Forum and modding wiki won't be available this weekend, March 6-7. Sorry for the inconvenience!

New Volvo FH interior lit by turn indicators

New Volvo FH interior lit by turn indicators

#1 Post by 102 » 24 Oct 2013 21:32

They say "stability is the sign of excellence" - you've fixed this issue on old Volvo, but kept it on new one. (Also, DAF still has 5-stage retarder, instead of 3-stage.) ;)

Other than that - awesome truck, first one made me think of swapping my trusty Dutchman on something else. Keep up good work and take care.
Attachments
new fh blinker.jpg
new fh blinker.jpg (33.21 KiB) Viewed 1033 times

Space_Night

Re: New Volvo FH interior lit by turn indicators

#2 Post by Space_Night » 25 Oct 2013 17:27

having driven some 7.5 tonne trucks I have noticed similar. I think its meant to be reflecting into the cab from off the mirrors

Re: New Volvo FH interior lit by turn indicators

#3 Post by 102 » 25 Oct 2013 19:29

It may be true for driver's side - that area near curtains, even if mirror's angle doesn't support that theory, but it doesn't look that way for passenger's side. Especially if turn indicator is also from passenger's side. Look at pattern - only concave (or convex, depending on side you prefer to look from) part of recess is lit, to be more specific - only those sufraces facing turn indicator. Also, Volvos, if memory serves, are the only trucks with such "issues". Well, "were" - old Volvo is no longer lit by turn indicators/hazard warning lights.
So I say it's something with light rays tracing or whatever, like DAF's DIN slots, or tunnel where pedals are, lit by sun, where and when they are not supposed to be lit, not with that strength, nor direction.

Return to “Bugs 1.7”