A more realistic American Truck Simulator

should SCS add used truck dealers,,cb radio talk,trailer buying, and realism in ATS?

yes
68%
no
11%
some of these
21%

Total votes: 63

warrior-trucker-1396

A more realistic American Truck Simulator

#1 Post by warrior-trucker-1396 » 01 Jul 2015 00:21

Hello fellow Truckers, I had this idea for a while now that ATS should be a more realistic simulator. And being more real it would become even more fun,famous,and honourable. I mean SCS should add things like buying a used truck as your first truck, they should make some used truck dealers alongside new truck dealers. And they should add all 7 american truck makes ( Volvo, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Freightliner, Mack, International, and Western star),old models of trucks should be avaliable at used truck dealers . The option of buying our own trailers would be the icing on a cake. the options to talk on the cb radio would be awesome and the cops actually coming to you instead of random tickets. Id love to see all this in ATS and I think you guys would too, PLEASE share your ideas on this and if we should contact SCS on this. Thank You and keep on Truckin' :D :D :)

TwinShadow

Re: A more realistic American Truck Simulator

#2 Post by TwinShadow » 01 Jul 2015 05:23

I'm gonna bullet this in a way that its easier for me to read, and respond to. Just to give my thoughts.
warrior-trucker-1396 wrote:I mean SCS should add things like buying a used truck as your first truck, they should make some used truck dealers alongside new truck dealers.
This has been requested several times, even for ETS2.

warrior-trucker-1396 wrote:And they should add all 7 american truck makes ( Volvo, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Freightliner, Mack, International, and Western star),old models of trucks should be avaliable at used truck dealers .
Same deal with this one, very common request. On that note, there's a chance SCS may not have licenses for all the brands used in the US, so we'll see fake brands, but that won't mean the trucks don't exist in the game. There will always be mods available in the meantime until official licenses can be obtained.

warrior-trucker-1396 wrote:The option of buying our own trailers would be the icing on a cake.
I'm about to sound like a broken record, but same thing. However, this makes more sense for the US I believe, but I don't know European economics on how this stuff works.

warrior-trucker-1396 wrote:the options to talk on the cb radio would be awesome
Not a very common request, but I've seen it before. I wouldn't mind some minor interaction like it was in... one of the old 18WoS games. Just can't remember which right now.

warrior-trucker-1396 wrote:and the cops actually coming to you instead of random tickets.
The tickets are not random. However, we don't have as much in the way of speed cameras or anything like there is in Europe, but some places do have red light cameras (though my area voted to remove them, since some people say that they'll cause more accidents than actually prevent) which will mail you a ticket home. There's no real way to simulate this effectively but I wouldn't mind seeing perhaps a similar thing in the old 18 WoS games maybe. I dunno...

long123

#3 Post by long123 » 07 Aug 2015 07:40

Same deal with this one, very common request. On that note, there's a chance SCS may not have licenses for all the brands used in the US

TruckSimChris

#4 Post by TruckSimChris » 07 Aug 2015 09:12

It's waaaaay too late to be making any more suggestions for ATS. It's pretty much already settled that ATS is nothing more than ETS2 with different trucks in a different country.

I think any requests for a "more realistic" game will have to wait for ETS3 or ATS2 (if there ever is a plan to make them).

wombat457

#5 Post by wombat457 » 15 Feb 2016 04:28

C.P. is probably right in what he says. But honestly, take a look at history, SCS has rarely fixed any of the problems that have been brought to their attention in the past and most of them remain in ETS2 and ATS so what makes any one think that they (SCS) will really entertain anything more than what THEY want.

C.P. Is also right when he says that ATS is nothing more than ETS in another region with nothing new added and none of the ETS and back as far as WoS problems fixed.

Just to show what I mean about SCS not caring about what we want, show me any post here (where they included their Public Research Forum) where they have commented or even acknowledged the ideas people have put forward. I couldn't find any which suggest they either don't give a darn or don't even read these posts.
Cheers Mate...

elnino

#6 Post by elnino » 29 Feb 2016 02:45

We saw a ton of new features for ETS2 over the lifespan of the game. Now that ATS is out, the releases from here will be map DLC's, Trucks, and the occasional feature additions and fixes. I believe in one of the interviews with the head honcho (sorry forget the name) he did mention wanting to do more with the police.

Certainly not everything discussed has seen the light of day, but one of the things that keeps me playing these truck sims is seeing the game progress like it has.

Used trucks sounds like something that might cause issues with the manufacturers. Otherwise seems like it would be pretty easy to throw in a couple used trucks in the dealer inventory with 15% damage.

wombat457

#7 Post by wombat457 » 29 Feb 2016 03:49

The likely hood of SCS implementing any of the things mentioned is almost zero. Why would they include the things mentioned (all of which are needed and apart of the REAL WORLD of trucking) when they couldn't be bothered doing it for ETS2?

Guys, be realistic, ATS is nothing more than ETS2 in a new place. Nothing that has been raised (problem wise) for ETS2 has been fixed in ATS and wont be to expecting something new in ATS is a pipe dream, regardless of anything SCS says. Don't forget guys - words are cheap ;)

With that being said, the things mentioned would be great to see and to be seen in ETS2 as well but I honestly think the only way we will see them is if we go out and BUY a REAL truck and put those things in it ourselves.
Cheers Mate...

TomDooley

#8 Post by TomDooley » 09 Mar 2016 07:46

I'd vote for the used trucks, and all brands, not at all minding fake designators ("Valiant" or "Intercontinental" or such).

I'd also like MORE CAB options - the Pete 579 for example has at least 5 (not counting aftermarket custom "box" sleepers) sizes of which SCS picked three - same goes for the 680 Ken.
More ACCESSORIES - lights + LED stripes, horns, some manufacturers also offer different headlight technologies (LED/XENON/Halogen), APU's...

I don't exactly need the ownable trailers, and being chased by cops makes no sense without damage models or a chance to outrun them over a state line.

HOWEVER, a map overhaul would be in order... if only for better scale and realistic INTERSTATES.

My 2$s
Tom

Flemming V
Global moderator

#9 Post by Flemming V » 09 Mar 2016 09:26

wombat457 wrote:regardless of anything SCS says. Don't forget guys - words are cheap
You are so right that words are cheap, but totally out of curiosity, what does SCS say?

wombat457

#10 Post by wombat457 » 11 Mar 2016 03:44

It would be interesting to know what SCS intends and or says. For instance, they said that they would "expand" ATS if the demand was there. Apparently, going by the poll in another thread, the demand for ATS is not there in it's current form. Therefore, if SCS is true to it's word, there will be no further expansion or, at best, only limited expansion of ATS. If that is the case, ATS will die and become a non event.

In that example, SCS says no expansion without demand and, apparently, there seems to be little demand for ATS in it's current form and that will/may continue without expansion and the problems with it fixed. A catch 22 situation if I have ever seen one.
Cheers Mate...

Return to “Public research”