Australian and Canadian Truck Simulators

plinio.lisboa.br

Re: Australian and Canadian Truck Simulators

#21 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 17 Feb 2020 00:11

Good night guys, let's try to relive this topic.

"Canada Truck Simulator", is an idea that I consider, to start being created the moment the American Truck Simulator is completed, it will probably be the same team, in general lines, to do it. Because I justify, Canada has a diversity of landscapes, climates, but relief and vegetation, in a certain sense of thinking about physical geography, is a continuity of the United States.
  So for me it is very logical to use the same team, which is already used to creating these game assets.

Australian truck simulator.
 I suppose it can be created with SCS Software by developing a third team dedicated to building it, putting newbies and some veterans in the construction of Euro Truck 2.
Because the Australian landscapes (South and Southeast Region), have many characteristics of Mediterranean Europe and the central and western region of Australia has the semi-arid, desert, and SCS Software personnel, in my humble opinion they are acquiring this experience or doing the Iberia map. Because especially Spain, it has some very arid regions.

So this type of vegetation would be almost the same (being very generic in writing, of course) that there would be research on typical Australian vegetation, but plants from arid regions have some common characteristics.

Australia also has Mediterranean vegetation in some parts, this map asset was created for: Italy, Spain, Portugal, in the future: Greece!
And it can be used for those areas of Mediterranean vegetation that exist in Australia.
In terms of map start it is the big question.

Start building the Australia Truck Simulator map for Western Australia or start building the Australia map for the State of Victoria or New South Wales? It would be really a surprise (positive) if it started with the State of Queesland (area of tropical and Equatorial climate and vegetation).

Canadian truck simulator:

Canada also makes me very curious, "where would SCS Software start building the Canadian truck simulator?"

Natural logic says to start with British Columbia, and then Yukon to connect continental America with its state Alaska.

So, making the way to the east, with the maps of the other provinces, but that makes me very confused, because we can think that the Canadian truck simulator can start after the ATS, and existing: New York, Philadelphia, Detroid, Chicago, have a strong commercial and logistical link with this east and south of Canada. That is the question, where to start?

xXCARL1992Xx

#22 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Feb 2020 16:38

there wont be a "Canada Truck Simulator" this is what ATS is for, it is about America the continent not America the country
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

RoadKiller116

#23 Post by RoadKiller116 » 23 Feb 2020 19:52

@xXCARL1992Xx Yeah :)
My Workshop

Enjoy My Paintjobs & My Mods!

bobgrey1997

#24 Post by bobgrey1997 » 23 Feb 2020 20:18

Canada won't only be made by the same team, but will be part of the same game (American Truck Simulator).
Pavel (if I remember correctly) stated in an interview a few years back that the goal of ATS was beyond the United States to eventually include Canada and Mexico, if not even further.

There is also a handful of mods which already included Canada and Mexico in ATS, with a famous high-quality team working on a Canada mod right now (Promods).
When SCS finishes the United States, Canada is likely their next step. If they continue to grow the team at their current rate, they might even start on Canada before finishing the United States.

As for an Australian Truck Simulator, that will likely be something they work on if they manage to grow the company to the point of having too many people on both ATS and ETS2 and wanting a nice side project (Like ATS once was). I do see them making an Australian Truck Simulator before an Asian Truck Simulator. Many Asian countries have very dense overpopulated cities which may prove problematic in the map building and performance departments.
ImageImage

Hiro

#25 Post by Hiro » 23 Feb 2020 21:41

bobgrey1997 wrote:
23 Feb 2020 20:18
As for an Australian Truck Simulator, that will likely be something they work on if they manage to grow the company to the point of having too many people on both ATS and ETS2 and wanting a nice side project (Like ATS once was). I do see them making an Australian Truck Simulator before an Asian Truck Simulator. Many Asian countries have very dense overpopulated cities which may prove problematic in the map building and performance departments.
And if anything, the lack of density in Australian cities (and the relatively large distances between them) makes it easier than ETS2 or ATS. Probably the only places where you'd have metro areas overlapping/contiguous in-game would be Melbourne/Geelong, Perth/Freemantle, Sydney/Central Coast/Newcastle, and Gold Coast/Brisbane/Sunshine Coast. Everything else would basically be like California/Nevada stretched out over the entire ATS map.

flight50

#26 Post by flight50 » 24 Feb 2020 05:31

AuTS would be a mix of both ATS/ETS2. Truck lineup and landscaping.....and true road trains. One of the biggest difference from ATS to AuTS will be that the entire game would be right hand drive instead. Doing it at 1:20 scale would be like 1:17 or 1:18 of ATS.

plinio.lisboa.br

#27 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 04 Mar 2020 14:12

A summary of the long route in Australia between Melbourne and Brisbane, accelerated 4 times, and yet the video has 5 hours to summarize 3 days of travel!

Australia Road Trip: Melbourne To Brisbane. 2018
Actually Frankston, VIC to Noosa, QLD.
Done over 3 days at the end of September 2018
At 4x speed.

The video return also accelerated at 4 times but the travel time is 6 hours.

Hiro

#28 Post by Hiro » 04 Mar 2020 21:55

@ 3:00.37 in the first video you can _juuuuuuuuust_ see the roof of where I work on the edge of the screen.

Little bit of nitpicking though (obviously interstaters so weren't aware) but the M1 between Lane Cove Tunnel and the Harbour Bridge isn't a toll road (and you can get on and off at many points), both the tunnel and the bridge are tolls however.

Pity they went through the Hawkesbury/Mt White/Mooney Mooney Ck Bridge sections of the F3/M1 in the night and rain as they are some of the most scenic bits of the trip..

plinio.lisboa.br

#29 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 04 Mar 2020 23:37

Hiro wrote:
04 Mar 2020 21:55
@ 3:00.37 in the first video you can _juuuuuuuuust_ see the roof of where I work on the edge of the screen.

Good morning my Australian friend, how are you?
  Hope so.
  Very cool, to know that in a video that was unpretentiously searched for to post in this forum.
To all of us who admire Australia spend a few moments imagining the "Australia Simulator, and it's nice to know that one of the players can find a piece of their daily life in a
video.
I'm very happy to know that. I'm trying to gather information about Australia.

As for the detail of the rain, well I like the cloudy weather, and with rain because while it rain it doesn't dry.
  In Brazil I live in a tropical climate region, and for 6 months it is completely dry, without rain, my greatest happiness is the other six months with rain, everything is green,
even the animals are a little happier.
  So it's good that it rained, there's beauty in that too.

Good Morning. :)

natvander
SCS Software

#30 Post by natvander » 04 Mar 2020 23:42

Hiro wrote:
04 Mar 2020 21:55
Pity they went through the Hawkesbury/Mt White/Mooney Mooney Ck Bridge sections of the F3/M1 in the night and rain as they are some of the most scenic bits of the trip..
Only if you're a passenger. If you're a driver your eyes are firmly on the vehicles a bee's wing in front and behind.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “Public research”