Christmas event load destination logarithm

Chay

Christmas event load destination logarithm

#1 Post by Chay » 04 Jan 2021 20:40

Doing the Christmas event I noticed when taking Christmas contract in certain city, there is just a several possible destinations from that city for Christmas contracts. These several destinations get randomized if you reset economy, but you cannot get other destinations other than those few.

If you want to deliver to some other cities, you have to drive to another city and go from there. But this other city also has it's own few destinations that you can deliver to.

What this creates is uneven distribution of Christmas cargo deliveries, as some cities get their delivery pool complete very fast, while other cities that get very little deliveries (incoming or outcoming). It's also very frustrating to deliver to certain city and then have no options but to deliver only to cities to with full delivery pools and no amount of economy resets will help either.

I'd like to know is this a feature or a bug, and why aren't Christmas contract destinations from any city randomized across all possible destinations, but only a few (pre-selected) for that particular city.
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Christmas event load destination logarithm

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 Jan 2021 20:42

economy resets wont do anything, you cant affect the WoTr server with the economy reset command
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Chay

#3 Post by Chay » 04 Jan 2021 20:46

Dunno about the command, but if you sleep via console g_set_time (24 hrs iirc), you will get different destinations than you had for day before. But as I said, looks like every city has only a few pre-selected destination cites for Christmas contracts, of which some are more and some less likely to appear.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 Jan 2021 20:48

nothing you do will affect the server of WoTr, not sleeping, nor resting via command or winding time forward, the jobs listed are generated in a pool accessible to all player, you only see so much of this pool and if a player takes one another job will be added from the pool

the only thing affecting is your skill point on long distance and what distance you set the jobs to be
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Madkine
Global moderator

#5 Post by Madkine » 04 Jan 2021 21:06

Also in terms of completed cities, it is not of major relevance anymore as the community goal has been reached.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Chay

#6 Post by Chay » 04 Jan 2021 22:05

So basically it is what it is.

Hmm..well I hope some improved system is implemented for the next live event so we have more delivery options. Would make having more incentives to complete contracts, and much more fun drive.
Redbird9346

#7 Post by Redbird9346 » 14 Jan 2021 01:24

While it might not be relevant for the current event, it would be nice to limit deliveries to cities that haven't been maxed out. For example, (as of this moment), trips from Roscoff (❀ 790) should not go to anywhere in Germany except Leipzig (🎁🎁🎁🎁 111), or to anywhere in the Czech Republic except Brno (🎁🎁🎁 446).
xXCARL1992Xx

#8 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 14 Jan 2021 06:23

And make people who didn't reach their personal goal graind for it?

There is a reason why SCS didn't do it
[ external image ]
Kschychooo

#9 Post by Kschychooo » 16 Jan 2021 02:55

Redbird9346 wrote: ↑14 Jan 2021 01:24 While it might not be relevant for the current event, it would be nice to limit deliveries to cities that haven't been maxed out. For example, (as of this moment), trips from Roscoff (❀ 790) should not go to anywhere in Germany except Leipzig (🎁🎁🎁🎁 111), or to anywhere in the Czech Republic except Brno (🎁🎁🎁 446).
One thing I would personally add to it is "overwrite" command for those that do not have all DLCs so that they can make up their personal goal, and the "unlock" option for the moment when all cities get maxed out. So for example if a person have only vanilla game (let's say just bought the game for a test drive, sees the even and decides to participate in it for the mentioned test drive, but does not want to buy all the dlcs just yet, or is a returning player that had to leave after buying Going East dlc) then that person could deliver to any city that the person have access at the time, even if the said vanilla map (and Going East areas for second example) gets locked up. Option is to have teleport to the cities that have "open" start of the deliveries.

Additionally right now I am seeing a warning that the certain destination is "complete" as far as the event goes and maybe I should choose another destination. But after refreshing the market several times all the options for gifts that are available from the place I am in (Livorno as I write this) are filled in. So it would help if such trips would as mentioned before be "blacked out" under the previously mentioned system. And I know the event is supposedly finishing on 17th so that's within 2 days or so of me writing this. But maybe it could be re-developed for next year and potentially different events as they roll out through time (Wyoming, Texas, Iberia and Easter Front/Push (so to call it as it seems we are going into Russia/Belarus/Ukraine sort of combo (Yes I know some of this won't come) for the further ETS2 map))
Kschychooo

#10 Post by Kschychooo » 11 Sep 2021 20:42

Ok 9 months in the making but here goes nothing. I know I know a lot of time but it was festering in my mind and evolving. And I think I have some ideas how to improve the (already good in my opinion) event. So even if it's too late for this years upcoming event (I do hope it will show up) but maybe next events could use some of the ideas.

First of let me throw out some terms and equations, then explain what I mean by them and some exceptions and then some extra ideas.

So for the terms and whatnot
X - General number of gift deliveries to all the cities
Y - General number of gift deliveries from all the cities
x - Deliveries to specific city
y - Deliveries from specific city
xf - number of deliveries to a city after reaching 5000 limit
yf - number of deliveries from a city after reaching 5000 limit
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... , n - numbers corresponding to a specific cities within ETS2 and ATS where n is the uppermost number of the cities within both games, taking all the map dlcs into account.

So for the equations

X=Y=100%
x1=x2=x3=x4=xn
y1=y2=y3=y4=yn
X=x1+x2+x3+x4+x5+...+xn=100%
Y=y1+y2+y3-y4+y5=...+yn=100%
and then after the cities will be getting maxed out
X=(x1+x2+x3+x4+...+xn)+(xf1+xf2+xf3+xf4+...+xfn)=100%
Y=(y1+y2+y3+y4+...+yn)+(yf1+yf2+yf3+yf4+...+yfn)=100%

So what do I mean by this? The general number of deliveries from and to all the cities must obviously be equal to one another and be equal to 100% of the gift deliveries. It would be broken down equally between all the cities and be based on the city with the highest number of companies that can spawn the cargoes and be based on let's say 5 cargoes per company. That number would be more of generic one and distribution in multi company cities might vary slightly between those companies (one company having say 3 cargoes while other one having 7) and the smaller the number of companies within the city the more gift cargoes would be present in the company all the way up to all cargoes being in one place in single company city (that way the small cities will have the gift cargoes present within them. An issue that was present in past 2 events where smaller cities at time did not have anything present for prolonged period of time gift wise.) Then after reaching the 5000 deliveries from/to a place the number of spawns would be down to say 6 (one new cargo spawning every 4 hours or so, or whenever taken off of the market by the player) where the spawned cargoes before the limit being reached would be allowed to expire or taken off the market. That way no city would ever be out of the gift cargoes, but players would be encouraged to go to different cities. Also the "unused" cargo spawns would be assigned to other cities (xs and ys instead of xfs and yfs) Once all the cities get maxed out between the 2 games the gift market would be "set free." And for players that do not have one of the games or certain dlcs (which would be registered on WOT I presume) they would have the market unlocked after the limit within territories they have access to would be reached and their deliveries would be counted toward the city with lowest number of to/from deliveries.

And now for couple of ideas.
Next to rewards we were getting in last 2 events have small things granted based on locking up the country/state (depending on a game of course) So locking up Great will get a community a gift based on Great Britain. Locking Turkey gift based on Turkey, California gift based on California, etc. Another thing would be personal multi-level gifts (I recall such events where there were 2 stages per game as far as the events go.) Also a special rule for the christmas trailers where in game countries and states decided to lift restrictions on trailer combos but only those trailers that carry gifts. So you can have triples and turnpike doubles all across the U.S. as well as in Europe as well as HCTs and B-doubles in Europe and U.S. (If Schwartzmuler and Krone would want to participate (with players having to own the respective dlcs to use them) then do so, if not do not sweat and do not pressure them too much) so that players would get another reward for using all the trailers (where one have to be owned and one have to be from external market and then certain amount of combos) And I think having different trailers for the gift cargoes with an option of bringing one's own would be more interesting for the players.

So hopefully something from here would be useful for SCS and all and I didn't ramble too badly.

Return to β€œWORLD OF TRUCKS”