Christmas Event 2020: Why an owl?

derLPMaxe

Christmas Event 2020: Why an owl?

#1 Post by derLPMaxe » 22 Dec 2020 00:00

G'day,

I was confused seeing an owl on one of the pillow rewards. Why? Where are owls associated with Christmas? I'm genuinely surprised and confused about owls apparently being associated with Christmas. I wouldn't even associate them with winter as I can't recall ever hearing an owl when taking a walk through the forest during winter (the last real one there was anyway). On top of that, as far as I know, they are somewhat considered as "bad" animals.

I would appreciate someone explaining this.

Greetings,
Max.
supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Christmas Event 2020: Why an owl?

#2 Post by supersobes » 22 Dec 2020 00:34

They call it the Wise Giving event. From what was written in the blog, the event is about giving wisely. To quote the blog, "It is going to be your kind heart and wise decisions that deliver them to who needs them most." I'm assuming this is where the owl comes in. There's a saying "the wise owl" that references the fact that owls are often used to symbolize wisdom. In this case, the owl would symbolize the wisdom of the truck drivers who made wise decisions with the gift deliveries.
poozykrem

#3 Post by poozykrem » 22 Dec 2020 00:39

A simple google search would bring you to the answer
dreamcatcher

#4 Post by dreamcatcher » 22 Dec 2020 05:40

I thought it had something to do with the little owl (Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree) ....https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... r-owl-book
derLPMaxe

#5 Post by derLPMaxe » 22 Dec 2020 08:26

supersobes wrote: 22 Dec 2020 00:34 They call it the Wise Giving event. From what was written in the blog, the event is about giving wisely. To quote the blog, "It is going to be your kind heart and wise decisions that deliver them to who needs them most." I'm assuming this is where the owl comes in. There's a saying "the wise owl" that references the fact that owls are often used to symbolize wisdom. In this case, the owl would symbolize the wisdom of the truck drivers who made wise decisions with the gift deliveries.
That makes sense. Still an unusual choice of a Christmas animal, in my opinion. Thank you for the explanation.
poozykrem wrote: 22 Dec 2020 00:39 A simple google search would bring you to the answer
Unfortunately, my tired mind didn't came up with such brilliant ideas during midnight.

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS”