Christmas event load destination logarithm

Chay

Christmas event load destination logarithm

#1 Post by Chay » 04 Jan 2021 20:40

Doing the Christmas event I noticed when taking Christmas contract in certain city, there is just a several possible destinations from that city for Christmas contracts. These several destinations get randomized if you reset economy, but you cannot get other destinations other than those few.

If you want to deliver to some other cities, you have to drive to another city and go from there. But this other city also has it's own few destinations that you can deliver to.

What this creates is uneven distribution of Christmas cargo deliveries, as some cities get their delivery pool complete very fast, while other cities that get very little deliveries (incoming or outcoming). It's also very frustrating to deliver to certain city and then have no options but to deliver only to cities to with full delivery pools and no amount of economy resets will help either.

I'd like to know is this a feature or a bug, and why aren't Christmas contract destinations from any city randomized across all possible destinations, but only a few (pre-selected) for that particular city.

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Christmas event load destination logarithm

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 Jan 2021 20:42

economy resets wont do anything, you cant affect the WoTr server with the economy reset command
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

Chay

#3 Post by Chay » 04 Jan 2021 20:46

Dunno about the command, but if you sleep via console g_set_time (24 hrs iirc), you will get different destinations than you had for day before. But as I said, looks like every city has only a few pre-selected destination cites for Christmas contracts, of which some are more and some less likely to appear.

xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 Jan 2021 20:48

nothing you do will affect the server of WoTr, not sleeping, nor resting via command or winding time forward, the jobs listed are generated in a pool accessible to all player, you only see so much of this pool and if a player takes one another job will be added from the pool

the only thing affecting is your skill point on long distance and what distance you set the jobs to be
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

Madkine
Global moderator

#5 Post by Madkine » 04 Jan 2021 21:06

Also in terms of completed cities, it is not of major relevance anymore as the community goal has been reached.

Chay

#6 Post by Chay » 04 Jan 2021 22:05

So basically it is what it is.

Hmm..well I hope some improved system is implemented for the next live event so we have more delivery options. Would make having more incentives to complete contracts, and much more fun drive.

Redbird9346

#7 Post by Redbird9346 » 14 Jan 2021 01:24

While it might not be relevant for the current event, it would be nice to limit deliveries to cities that haven't been maxed out. For example, (as of this moment), trips from Roscoff (❀ 790) should not go to anywhere in Germany except Leipzig (🎁🎁🎁🎁 111), or to anywhere in the Czech Republic except Brno (🎁🎁🎁 446).

xXCARL1992Xx

#8 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 14 Jan 2021 06:23

And make people who didn't reach their personal goal graind for it?

There is a reason why SCS didn't do it

Kschychooo

#9 Post by Kschychooo » 16 Jan 2021 02:55

Redbird9346 wrote: ↑
14 Jan 2021 01:24
While it might not be relevant for the current event, it would be nice to limit deliveries to cities that haven't been maxed out. For example, (as of this moment), trips from Roscoff (❀ 790) should not go to anywhere in Germany except Leipzig (🎁🎁🎁🎁 111), or to anywhere in the Czech Republic except Brno (🎁🎁🎁 446).
One thing I would personally add to it is "overwrite" command for those that do not have all DLCs so that they can make up their personal goal, and the "unlock" option for the moment when all cities get maxed out. So for example if a person have only vanilla game (let's say just bought the game for a test drive, sees the even and decides to participate in it for the mentioned test drive, but does not want to buy all the dlcs just yet, or is a returning player that had to leave after buying Going East dlc) then that person could deliver to any city that the person have access at the time, even if the said vanilla map (and Going East areas for second example) gets locked up. Option is to have teleport to the cities that have "open" start of the deliveries.

Additionally right now I am seeing a warning that the certain destination is "complete" as far as the event goes and maybe I should choose another destination. But after refreshing the market several times all the options for gifts that are available from the place I am in (Livorno as I write this) are filled in. So it would help if such trips would as mentioned before be "blacked out" under the previously mentioned system. And I know the event is supposedly finishing on 17th so that's within 2 days or so of me writing this. But maybe it could be re-developed for next year and potentially different events as they roll out through time (Wyoming, Texas, Iberia and Easter Front/Push (so to call it as it seems we are going into Russia/Belarus/Ukraine sort of combo (Yes I know some of this won't come) for the further ETS2 map))

Return to β€œWORLD OF TRUCKS website”