A 'semi-manual' Total Distance WoT Ranking.

Andre Santos

Re: A 'semi-manual' Total Distance WoT Ranking.

#131 Post by Andre Santos » 04 Apr 2021 23:34

Thanks for the update! #75
WoT YOUTUBE FLICKR I5 13600KF - 32gb RAM - RTX3080Ti
Reis_6

#132 Post by Reis_6 » 05 Apr 2021 00:13

I have no words to describe how good it is to come here every first Sunday of the new month and see that Don is committed to always keeping us updated, again Don, congratulations and thank you!

Now, it would be good if someone, or someone could come here and take a look at this situation of the prints below:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

So, as we see, this is a very famous telemetry app, called Trucksbook, where since January/21 they started with a new folder in their ranking which is to register only World of Trucks jobs.

Since then I have been following some players who participate in TB and who are here in our ranking as well. What I am raising again has already been mentioned here in the past but we did not get any answers from anyone at SCS responsible for WoTr, so I mentioned the positions to see if it gets a little more attention.

In my view and also that of many friends, it is not fair for a person to take a 3400km job, drive just 990km and skipping the rest of km using ferries and at the WoTr website register the initial mileage (3400km) as if he had driven all that distance. For the ranking this kind of becomes a cheat even though the game allows it. The point in question is that the WoTr website should record only the km driven and not the one skipped by the ferry. So we would have no problems with people who ride a lot by ferry ''disturbing'' the way of those who stay 2/3 hours to finish a long trip.

Would it be possible for this subject to have a good and warm discussion?
PS: Where these 5 prints came from, there are hundreds of other trips made with this way, always ''winning'' from 2000 to 2500km by jumping using ferry.
kry1

#133 Post by kry1 » 05 Apr 2021 05:26

Thank you for the update and contribution to its implementation, best regards. I share the opinion of Reis that covering the routes in such a way, although it is lagal, is not fair play in relation to other players.
Krystian05

#134 Post by Krystian05 » 05 Apr 2021 16:59

@Reis_6 I´m sorry but I don´t share your opinion with trying to convince the other players to not use the ferries - but I definitely agree with you on your point of view that this is not fair for all competitors. As it´s a legal way (till now - perhaps in the future it won´t be so) to drive less and have more at the account driven - and that´s for everybody his personal decision if he want´s to do that or not. And another point here is that some player´s are really clever and choose especially this route´s where you can "drive" via the ferry the most distance during a long freight job in a short time.

I can just repeat my point of view in that case - I like driving and I always choose the long distance freight jobs and even increase the route to drive more - but for an example if I couldn´t use the ferry so all jobs from Sicilia would be not for available xD :=)

So honestly said this topic is definitive not for here - this should be written to SCS and not to the player´s in the ranking

PS: Maybe drive more ATS till they change it (if they do it!?) as there is no such thing there - u can still beat there the player with the most driven distance or me :) with the best average distance ;)
ResTed

#135 Post by ResTed » 10 Apr 2021 18:30

Reis_6 wrote: 05 Apr 2021 00:13
In my view and also that of many friends, it is not fair for a person to take a 3400km job, drive just 990km and skipping the rest of km using ferries and at the WoTr website register the initial mileage (3400km) as if he had driven all that distance. For the ranking this kind of becomes a cheat even though the game allows it. The point in question is that the WoTr website should record only the km driven and not the one skipped by the ferry. So we would have no problems with people who ride a lot by ferry ''disturbing'' the way of those who stay 2/3 hours to finish a long trip.
Why do you call it not fair? Can every user do this? Yes, everyone can do it, so I don't see any injustice here.
Now look at this economically: using ferry saves truck life, fuel and a time, as it is clearly cheaper than driving on the road, spending more money on fuel than on ferry.
In addition, very often the route that is set automatically is not always optimal.

But I would like to ask again: where is the injustice? The fact that you did not use the ferry, although you could?
a bad start leads to a bad end...
Reis_6

#136 Post by Reis_6 » 10 Apr 2021 20:19

@ResTed I think you got me wrong. As I said in this part ''even though the game allows it'' this is legal because the game allow it.

What I think is unfair is the World of Trucks website record the starting kilometer as the one you ran. Example: I took the 4000km job, but by ferry I skipped 2500km and drive by land only 1500km, the right thing would be for the World of Trucks register only 1500km drove and not the initial 4000km even me skipping 2500km by ferry. FOR RANKING this makes you unfair because this, in my opinion, is a cheat. But by no means did I mean that whoever does this, does it wrong. Except people who know this trick and use it to grow the personal mileage fast.

Now do you understand my point of view?
DTML

#137 Post by DTML » 11 Apr 2021 00:34

In wotr stats it is «Total distance» that is displayed, not «Total distance on trucks».
So in theory it's okay that the distance traveled through ferry / trains is counted in because this is full distance completed, and not the distance only "on wheels".
Well, since this is an in-game moments players, although it may not seem fair, can quite rightly choose this route via ferries and trains. This is gameplay. And there is nothing wrong with that. IMHO
ResTed

#138 Post by ResTed » 11 Apr 2021 18:50

Reis_6 wrote: 10 Apr 2021 20:19 Now do you understand my point of view?
I understand what you are talking about, but I still do not see any injustice. Okay, we'll exclude those you "caught" from the ranking, but can you somehow confirm that others are not using ferries, so there is no data from other programs you mentioned? I believe it will be nearly impossible.

So, if we use the actual distance, it will also be a bit of a problem, since the flight can be assigned to 10 km, and someone carries the load for a month and the final mileage will be very large. To take this into account, you need to add additional conditions that are clearly not included in the SCS plans. So I think there is a fairly simple and transparent rating system now. There is a start point and an end point, and it is the driver who chooses how he will perform this delivery. I can choose a longer distance using motorways, or choose a shorter distance using regional roads, I can choose +1000 km and spend 1000 Euros, or pay 800 Euros for a ferry without spending the resource of the truck - this is the driver's choice, this is a possibility to play, so why is it not fair? Where is "unfair"?

Since this rating is not official, you can exclude such players, but in this case your rating will be unfair, since you cannot prove that other players do not use it.
Reis_6

#139 Post by Reis_6 » 12 Apr 2021 02:01

I understand your point of view and I respect that, but for me, if you think about a matter of RANKING where the goal is to drive, ride on land, it becomes unfair. As I said before, it's a game tool, it's legal, but, again, for the purpose of a ranking where the goal is the mileage traveled while driving the truck, skip KM becomes unfair IMHO.

But anyway, I confess that this really becomes a snowball, there is no way to find out who on the bottom is doing this and the only person on the top who did this and thought it was unfair and wrong was also the only one who agreed and he even deleted his profile and started a new one. Clap for MatzMan.
ResTed

#140 Post by ResTed » 12 Apr 2021 05:31

Of course, I understand your point of view, but you need to be realistic and accept this fact, because at the moment we really cannot control this.
I also thought about this and the best option to use the actual distance traveled is to use the kilometers shown on the page when you finished delivery - https://prnt.sc/11abdnl , + if this distance is equal to or greater than that initially, use the original distance.
But without SCS, we can't do it...

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS”