#1 Post by Swede » 18 Nov 2013 22:16

[ external image ]

Code: Select all

27490.5;90.2739;5234.57 / Near Ostrava
ohaha

Re: Yield sign in wrong place

#2 Post by ohaha » 18 Nov 2013 22:18

Are you sure?
Normally, those turning left must give way to incoming traffic, including those turning right...
Retired, but still loving it.
Cadde

#3 Post by Cadde » 18 Nov 2013 22:26

I have never seen that ohaha, it's people coming in from the right that should yield.
On extended hiatus.
Reinhard

#4 Post by Reinhard » 18 Nov 2013 22:31

However this might be, the sign doesn't match the broken line, painted onto the asphalt. So either the line or the sign may be changed.

I think, like Swede suggests, that sign should be moved. If a truck turns left here, it should leave the area as soon as possible, to prevent a blocking of the straight traffic. But that's of course debatable.
ohaha

#5 Post by ohaha » 18 Nov 2013 23:10

Cadde wrote:I have never seen that ohaha, it's people coming in from the right that should yield.
You mean, when you turn left, you just go through and don't let those coming from the opposite direction pass, if they turn right? Maybe rules differ in your country...
Reinhard wrote:However this might be, the sign doesn't match the broken line, painted onto the asphalt. So either the line or the sign may be changed.
Didn't see the line... Oops! Line means give way, usually...
Retired, but still loving it.
SiSL
SCS Software

#6 Post by SiSL » 18 Nov 2013 23:31

While you are correct, most of ETS2 roads does not have asphalt lane lines correctly --or what it should be--, so I would not count on that really...
Cadde

#7 Post by Cadde » 19 Nov 2013 00:21

ohaha wrote:You mean, when you turn left, you just go through and don't let those coming from the opposite direction pass, if they turn right? Maybe rules differ in your country...
In places that look like that yes, if you are turning right (coming from the right side of the screenshot) you yield to traffic turning left.
This can be coupled with traffic lights, on red you are still allowed to turn right since the lights doesn't apply on that "off ramp" and instead you yield to traffic coming from the left of the screenshot going up.

Might look confusing but is really simple when driving, i have never heard of any problems in those places.

But most of these kinds of intersections are being replaced with roundabouts nowadays.
On extended hiatus.
Swede
Beta tester

#8 Post by Swede » 19 Nov 2013 00:53

Looked in GMaps and found a intersection just like this one in Ostrava, except it had traffic light, but the yield sign was placed where the arrow on the image is pointing, so I would I am sure :P

Return to “Bugs 1.7”