some of the less common destinations be increased in WOT delivery frequency? Truckee CA, El Centro CA, or Clifton AZ hardly ever come up in ATS as destinations, based on personal experience and the stats shown on the WOT home page.

My angle (and likelly also with other users), is I'm using this event to progress exploring the map, and would prefer delivering to new locations rather than repeating delivery routes.

Keep up the good work and HNY
Running ETS2 and ATS on Debian GNU/Linux old-stable "stretch" 9 64bit

Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: Open up WOT xmas gift deliveries to all locations

#2 Post by Mohegan13 » 28 Dec 2019 15:08

The destinations appear to change on a daily basis. I haven't had the same job to the same location on consecutive days, but I do tend to get them going the same places in the same day.

I wouldn't say no to adding more destinations though, but some of the locations really need more pickup points as they will get choked as we come down to the last few cities.

I would actually go one step further and ask that the big cities that are complete actually have no destination jobs so that people don't take jobs from them when they are complete.
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

Bandit & The Snowman

#3 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 28 Dec 2019 16:41

+1 for closing or at least reducing in favor of cities with too few jobs.

I’ve had jobs from mines as well as farms.

supersobes
Global moderator

#4 Post by supersobes » 28 Dec 2019 17:22

I've done quite a few gift deliveries over the duration of this event, and all of my shippers and receivers were not from freight transfer stations to retail centers. I've had quite a few gift deliveries to/from farms, quarries, warehouses, metal industries, scrap industries, and lumber industries.

donfede

#5 Post by donfede » 30 Dec 2019 01:59

Sigh ... maybe I'm drinking something else. Do I really need to assemble some harder metrics to prove my point and concern?
I had noted above that most, not all, deliveries were to the same retail type destinations.

Reviewing my WOT Log Book, which only tracks the last 25 deliveries, below is the list of destinations during this xmas event. Note, I made it a point to try different unique destinations each time. In my case focusing on ATS with all DLC purchased, as I wanted to help out that effort (leaving exploring RttBS for a later time).
7 Wallbert
6 Eddy's
4 SellGoods
3 Tidbit
2 Charged
1 Rail Export
1 Port of Seattle
1 Portland Cargo Central

Combining both destinations and pickups the figures don't look much better. I think my point stands.
13 Wallbert
8 SellGoods
7 Eddy's
5 Tidbit
3 Home Store
3 Charged
2 Page & Price Paper
2 Coastline Mining
1 Voltison
1 Sunshine Crops
1 Rail Export
1 Port of Seattle
1 Portland Cargo Central
1 Heartwood Furniture
1 Chemso Ltd.

For the SCS developers, first thank you for a great event.
However, at this point I'm slowing down (or pausing) further efforts, as I'm not exploring new parts of the map, with key gaps around mining, auto-dealers, and logging destinations. Maybe I'm a single vocal example... but I'd expect that's not the case, and it would benefit all to improve this.
Running ETS2 and ATS on Debian GNU/Linux old-stable "stretch" 9 64bit

rip_c_bennington

#6 Post by rip_c_bennington » 30 Dec 2019 04:36

I recently was in El Centro, no gifts there, and the same for Oakland, no gifts there on the external contracts. WoT should generate more jobs in small cities, especially in cities that only have one company.

MattoCross

#7 Post by MattoCross » 30 Dec 2019 12:56

Same problem in El Centro. I wait there longer, till one gift cargo apper. In other companies there are at least four gift jobs.
ATS Vanilla Player - My WoTr

Redbird9346

#8 Post by Redbird9346 » 30 Dec 2019 17:18

I agree. At this point in the event, two things should be happening:

* ALL loads should go to cities with fewer than 5 stars.
* More gift loads should spawn in cities with fewer than 5 stars.

For instance, Travemünde is the only place in Germany that doesn’t yet have 5 stars, so gift loads from surrounding cities should be going there.

taneorb

#9 Post by taneorb » 30 Dec 2019 18:51

I gave up on the jobs for ETS because I was barely getting any non 5 star cities, so I did a load in ATS instead. It would be nice to see the 5 star cities removed from the job lists instead of having to rely on the freight market rng generating a job to the one that hasn't been done yet.

Mohegan13
Global moderator

#10 Post by Mohegan13 » 30 Dec 2019 20:42

No one is forcing you to take jobs from the city you delivered to. Just quick travel or dev cam elsewhere.
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS website”