CSIO Technologies SKRS shifter

Moh1336
Beta tester

Re: CSIO Technologies SKRS shifter

#41 Post by Moh1336 » 31 Oct 2017 11:08

What can they do though Reef? They could go through their social media outlets and remove all mentions, but beyond that their hands are tied. It wouldn't look very professional if they made a blog post about it distancing themselves and could potentially harm negotiations elsewhere.

It's a tricky slope between do something or nothing.
My Blog/Mod page: http://ijsmods.wordpress.com
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.

TarsoMagno
Beta tester

#42 Post by TarsoMagno » 31 Oct 2017 11:15

MikkelSmikkel wrote:
20 Oct 2017 10:04
I would like to see a tutorial, as my Almar SKRS stopped working. Took it apart and it looks like the pcb short-circuited. So, I only need how to solder the existing wires to a new pcb.
In order to avoid too much derailing of this thread lets change to this one regarding custom build Shifter Knobs
viewtopic.php?f=178&t=244767

Reef
Global moderator

#43 Post by Reef » 31 Oct 2017 11:56

Moh1336 wrote:
31 Oct 2017 11:08
What can they do though Reef? They could go through their social media outlets and remove all mentions,
That would be better than their current stand of sweet f a!

People may search google and come across SCS's early mentions and support of CSIO and that may be the "good enough for me" moment that persuades someone to part with their money, or worse still a Parent searching for confirmation of their childs Christmas present wishlist!

I don't want CSIO publicly lynched or flogged I just want them to uphold their end of the business deal and part of any business ethic is communication with your customer, not complete blanket ignoring of them!

I don't expect it to bother you Moh as you haven't been affected by it but surely you'd be annoyed (like I was) when even asking for advice on this the official SCS forum and even as a member of the forum staff was not told about SCS's problems with CSIO's equipment and communication until after I'd already purchased it?
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 11, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

flight50

#44 Post by flight50 » 05 Nov 2017 03:16

It would be nice if SCS stepped in at least to warn customers. There will be newcomers that want that realism of a Shifter. Last summer I was one of those newcomers. I once looked at the asking price for these shifters said ahh heck no. I finally bit the bullet and bought a mega Shifter and a skrs to support both guys. You can't get anymore realistic than an actually truck Shifter. I know I would not like a self made one. Doing it on the cheap will not work for me. I understand Csio may have started out with good intentions, but I can only look at what is going on now. Just yesterday, I disputed my payments with them myself.

Thing is Csio states that you can get a refund if your order has not shipped. Yet they fight to keep your money when banks try to get your money back. This is a scam. A honest company wouldn't take your money in the first place til they ship and/or process your order. Better yet, stop taking orders til you catch up. My order still says processing since July 6th. Yet they withdrew fundsday one. So shady imo.

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 6, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

teknogeek1300

#45 Post by teknogeek1300 » 15 Nov 2017 19:45

I sell an alternative, with color options, and left/right grip options. 3d printed, wired, soldered, and coded by me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trucking-Shift ... 2280391806

flight50

#46 Post by flight50 » 18 Nov 2017 01:02

Well just an update on my dispute with CSIO and their SKRS, I did get my money back. I just checked by credit card online and little to my surprise, it was done much quicker than they told me it would take. I disputed on Nov 3rd, and I got the credit back on Nov 3rd for the SKRS and I got the adapter payment back on Nov 9th. So either they went ahead and processed it as they were actually able to find CSIO guilty of no intent to send product. Or they temporarily reward my funds and will reverse it after further investigation. As of now my credit card account has a negative valve. Meaning my card is payed up and instead of me owning the bank for a positive balance, they owe me. Basically the negative value is a credit. Either way, stay away from CSIO and anything they sale. The A.S.P controller sold on their site is legit though. I did get that only because CSIO doesn't make them. It comes from another person. I also ordered the shifter extender. It too is legit as a real trucking company is tied to that sale. But the shifter adapter for the Logitech or the Thrustmaster comes from CSIO and they won't even send that out even though a machine shop makes it for them.

SAY NO TO CSIO. I am very happy with my Mega Shifter purchase. The Easy Jake is a fantastic addition.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

jackd23

#47 Post by jackd23 » 19 Nov 2017 15:26

I meant to order a shift knob from CSIO as well, but they only take credit card. So I put in an inquiry to arrange payments via PayPal, but they never answered. Upon further searching, I was also pointed to the Polish guys and ordered from Almar off Ebay.

It's nice to know that the switches are actual robust, bulky industry switches from a real MAN TFX knob, and not some unknown quality consumer electronics, and the knob fits well on my G27 shifter. The USB jack does seem to have a little connectivity issue after 2 months, and requires some fiddling to keep/establish connection, probably not exactly their fault though. It arrived very timely and well packaged, along with a few sweets (although of unknown expiry date haha). They were also nice and responsive. Since I hadn't ordered off eBay in a long time, I didn't notice that it had the wrong shipping address saved, but they immediately confirmed my request to send it to the right address. Phew, crisis averted ;)

It was a silly amount of money for a silly toy, but shifting in ATS/ETS2 has become just that much more convenient, immersive, and enjoyable. But hey, good on them for having that niche market. I don't have an easy way getting my hands on a knob and solder something together myself and hope to fix it to the G27, so I guess the price fit the efforts I would have to make otherwise.
Alcohol goes well with everything, except decisions.

WolfTheWhite

#48 Post by WolfTheWhite » 29 Nov 2017 15:10

Out of curiosity, I had two support tickets with CSIO, and can no longer see them after starting a dispute with BBB. Now I go to support tickets and all I see is [tickets].

I ordered April 8, 2017. Submitted tickets in late July and updated it in early November, then two weeks ago made a new ticket and submitted a dispute with BBB. I have received no communication from CSIO whatsoever. I don't want a refund, I want the product. I'd like to know, has anyone who ordered in 2017 gotten a product yet? Are they even still shipping? In my dispute I asked that they ship my product before 8 months (Dec 8), otherwise, I'm going to be hunting them down for a refund.

The fact they are currently taking more orders for SKRS is fraudulent. They have a huge backlog to get through first.

flight50

#49 Post by flight50 » 06 Dec 2017 21:13

@WolftheWhite. Just order from here viewtopic.php?f=178&t=231127

You might as well go for the refund. I ordered in July. There was one poster that ordered in April and he went for a refund. Nobody that I am aware of is getting their product that ordered this year.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Alaindor

#50 Post by Alaindor » 06 Dec 2017 22:03

FYi, I just filed a complaint to the BBB; probably not much use to get any money back for me, but it may avoid others falling for this scam.
Complaint Submitted

Your complaint has been submitted and assigned the ID xxxxxx. For your reference, a copy of your complaint appears below. You will also receive an email with a link that you may use to view this complaint.

The complaint is being handled by the dispute center listed below. Please contact them with any questions.
Better Business Bureau (Saint Paul, MN)

I ordered mine Aug. 14, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Return to “Public research”