Your favorite route in Vanilla game with DLC?

FlyingPigeon

Re: Your favorite route in Vanilla game with DLC?

#31 Post by FlyingPigeon » 03 Jan 2020 23:44

@MIRFI thanks i will take a look some time when the truck and cargo take me that way :-)
Scandinavian truckdriver.
Some newbie driver

#32 Post by Some newbie driver » 04 Jan 2020 10:03

I recently discovered the whole Corsica and I consider that all their secondary roads (mostly all is secondary there) are among the best curvy roads in the game (RttBS apart, still can't compare it). It's not just that they are very well depicted or that they have good scenery and landscape. It's also that the ones that climb mountains are very tricky to drive on, they really need to be dealt with extreme caution as it should be.

If that's the level there's in in RttBS but specially the level they could put on the mountainous parts of Spain (lots of them here), the Iberian DLC is going to be glorious.
harishw8r

#33 Post by harishw8r » 20 Apr 2020 10:37

Road to the Black sea is just exceptional, but the following stretches are my personal favourites:
Bacau - Edirne through the hills. Bacau - Brasov is imo one of the most challenging routes in the game.
The road to Pirdop Quarry.

Scandinavia:
Kristiansand to Bergen
Karlskrona to Stockholm through Kalmar, Linkoping

France:
Clermont to Turin through the Alps and also through Lyon.

Italia: Livorno to Ancona. There's a small narrow road which joins at Terni road which is nice.

Base game:
Innsbruck to Erfurt all through the narrow roads.
Calais to Duisburg
Bern to Turin
Munich to Prague
Frankfurt to Prague. Thanks to update 1.35, I can drive Doubles to Finland from Munich and Frankfurt through the hilly roads!

Great Britain is too underrated imo. It has some of the best roads connecting Aberdeen. Southampton - Cardiff is another good stretch.

Going East: Every road connecting my HQ, Bialystok! Bialystok - Lublin - Krakow - Banska Bystrica - Bratislava is one adventurous route!
Last edited by harishw8r on 01 Aug 2020 08:23, edited 1 time in total.
natjer3

#34 Post by natjer3 » 20 Apr 2020 11:36

Some newbie driver wrote: 04 Jan 2020 10:03 I recently discovered the whole Corsica and I consider that all their secondary roads (mostly all is secondary there) are among the best curvy roads in the game (RttBS apart, still can't compare it). It's not just that they are very well depicted or that they have good scenery and landscape. It's also that the ones that climb mountains are very tricky to drive on, they really need to be dealt with extreme caution as it should be.

If that's the level there's in in RttBS but specially the level they could put on the mountainous parts of Spain (lots of them here), the Iberian DLC is going to be glorious.
Imo, Corsica is the place where you can learn how to not use cruise control.
Steve Pitts

#35 Post by Steve Pitts » 25 Apr 2020 17:58

I drove the Iasi to Targu Mures road the other day, in Romania in the new DLC area, and that was a pleasant trip. Avoid it if you like to ignore speed limits but a mixture of winding roads and small villages made it an enjoyable ride.
Cheers, Steve
Laqueesha

#36 Post by Laqueesha » 26 Apr 2020 11:08

In ATS, my favorite route is starting out in Los Angeles and then heading east into New Mexico and Arizona.

In ETS2 my favorite route is one that stays in-country. Estonia for short ones and France for longer ones.
Andrei_03

#37 Post by Andrei_03 » 26 Apr 2020 11:18

All the roads in Scandinavia are nice, especially Oslo - Stavanger.

Also on Going East there are many cool roads. As @yiannis said, they are outdated, but they're still nice to drive on. Hopefully they will be updated sooner or later.

I am still waiting for the darn Steam sales so I can buy "Road to the Black Sea" at an acceptable price. I have high expectations.
cristianrpbeijo

#38 Post by cristianrpbeijo » 27 Apr 2020 06:24

supersobes wrote: 17 Sep 2019 00:52 During the past few weeks, I've been doing a lot of loads back and forth between Finland and the Baltic States and/or Kaliningrad. The road that I've been using is the A1 corridor along the Baltic coast between Riga, Latvia and Parnu, Estonia. That is an awesome route, and it is definitely one my favourites in the game now.
this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZkeqYOadYw
Last edited by supersobes on 27 Apr 2020 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image from quote [Forum rule 2.13]
supersobes
Global moderator

#39 Post by supersobes » 27 Apr 2020 14:34

@cristianrpbeijo Yep! That's the one! :)
Some newbie driver

#40 Post by Some newbie driver » 27 Apr 2020 15:30

That road has 2 rest stops where you will struggle to get out if you dare to enter with a semi. There are sevreal more of those, almost all in places that seems to have touristic relevance. IMHO, they are two of the several examples that demonstrate the Coach DLC is progressing in the background.

That same road also has a bugged crossroad; where the ITCC bulk tanker exits on @cristianrpbeijo video. AI vehicles entering the road from there don't respect yield. I learnt it the hard way... three times. :roll:

Regards

Return to “Vanilla Gamers”