SCS Open House (?)

Mohegan13
Beta tester

Re: SCS Open House (?)

#12 Post by Mohegan13 » 26 Feb 2018 12:57

Visit Prague: Come and look at our.... Why is everyone flocking to that one building?
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

abasstreppas
Location: On an island outside another island, outside another island...

#13 Post by abasstreppas » 26 Feb 2018 13:06

Well, I would definitely be interested :) Haven't been to Prague since 1990, but I love that town, and the beer, and the game we're here for. So it would anyhow be a great combo. :D

Axel Slingerland

#14 Post by Axel Slingerland » 26 Feb 2018 13:22

Well... I'd love to, but don't have $5,000 or so to spare at the moment. There's more to it than just the airfare. There's the hotels, food, rental cars, etc. For those of us who don't have that kind of money lying about (maybe next year, eh?) how about a virtual tour? Somebody there has got to have a better digital camera than I do, and I can make movies with my POS camera. I know it wouldn't be a "proper tour" but it would be better than nothing. And hey... It might finally kill those ugly rumors that you guys are just a small company!
You can call me Ax

SiSL
SCS Software

#15 Post by SiSL » 26 Feb 2018 13:29

I don't think you need rental cars in Prague. Looks pretty city that you can just walk through for many POI's and just use subway to reach SCS building. Google maps find the new building very easily :D

WerewolfCustoms

#16 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 26 Feb 2018 13:41

Taxis are cheap. Last time I was there you could bargain about prices :D Also, subway and trams were all over, so getting around isn't a problem.

I will surely visit Prague again. Last time I was there, I got so drunk -I woke up in a hotel room the next day, with a tattoo on my shoulder, not knowing how it got there :D Anyhow, great idea to have open days, but really can't dedicate myself for a set date.

CrazyGijs

#17 Post by CrazyGijs » 26 Feb 2018 13:48

I'd love to come. But I need to get my driving license first... :lol:

And indeed, you don't need a car in Prague as a tourist. Walking is fine, but you need to watch out for the trams that appear from nowhere... xd

Intel Core i5 9600k, Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F, 16GB 3000 Mhz Corsair RAM, ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2070 Super OC 8GB, Logitech G502, Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base & pedals LC + P1 rim, Driving Force Shifter + DIY Scania SKRS.

Roman71

#18 Post by Roman71 » 26 Feb 2018 13:49

Will there be chance to visit for non-tester and non-moderator? :) Cause from Brno to Prague it's like 200km :P
ImageImageImage

Nemiro
SCS Software

#19 Post by Nemiro » 26 Feb 2018 13:51

Good you've mentioned this idea Tarso. We were thinking about similar ideas. But on the other hand we don't want to stress our colleagues with a camera pointed to them or t our common/kitchen/relax room. These zones are mentioned to be mainly for resting time and chat between members of SCS, to rest for a while from countless hours sitting in front of monitors and keyboards and we're afraid that many of our colleagues won't be very happy if there will be some cameras live streaming everything.

But we're still thinking about to make a live stream on our IG profile in which we'd walk around the office with some commentary for example. But we'll need some more preparations for it and right now we all are really busy. But I think we'll do it soon. Hopefully. :D

But also we've participated in a virtual tour through our office making and I think the link will be provided very soon in some future blog post. Then everyone will be able to see our offices in a virtual tour captured by a 360 camera device.
--- NEMIRO ---

Every curse can be broken with an iron will.

Every Community Manager will probably tell you that the community he works with is the best. But they haven't met the #ETS2 and #ATS fans yet, have they?
WE ARE THE #BESTCOMMUNITYEVER!

Tarso
Beta tester

#20 Post by Tarso » 26 Feb 2018 13:54

Nice, I understand the problem between devs and cameras, maybe you could disguise the cameras as coffee machines they will feel more comfortable until they start to ask who hanged those coffee machines on the wall :mrgreen:
Last edited by Tarso on 26 Feb 2018 13:58, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Public research”