Hydrogen Fuel Cell

plykkegaard

Hydrogen Fuel Cell

#1 Post by plykkegaard » 18 Sep 2020 14:19

are we going to see Hydrogen Fuel Cell Trucks in the future
SCS added a teaser image from Daimler related to their new MB concept truck which made me think it could be a possibility

Will eActros be added to ETS2 in 2021?

[ external image ]

Quick view of various concept trucks or already existing truck which can be seen on the road

Hyundai

[ external image ]

Nikola

[ external image ]

Nikola partering with CNH

[ external image ]

Terberg Yard tractor

[ external image ]

Bison Transport will operate one of the Freightliner trucks equipped with hydrogen fuel cells

[ external image ]

Kenworth ZECT, test runs in Seattle

[ external image ]

Ford F-Vision

[ external image ]

And many more :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
parasaurolophus67

Re: Hydrogen Fuel Cell

#2 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 18 Sep 2020 14:21

ugly son of a guns. I say no.
SirVirgoTheMess

#3 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 18 Sep 2020 14:26

Ugly not-a-truck thing in the game?No thanks,i'd rather die than see this.
flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 18 Sep 2020 17:30

Actually that Iveco looks pretty sweet to me. Its not often I say that about Euro trucks. But that one I really like. I still won't drive it in ETS2 though unless I adapted one of Kriech's sounds to it. I hate truck that are just too quiet.
The Old Fart

#5 Post by The Old Fart » 18 Sep 2020 21:16

Ugly? Perhaps some are. You have to admit, that Ford is quite a slick piece of design work. Ford, make that in a 6x4 and I'll drive it!
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!
nater6540

#6 Post by nater6540 » 20 Sep 2022 15:16

While still on the topic of alternative fuels, what about compressed natural gas (CNG), and liquefied natural gas (LNG)? The fueling process for both is roughly similar to diesel, except in the case of LNG, there’s an extra step of venting off the boil-off gases generated as the LNG passively starts boiling, to equalize the pressure between the inside and outside of the tank, and in the case of CNG, the only added obstacle you have to deal with is high-pressure considering CNG is stored at anywhere from about 2400 up to 3600 psi depending on the design of the system. As far as I know, to get them to ignite in the case of CNG, it’s spark ignited like gasoline, and in the case of LNG, a small amount of diesel fuel is carried and used as a pilot fuel to raise combustion temperatures high enough to allow the LNG to burn (via injecting both the diesel and the LNG into the combustion chamber together then compressing the diesel to get it to explode, similar to a regular diesel engine, to allow the LNG to get hot enough to combust).

Return to “Public research”