CSIO Technologies SKRS shifter

R0adrunner

Re: CSIO Technologies SKRS shifter

#11 Post by R0adrunner » 13 Jul 2017 19:38

flight50 wrote:
12 Jul 2017 20:01
R0adrunner wrote:
12 Jul 2017 07:25

Oh, and despite everything ;) , i'd like to order an EasyJake too, but apparently i can't order it separately... :?:
Also the site mentions that it is a standalone or add to previous option.
The only available option is add to previous order and even that option is actually not selectable. The add to cart button is greyed out.
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page

flight50

#12 Post by flight50 » 15 Jul 2017 07:25

So I see. That's kinda lame. I just logged into my account and I see what you mean. But if you go to the additional information tab, it is listed as a standalone item.
easy jake.PNG

Reef
Global moderator

#13 Post by Reef » 16 Jul 2017 12:37

Well I'll be honest I'm just a little concerned with these 'alleged' waiting times, and I'm not getting any younger not to mention the fact I've always been an impatient bugger, this concern is further compounded by the lack of feedback or reassurances from the guys at CSIO either on their blog, twitter, FB, YouTube or here at our forum, even though Cory is a member of this forum and tried so damned hard to establish ties with SCS and its community when he started out last year, is a Beta tester and even has his pic as a driver in-game (doing better than me I've been promised that for over two years now yet I'm still not in :| )

So I've also just bought one of the Polish ALMAR ones off of Ebay (the MAN truck one) it was a little bit cheaper than CSIO's one too, but the biggest thing was the estimated delivery date of Fri. 21 Jul. - Fri. 28 Jul.

What I'll do is (assuming this one arrives within the stated times) is use this one till the CSIO one arrives (assuming that it does oc :? ) and then I will try that out briefly and whichever one I like most I'll keep and the other I'll sell on, (obviously if I sell the CSIO one it will be for the full purchase price inc postage as it will be practically unused and you could always order one direct and wait the estimated 3 or 4 months). If I sell on the ALMAR one then the fact that it will be then a used item will be reflected in the resale price. Sound fair?
Nope.. I got nothin'

natvander

#14 Post by natvander » 16 Jul 2017 13:43

I'm interested to hear how the Polish ones perform. To be honest it doesn't feel 'right' to use the EF shifter in ETS 😄
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their
level and beat you with experience.

Reef
Global moderator

#15 Post by Reef » 17 Jul 2017 08:27

Well I've had a notification e-mail from Ebay saying "Order dispatched" and also an e-mail from a PL courier giving me the tracking number, the e-mails actually came through yesterday (Sunday) but I'd only checked them this morning, so the order was generated/dispatched on the same day that I purchased it, so I can only assume this seller has a made up supply of them and only lists what he has available to sell.

Checked my CSIO account this morning and that still says "Processing" so no update on that (I placed the order on Tuesday the 11th and the money was debited from my account on Thursday the 13th).

I'll update as and when I get new information.
natvander wrote:
16 Jul 2017 13:43
To be honest it doesn't feel 'right' to use the EF shifter in ETS 😄
That's why I went for the MAN one (other than it was the cheapest lol) I actually prefer the rocker switch type half gear splitter as that's what I'm used to with the DAFs, my only disappointment with the ALMAR range of shifters were a) obviously no DAF shifter and b) the medallions don't truly represent my shifter layout, but that's 'liveable' with as my eyes are on the road (screen) not the shifter ;)

Oh I was incorrect about prices in my previous post, the ALMAR was NOT cheaper than the CSIO, I got the currencies confused (I was thinking of the price in USD not GBP)..
The CSIO has come in at £112.94 GBP ($144.90) and the ALMAR was £126 GBP
Nope.. I got nothin'

Kiwimike7

#16 Post by Kiwimike7 » 17 Jul 2017 09:28

I use one of the Polish ones, goes great, arrived in Oz in under a week.

Dibbles

#17 Post by Dibbles » 21 Jul 2017 04:28

I ordered mine on July 14 still no reply and I can't make a change to my order what would you do if you were in my shoes if u have any tips let me know it would be helpful

Reef
Global moderator

#18 Post by Reef » 21 Jul 2017 11:11

Mr UPS man delivered my ALMAR SKRS today, set it up (really simple) and tried it out, OMG! This is the biggest game changer since I first got my G27 4~5 yrs ago!

I Really like it, it's much lighter than I expected (I still think the CSIO one looks a little heavy) I could track the delivery through each of it's stages which inspired a lot of confidence (CSIO is still "Pending"), set up was like I said simple and took only a few minutes, thanks to SCS adding the 'act as a switch' option the in-game set up was straightforward and took seconds.

As I said in a previous post once the CSIO one arrives I'll compare the two and sell the one that doesn't quite cut it for me.

But as of right now I'm ecstatically happy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dibbles wrote:
21 Jul 2017 04:28
I ordered mine on July 14 [...] if u have any tips let me know it would be helpful
Ordered my CSIO on the 11th of July, only tip is patience and fingers crossed I'm afraid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nope.. I got nothin'

Return to “Public research”