How many "vanilla" gamers are we?

Are you a "Vanilla" gamer?

Yes, I swear to ETS2 clean, without any official DLC's like Going East or Scandinavia.
4%
Yes, my mod folder is empty and will be so for all eternity.
27%
No, and I must have ended up in the wrong section. There's no mods here!
69%

Total votes: 477

Trucker_71

Re: How many "vanilla" gamers are we?

#101 Post by Trucker_71 » 14 Feb 2020 22:15

I don't need "more" idiot AI traffic, thank you very much. :)
cip

#102 Post by cip » 14 Feb 2020 23:31

no Alky, the traffic is the same anyway, you would only see more vw bugs :lol:
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
The Old Fart

#103 Post by The Old Fart » 15 Feb 2020 02:12

Some newbie driver, I think you hit the nail square on the head in respect of mod usage and its correlation to 'time in game'. That would be an interesting survey.

I am also hoping that we might see an ETS3 (?) in the not too distant future. The mists would part and there would be a game engine capable of exploiting multi-core cpu's, with better graphics. We can dream. Right now however, even if SCS does not 'increase' the traffic density (we have mods for that), I truly hope that they will make some efforts to repair what's broken. Start with the prefab issues and move on from there. Stop the carnage on our roads!
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!
Some newbie driver

#104 Post by Some newbie driver » 15 Feb 2020 12:28

Hi The Old Fart.

I don't think we see an ETS3 for a looooong time. For me it's clear that SCS is more than comfortable evolving step by step the actual game (and that could lead us to better graphics, announced for 1.38) either to a multi-core support (something I'm sure they are already working on but that needs previous changes)

Also a completely new game would mean that people had to restrain again to the base map until they release new map DLCs up to the point we are now, a big no. And considering that both games share the engine, and ETS3 would mean an ATS2 and start again that game that took so many years to arrive to "cruise speed". Another big no IMHO.

But the key point would be in the license agreements they had for the trucks. In case those agreements are tied to the specific game (I mean, for example, Mercedes gave license for their trucks for ETS2 specifically, not for any SCS game); then an ETS3 would mean to renegotiate again with the affected brands and that's a HUGE mess.

Regards
JD6

#105 Post by JD6 » 23 Feb 2020 15:17

@cip
cip wrote:I do not deny that indeed large game companies make their games at high level standards because they have a large market and can actually afford that only players with Hi-end PC play that game(s). somehow I have the feeling that SCS care about people with low specification and are restricted somehow in certain development of the game due to this care. I am sure that SCS mentioned somewhere that about 20% of players are still on Windows XP (or they were a few months ago)
I love you bro but I'll have to disagree with most you said. This whole big companies/small companies thing is a thing of the past. I know SCS is not on the same level of EA/Ubi and the others but ETS2 is VERY FAR from a small game on Steam. ETS2 fanbase has a lot of people who only play this game and have old PCs, true. However I doubt the main reason for keeping the game looking rather old is the culprit for that reason. I'd say the know-how and the burden of changing the old engine to more modern looks takes its toll. It's not an easy task.

The game doesn't look the way it looks because it keeps up with the crazy WinXP/Win7 fanbase. I can run FH4 at 60fps medium and that looks aeons better on the same system. It's just an old engine and I hope as promised, we get an amazing new graphical update in 2020.

ETS2 has become some sort of WoW and unless there's a serious effort put into a next-gen console release I doubt there will be an ETS3 game soon.
Vlad (ua)

#106 Post by Vlad (ua) » 21 Oct 2020 10:50

In main since 2016 when I bought the steam version I usually play without any mods, rarely use them nowadays only official dlcs.
ETS2 and ATS translator.
Arkhyel

#107 Post by Arkhyel » 25 Mar 2021 23:46

Vanilla gamer here. Well, I have some official DLCs. I think it's pretty interesting to see how this see game develops, so I don't use mods.
Owned map expansions:
* Going East!
* Scandinavia
* Vive la France !
* Italia
* Beyond the Baltic Sea
Forceous

#108 Post by Forceous » 24 Aug 2021 12:55

I wish I was happy with vanilla ETS2, mods will be the end of me somehow xD
Truckdrivr

#109 Post by Truckdrivr » 05 Sep 2021 08:20

i only have one profile, with no mods. even i have deleted and un-subbed all mods recently. Vanilla is missing some stuff here and there, but with limited time to play i preffer a hassle free expereince, i dont want to waste time fiddling with mods.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
David Paterson

#110 Post by David Paterson » 07 Sep 2021 03:37

I am very new to ETS2 and I'm playing on a borrowed computer, until I can afford to buy one of my own. I'm staying vanilla until then.

I'm nervous about the troubles that mods can bring, but I think most of the stock sounds are terrible and I wouldn't mind real companies, a realistic economy and rigid trucks.

Oh dear, I'm staring down the abyss already...

Return to “Vanilla Gamers”