Australia Truck Simulator

adrian007

Re: Australia Truck Simulator

#11 Post by adrian007 » 04 Oct 2015 01:35

Hi again sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick here but wasn't this attempted some time ago by a Modder (?) who was never heard from again or do you mean SCS doing this? This the link to another topic(?) viewtopic.php?f=137&t=107153&hilit=aust ... +simulator which is where I came in now I don't know if the devs have gone back to it or not but as they haven't posted a reply to this particular topic suspect that it's been forgotten.
Regards
Adrian

TruckSimChris

#12 Post by TruckSimChris » 04 Oct 2015 01:45

@adrian, I think you must be mistaken. I haven't seen SCS suggest making an Australian sim any time in the recent past. That post you linked to is only a suggestion from a forum member, nothing more.

FYI, anything posted in the "Public Research" section of this forum are just ideas and requests by the community, it doesn't mean anything here is actually being worked on.

adrian007

#13 Post by adrian007 » 04 Oct 2015 02:05

Yes I realize that did you read page 2 ? which had the link to the developers which sort of proves the point and without getting into what do you youngsters call it a flame (?) war I 'll just drop it
Regards
Adrian 8-)

HPAAdrien

#14 Post by HPAAdrien » 20 Oct 2015 06:41

That's sounds very good. :cry:

PinKPanther

#15 Post by PinKPanther » 23 Oct 2015 21:47

Aussie Truck Sim could be really fun indeed with the good and old Outback but yeah, it'll be a loooot of work with ETS2 and ATS.

Imagine a pete with 6 trailers going thru a river, damn that could be a hell load of fun tho.

atsfan

#16 Post by atsfan » 18 Nov 2015 08:48

I playd the old, but good, Extream Truck Simulator, with Australia like region ;)
Cattle and Crops, ETS2 mods, FS15 mods, FS17 mods
These mods are not created by me. Credit and download link belong to the author. This posts helps moders to promote their work.

Crocko From Oz

#17 Post by Crocko From Oz » 04 Jul 2016 03:03

Would love to see an Oz version of Truck Simulator. :D BUT it would take a lot of work and research. B-doubles, and in some states, B-triples, and of course our infamous 'road-trains' complete with dolly-wheeled trailers.

Not to mention our own designed and built Kenny's (@ Bayswater, Victoria) such as the T909 and SAR's, especially the earlier Australian only (and N.Z.) SAR's.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=kenw ... 00&bih=746

http://www.kenworth.com.au/kenworth-trucks/

MackAttack

#18 Post by MackAttack » 23 Aug 2016 13:14

Finish ATS? They'll never get it done.. People will be long bord with it before they finish it... started with 2 states took 3 months for third state lol only 47 more to go!!!

What's 47 x 3 =? ATS finish date! Lol oh still NO 389 ;-)

Rickpp

#19 Post by Rickpp » 23 Aug 2016 13:36

SNR ....I may do an Aussie map.

MackAttack.......I agree with you. at the rate they're going it would take them years and years........certainly would be outdated game before they even get to all the states.

Thats why mapmakers like myself, Mantrid, Maniax, etc are making full maps right now.

room217au

#20 Post by room217au » 23 Aug 2016 14:43

Crocko From Oz wrote:Would love to see an Oz version of Truck Simulator. :D BUT it would take a lot of work and research. B-doubles, and in some states, B-triples, and of course our infamous 'road-trains' complete with dolly-wheeled trailers./
Hmm.
You bring up an interesting point.
Triples and roadtrains (incidentally a b-triple *is* a roadtrain by definition) aren't allowed in cities. There's been talk lately of letting them past the Dubbo hub to the coast.
Ford has two triples that transverse Victoria delivering parts.
I see triples and 5-trailer rigs in the interior, but only b-doubles in the more populated areas.

How would the game decipher which trailer(s) are allowed on which road(s)?
There are even designated "b-double routes" through Sydney.

That said, it'd be neat throwing 150tons of truck down Parramatta Road through Petersham at 4 o'clock on a Fridee arvo :)
Carnage.
.. and the lights comin' over the hill are a-blindin' me ..

Return to “Public research”