Chinese Truck Simulator

erkinalp

Chinese Truck Simulator

#1 Post by erkinalp » 13 Dec 2018 21:44

China is a vast country and a very large market. What do you think about a truck simulator modelling People's Republic of China?
Preferably, this simulator should only be made available in countries that do recognise both Taiwan and PRC, and its UI should be translated into as many Chinese languages as possible.
PS: I just timed opening this topic to match Chinese morning

bobgrey1997

Re: Chinese Truck Simulator

#2 Post by bobgrey1997 » 13 Dec 2018 22:08

I may get some hate for this one, but here goes!
If they ever do make a Chinese Truck Simulator, I really hope the technology of gaming, and of their engine has improved enough to implement realistic traffic density and behavior... I would love to see at least one driving game in my life where you actually have to be smart when planning your route and timing to avoid those massive traffic jams with upwards of a few hours of moving a few inches!
For those who would say "that would make the game boring", not if you plan appropriately and avoid the jams! Adds a challenge!
ImageImage

Reinhard

#3 Post by Reinhard » 13 Dec 2018 22:44

erkinalp wrote:
13 Dec 2018 21:44
China is a vast country and a very large market.
erkinalp wrote:
13 Dec 2018 21:44
Preferably, this simulator should only be made available in countries that do recognise both Taiwan and PRC
These two sentences combined are the funniest political comment that I've read in this forum, ever.

So the only obstacle for SCS is to convince the People's Republic of China to recognize Taiwan? To let the rest of the world follow suit? Well yes, after the licences stuff is done, SCS should be qualified for that. Reeks of Nobel Peace Prize. :D

Okay, my strange humor put aside: this will not work. The People's Republic doesn't recognize Taiwan. Like most of the other countries of the world. Aside from that, China is a risky market. Plus SCS is really not very short of regions to cover first.

erkinalp

#4 Post by erkinalp » 20 Jan 2019 20:15

No, the joke is the game would be in Chinese but not available in Chinas.
Republic of Northern Macedonia recognises both IRL.

pigbrother

#5 Post by pigbrother » 22 Aug 2019 15:35

SCS already has a busy schedule with ET2 (at least 6 years of meaningful map expansions - Western Balkans, Iberia, Ireland + Iceland, Ukraine + Belarus and at least two in Russia) and more than 10 years for ATS. A new game is a bite I don't think they will take. On top of that and without any intended offence, Australia and South America are way more interesting than China.

angrybirdseller

#6 Post by angrybirdseller » 22 Aug 2019 15:40

Chinese truck simulator :lol. There street view images are fake and they may get touchy modeling certian areas. Brazil, Russia, Mexico, Australia are more interesting options to me.

KeganMinecraft

#7 Post by KeganMinecraft » 31 Dec 2019 21:38

why not an international truck simulator
Project South Plains Discordhttps://discord.gg/jSTxS4U
Original Forum viewtopic.php?f=194&t=256821
Private/Public Research Forum viewtopic.php?f=139&t=285359

''umad''

#8 Post by ''umad'' » 01 Jan 2020 03:01

It would be a political minefield for SCS but China sure has some interesting roads. I'm not bitter that we built a brutalist monstrosity of a suspension bridge to replace the through-arch Port Mann in Vancouver, while China opened the larger and through-arch Chaotianmen a few years earlier. Nope. Not at all.

angrybirdseller

#9 Post by angrybirdseller » 01 Jan 2020 06:44

Fake roads in China along with street views the Chinese politburo would have to approve the game before it sold lol

Cranlet

#10 Post by Cranlet » 01 Jan 2020 07:46

Asian truck sim with places like Japan, Taiwan, and Korea would be neat, but I think China is a long shot, even with mods. Unless something weird happens and China gets a whole lot more open and liberal and the country gets mapped accurately with a Street View-like service. I know a few Chinese map sites have psuedo-street view, but heavily censored and not entirely accurate.

Return to “Public research”