Please re-balance some online cargoes [ETS2]

abasstreppas

Please re-balance some online cargoes [ETS2]

#1 Post by abasstreppas » 19 Jun 2020 12:44

Didn't know if I should post this here or in the future wish list section, but I think it will get more attention here ;)

These three cargoes: empty pallets, used package and used plastic are way over-represented in the cargo list and it tend to get quite boring to always see the same type of cargo all the time. Also it is quite weird to transport any of those across Europe as that must be something that is very rare in real life :?

EDIT: these cargoes should also be added to the refrigerated and insulated trailers
supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Please re-balance some online cargoes [ETS2]

#2 Post by supersobes » 19 Jun 2020 16:28

I've noticed this too. According to my statistics on World of Trucks, I've spent more time hauling around empty stuff than actually moving freight. A lot of the time, used packaging and empty pallets are the only loads available from some cities for certain trailer types. I just wish it was a little more balanced so that it feels more like you're running a haulage business rather than a recycling company.

[ external image ]
Krystian05

#3 Post by Krystian05 » 19 Jun 2020 19:39

@abasstreppas +1 for this topic! @supersobes same on mine :)
Reis_6

#4 Post by Reis_6 » 21 Jun 2020 12:37

+1 too, and rebalance the jobs from another types of trailers... Double trailers for example, on Scandinavia its easy to find jobs, but, in German, Netherland and others u find much less than Scandinavia... long travels with double trailers? Forget it.
Food trailers too, same thing, its hard to find food jobs in a row...

*talking about World of Trucks and owned trailers, another type its ok*
J.Random

#5 Post by J.Random » 01 Jul 2020 10:06

Yuuuup. Except I think ATS suffers from this pallets/packaging spam more than ETS2.
I also think WoTr contracts are extremely stupid sometimes. In ATS, forest machinery cargo mostly goes between HMS and rail terminals, very rarely I see logging site as a destination. In ETS2, I cringe every time I see olive delivery from Finland or Russia to Italy, or sprats from Italy to baltic states.
Frankly, I think the whole thing is implemented just wrong. I'd love to see some sort of daily supply/demand implementation, affecting prices per tonne per km for all players, depending on their collective behavior.
Reis_6

#6 Post by Reis_6 » 05 Apr 2021 23:25

Someone or someone come here please. Almost 1 year of @abasstreppas publication and no one answer for that... Look at my video (read de description) and u going to understand what we talking about...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=976_LDovpJs
55sixxx

#7 Post by 55sixxx » 06 Apr 2021 00:36

I've been noticing this a lot recently... Most of the times, there's dozens of the same cargo (Empty Pallets, Used Packaging and Used Plastics) and the variety get's quite poor. (Usually this happens on the base map, since the cargo variety on DLC's is bigger)

Another annoying thing happens mainly with reefer trailers. Just like @Reis_6 video showed, on the regular offline cargo market, you can find a lot of cargo types in just one city for the reefer but when you switch to External Market, you'll usually find not more than 4 or 5... and these ones available will be a quite short driving distance.

A good example are the trips i did over these past two weeks, where i hauled only 6 loads in a reefer compared to 24 on curtain sider/box trailers... and after i finished some of those 6 reefer contracts, i had to look for more jobs on neighbor cities from where i just delivered because the city i was in had none available.

And i honestly don't know why this is happening, because from what i recall... a few months ago the variety was wayyyy bigger and we had much more external cargo offers for the reefers... And then all of sudden, the quantity went downhill.
xeviax

#8 Post by xeviax » 06 Apr 2021 15:30

Yeah, I noticed it too. Less variety of cargo & in some cities there is some kind of scarcity of cargoes in the base map.
55sixxx

#9 Post by 55sixxx » 06 Apr 2021 23:15

Gonna leave this video here showing the difference between the offline market and the external (wotr) cargo market

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE6DiInw6YY (Click the link because it got blocked by the song i was listening to)

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS”