how does the editor's pick work?

LUCIFER

how does the editor's pick work?

#1 Post by LUCIFER » 13 Sep 2021 22:45

how does the editor's pick determine the best screenshot? maybe there are some criteria by which they are determined? it's just that there is no pattern in the selected screenshots, they are all different like their authors. I have been playing ets 2 for a long time, but not long ago I learned about the functionality of world of trucks and I was tanned by the desire for my screenshot to get into the game, I try and make high-quality and beautiful screenshots, but they gain a maximum of 4-6 views. how does this work? I want to find out how best to make my screenshot get into the editor's pick.
Graf_Boinenn

Re: how does the editor's pick work?

#2 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 17 Sep 2021 11:46

I really don't know. I think nobody's know.

I try to upload the pictures the night before -because of the time zone, midnight here is like 5am in Prague- but it doesn't work. I try to put nice screenshots to be part of the Editor's Pick but it seems is not enough

I just want to unlock the EP milestone :lol:.
bobgrey1997

#3 Post by bobgrey1997 » 17 Sep 2021 11:56

Didn't they remove that achievement? We had a months-long debate a few years back about it (it's quite random how the screenshots are chosen, so stop trying as it will only disappoint you).
They ended up removing the achievement because there is simply no way to provide everyone with a chance of earning it.
Graf_Boinenn

#4 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 17 Sep 2021 14:27

Oh yes, they removed it.

But well, I want to improve the numbers on the Truckers Album and 1001 :lol:.
BJWyler

#5 Post by BJWyler » 19 Sep 2021 16:24

I think it's a hidden achievement now. If you get EP, the achievement will pop.

As to the question, as mentioned, there was a thread in the general forum discussing, and complaining, about how EPs are chosen. A handful of people have pics chosen on a regular basis, which started to chuff people, considering some of the images were subpar, subjectively speaking. SCS eventually put up a blog post about it and had people put their WoTr profile in the comments. They picked a lot of EPs from that at the time, which is how I got mine.

At the end of the day, the conclusion is that there are a handful of people who are faves of the various devs, so they are the ones getting picked, and the others are just very lucky with the timing, and having a dev who just happens to scan through uploads one day.
Netsrak

#6 Post by Netsrak » 17 Feb 2022 02:10

Newbie here-- I was awarded an Editor's Pick last week. I've enjoyed taking attractive screenshots since I got ATS & ETS2 two or three months ago, but amusingly the shot that nabbed Editor's Pick was a truck profile pic that I took and posted as somewhat of a joke. It's my current ETS2 truck surrounded by trash, discarded furniture, and shipping containers in Pleven, Bulgaria. I strongly suspect it was chosen in part because it was something unique and different from what they're used to seeing in World of Trucks screenshots.

I also strongly suspect that whoever's tasked with choosing the Editor's Picks does not spend a lot of time on doing so, since... well, why would they. They've surely got better things to do!

So at least for me, uniqueness probably contributed to my shot making the cut. I have about a million screenshots that I like much better, but hey, these games have been out for a long time, and SCS has probably seen almost everything at this point.
etny2k

#7 Post by etny2k » 17 Feb 2022 04:07

I think I was the first editor's pick. I uploaded a new metallic paint euro truck when they asked the community. I think it was 2014 or 2015 it is still on my profile. I have uploaded a pic every month since and never was picked again.

Return to “WORLD OF TRUCKS”