How many "vanilla" gamers are we?

Are you a "Vanilla" gamer?

Yes, I swear to ETS2 clean, without any official DLC's like Going East or Scandinavia.
4%
Yes, my mod folder is empty and will be so for all eternity.
27%
No, and I must have ended up in the wrong section. There's no mods here!
69%

Total votes: 478

Trucker_71

Re: How many "vanilla" gamers are we?

#61 Post by Trucker_71 » 05 Feb 2019 15:26

@yiannis
It's because it's cheaper than GTA5 :lol: :lol:
Putter

#62 Post by Putter » 16 Sep 2019 04:08

went Vanilla this weekend (all maps DLC's and some other DLC's) but no mods, after a lot of troubleshooting to why windows/computer randomly reboots without any warning (not sure i have found the cause yet) but in my efforts to root out the problem, i tried with getting rid of every mod, to see if one of them was the problem, (no!) but in doing so i realized how much smoother the game ran, and it was a relief to just play, and not fiddling with new mods or the load order of them... I think i will stay in "vanilla-land" for a foreseeable future, it actually was really pleasant there... :)
Trucker_71

#63 Post by Trucker_71 » 16 Sep 2019 05:33

@Putter "troubleshooting to why windows/computer randomly reboots "

Could your computer be overheating? Have you vacuumed the dust out of it recently?
Are you running the scaling % high? I found that makes the computer run hotter. Just a couple of thoughts. ;)
Putter

#64 Post by Putter » 16 Sep 2019 15:30

@Alky not sure yet but it seems the Power Cable was wiggling even after being seatet properly got a new Cable and it fits much more snugly (is that even a Word?) so hoping to have soled it, run at 300% scaling, if not i look into the dust problem
Trucker_71

#65 Post by Trucker_71 » 16 Sep 2019 16:44

In my experience I find a computer sucks in a lot of dust with the fans. Every few months I take the cover off and clean it up as best I can. I'm one of those that turns my computer off when I don't plan on using it for a while. I think for those that believe in running it 24 hours a day the dust situation would be a big problem.
For my game I use the ultra setting then go to detailed and turn off a lot of useless stuff and I've not seen any great benefit in scaling above 200%, just more cpu heat. But everyone's system is different. ;)
Blackspots

#66 Post by Blackspots » 16 Sep 2019 17:35

Another reason for the reboots is that the power supply could be going bad
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Putter

#67 Post by Putter » 23 Sep 2019 10:05

har to get into the computer and try another psu since i have an small ASUS ROG machine but after turning off "turn off hadrdrive after 20 minuter" in powersaving settings, i could play quite a few hours without any problem yesterday, hope it stays that way, it's only 2 years old so i really dont want to replace the computer quite yet, thanks for Your input, but i better quit this off-topic discussion before i get banned ;-)
Putter

#68 Post by Putter » 31 Oct 2019 18:24

This was the weirdest thing ever, I can gladly report that finally the PC has been running flawless for two weeks now.. what i did? I moved it to the other side of the desk, something must have been interferring with it, maybe my ikea hub for their smart home stuff... and i'm mostly vanilla, no sound or graphics mods anymore, just a few "i cant live without" so not strictly vanilla but way less mods, and the game runs better than ever ;-)
impetoCZ

#69 Post by impetoCZ » 11 Nov 2019 13:37

Since 2012 I have played 5748 hours without mod - one and only mod I have ever had was speed limiter to 85/89 kph :D :D :D
Smoky_TMP

#70 Post by Smoky_TMP » 11 Nov 2019 18:12

No idea if I can call myself a vanilla gamer, but I don't use modifications which can be found into the ETS2 mod folder :D There's one mod I use though (TruckersMP) but it's not in the mod folder :P

Return to “Vanilla Gamers”