A 'semi-manual' Total Distance WoT Ranking.

ResTed

Re: A 'semi-manual' Total Distance WoT Ranking.

#151 Post by ResTed » 17 Apr 2021 20:28

only cities that are on the original game map will be accepted, avoiding giant mod travels.
Yes, that's right. In addition, the unloading points must coincide, otherwise it will be an error and the load will be lost.
I think that would make more sense
I see no justice here:
I saw an announcement that it was necessary to deliver the goods to a certain city, a price was set for this delivery, and it does not matter at all how long I travel. I can call a helicopter to deliver the cargo, because the dispatcher pays for the delivery of the cargo, and not for the kilometers that I travel, right?

Imagine that you work as a courier, you need to deliver the package by 6 pm. You can ride a bike and arrive at your destination at 5 pm, but you can go by car to be at the specified address at 2 pm. The fact that you complete the delivery faster will your payment change? I suppose not. But if you want to deprive the driver of his earnings - is that fair?

So when you talk about depriving a driver of earnings, then think about it before depriving of earnings a driver who performed a delivery under a contract, traveling less on land.

If you are talking about a route, will a system be added that will allow you to independently plan a route and only then see the cost? But then are sanctions necessary if the driver does not follow the route? It is a complex system and it is impossible to establish a more equitable system than exists now.
a bad start leads to a bad end...
Reis_6

#152 Post by Reis_6 » 18 Apr 2021 04:11

@ResTed, I agree with everything you said. The choice is up to the player. If I want, I can take the ferry and save fuel, tire, time, truck maintenance and etc, but for my opinion and that of several friends, I still insist and I will hit the key that it is unfair for a person in the top3 to perform this action knowing that this is more a bug than a benefit (in the case of ranking). Again: Someone get a job of 4803km (new maximum distance with Iberia DLC) and skip by ferry almost 2400km, running over land 2445km knowing that WoTr will record the initial mileage before take the job (4803km) of your personal mileage on the website, I'm sorry mate, but I still think this is unfair and cheating.

Again speaking about a ranking. The people that you defend are using the ferry for the sake of logistics (I agree that this is legal, as long as the person does not use it in bad faith for the ranking, after all, this is a "competition") they are gaining a lot of time on people who do not use ferry because they know that for a ranking talk this is cheating and injustice.

A load of 4803km would take around 3h30min at least. Our friends who are using a ferry, save 2400km, that is in real life time it would take 1h40min or so. The math is this, a normal person who does not use the ferry takes 3h30 min while the ferryman takes 1h40 min, both to register 4803km on the WoTr website. Do you understand the difference now? I know this is a question of logistics, I can do the job with helicopters and etc, but like I said, for RANKING where the purpose is ''competition'' this is very unfair. Nothing's gonna get this out of my head. With your thought, we will compete in the future to find out who takes the most ferry's.

[ external image ]
kry1

#153 Post by kry1 » 25 Apr 2021 08:17

I share your opinion and fully agree with it.
Andre Santos

#154 Post by Andre Santos » 25 Apr 2021 11:40

I completely agree with everything that Reis_6 said ... For a RANKING statistic it is unfair.
WoT YOUTUBE FLICKR I5 13600KF - 32gb RAM - RTX3080Ti
Seelenkrank

#155 Post by Seelenkrank » 01 May 2021 06:23

is this a specific problem on some ferry connections? i got this done yesterday and it only count the truck driven distance.
Attachments
ferry distance.jpg
ResTed

#156 Post by ResTed » 01 May 2021 17:49

Seelenkrank wrote: 01 May 2021 06:23 is this a specific problem on some ferry connections?
The distance is used, which was originally in the details of the contract.
a bad start leads to a bad end...
Krystian05

#158 Post by Krystian05 » 16 Jun 2021 23:41

Good night to all of you! Thanks for the update! Here is our new number 1 for the average stats https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/3794139 Greetings!
Reis_6

#159 Post by Reis_6 » 17 Jun 2021 18:23

Maybe we should put some limits on someone to join on our ranking stats. Right, this player's average is high and a cool number, but he only has 78 jobs and probably doesn't play to much with WoT jobs.
Taking into account on this side, there must be thousands of WoT accounts with an average of 4,000 km +, but with only 1 single trip, or maybe 2, 3...
I agree that any number can be a statistic, but maybe for ranking purposes there should be a minimum, maybe 1M km total distance, or something less rigorous like 500K km...

I repeat, his average is great and has all its merit, but a person who has only 78 jobs, when he reaches 100, may have this average cut in half... I respect adverse opinions, but honestly, this is mine. I would prefer not to place this player on the average ranking.
Madkine
Global moderator

#160 Post by Madkine » 17 Jun 2021 20:45

At 78 trips they've still made an effort to do long jobs, sure not for as long as others, but they have done so.

I wouldn't include anyone under 20 trips, but 78 is decent.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS”