Australian and Canadian Truck Simulators

room217au

Re: Australian and Canadian Truck Simulators

#31 Post by room217au » 04 Mar 2020 23:48

I dream of the day when they've finished upgrading the F3 between Sydney and Newy. Sigh.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts.. do.

Hiro

#32 Post by Hiro » 04 Mar 2020 23:53

@room217au and it needs to be a dream because it won't be in most of our lifetimes.

The one bit I'm hanging out for is the connection from Black Hill across to Raymond Terrace, so they can take all that traffic off John Renshaw and the Hexham Bridge which makes getting out of work on the Friday arvo of a long weekend a nightmare (Weakleys Drive is a bit better since the Hunter Expressway opened, but they still need to widen the bridge across Weakleys Flat Ck)

plinio.lisboa.br

#33 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 05 Mar 2020 00:06

Let's go west!

Driving From Melbourne To Perth | Full 35 hours | Pt1 of 3
Driving From Melbourne To Perth | Full 35 hours | Pt2 of 3
Driving From Melbourne To Perth | Full 35 hours | Pt3 of 3
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb4UsIxt940&t=131s[/youtube]

natvander
SCS Software

#34 Post by natvander » 05 Mar 2020 00:47

Hiro wrote:
04 Mar 2020 23:53
The one bit I'm hanging out for is the connection from Black Hill across to Raymond Terrace, so they can take all that traffic off John Renshaw and the Hexham Bridge which makes getting out of work on the Friday arvo of a long weekend a nightmare (Weakleys Drive is a bit better since the Hunter Expressway opened, but they still need to widen the bridge across Weakleys Flat Ck)
Perhaps you should try Newcastle Link Rd just for a bit of fun...
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

room217au

#35 Post by room217au » 05 Mar 2020 00:54

Best news is they've repaired and re-surfaced the section through the twin servos, under the Alison Rd overpass so that it doesn't shake your teeth loose anymore.
.. and the left-hander on to Pennant Hills Rd .. and the equally disasterous bit past the Pennant Hills Hotel. Sheesh. They're making improvements :/

natvander
SCS Software

#36 Post by natvander » 05 Mar 2020 00:57

I do like the new Sparks Rd loop - that saves me time and will clear the traffic at the interchange. Southbound is a different story tho...
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

room217au

#37 Post by room217au » 05 Mar 2020 01:09

Heading down this arvo to Canberra for an Angels gig. Every time I drive through Marulan I say a lil prayer that they've re-done north and southbound approaches to the weighbridges.
Is that too much to ask? Or are they leaving that bit so as to shake f**k out of the truck to loosen up bits? :)

Hiro

#38 Post by Hiro » 05 Mar 2020 01:28

natvander wrote:
05 Mar 2020 00:47
Perhaps you should try Newcastle Link Rd just for a bit of fun...
I used to take the link road every so often back when I still lived in town near the uni so I know what it's like in the afternoons, out at East Maitland now so no need :P
room217au wrote:
05 Mar 2020 00:54
Best news is they've repaired and re-surfaced the section through the twin servos, under the Alison Rd overpass so that it doesn't shake your teeth loose anymore.
.. and the left-hander on to Pennant Hills Rd .. and the equally disasterous bit past the Pennant Hills Hotel. Sheesh. They're making improvements :/
Northconnex needs to hurry up, Pennant Hills Rd will be like a calm blue ocean without all the interstate trucks on it...

room217au

#39 Post by room217au » 08 Mar 2020 11:12

ah yes. The NSW govt's plan to fleece truck drivers. Again. As far as I know, the tunnel connecting the southern end of the M1 (old F3) at Pennant Hills road, to the M2 costs $23 each way for heavy vehicles. It will be $5 for cars.
The camera gantries on Pennant Hills road between Hornsby and the M2 photograph all vehicles that pass under. Vehicles with a GVM greater than 4.5tons travelling ON that section of road without valid reason (ie. delivery, work base, etc) will cop a fine of $191.00
Motorists are required to be offered a valid alternative to toll roads but in this case I can't see a valid b-double route from the two main arteries before the gantry on pennant hills road, southbound. Thompson's corner seemingly the only alternative, via Castle Hill but I don't think that's heavy. Only general traffic.
What to do?

plinio.lisboa.br

#40 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 16 Mar 2020 09:01

Good morning.
Making a truck simulator over Australia and another one over Canada are very interesting for example there are very interesting routes Imagine you playing the American Truck Simulator and in the state of Montana you reach the city of Eureka Then you go up this route to the far north of Canada.

https://www.google.com.br/maps/dir/Roos ... 0?hl=pt-BR

There may even be loads coming out of places like Texas to take some kind of product to the far north of Canada, perhaps oil equipment, pipeline pipes.
  Whatever products the Canadians carry to their far north.

https://www.google.com.br/maps/dir/Inuv ... 0?hl=pt-BR

It would be very interesting to cross Canada, perhaps making a route from Toronto to the far north. It would be an Epic trip.

just out of curiosity if one day SCS Software ,made a map of Brazil you would have epic trips and long routes in the link below is the most extreme point in the north of Brazil to the most south point.

https://www.google.com.br/maps/dir/Paca ... 0?hl=pt-BR

The route between the West and the East of Brazil, is not yet completed, there is a stretch of about 300 to 400 km missing. pioneer, and is located within a national park. Either way is an extremely long route.
https://www.google.com.br/maps/dir/M%C3 ... 0?hl=pt-BR

SCS Software will have a lot of work on the continent of the Americas, to complete the Continental map the United States project seems to be almost a childish game in terms of complexity, compared to what could be in making Latin America, are very large routes, and very large countries: Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Paraguay ;are big is a lot of ground and a lot of mileage...

Return to “Public research”