[REWORK] Utah rework tips (originally pre-research)

flight50

Re: [REWORK] Utah rework tips (originally pre-research)

#81 Post by flight50 » 28 Nov 2021 13:46

I agree with @supersobes and @parasaurolophus67. That turn is a p.i.t.a. I despise that turn. I haul a lot of articulated HH and RMD and that turn puts me wayyy into oncoming traffic lanes. Luckily I don't get much traffic coming. But no turn would ever be like that in real life which is why real life doesn't have what ATS does. It seems like there is good space to rework this and add the radius turn though.
supersobes
Global moderator

#82 Post by supersobes » 06 Jan 2022 03:16

I've been driving Interstate 15 in Utah a lot recently. The work zone on the northbound lanes just before the Interstate 70 interchange has come to my attention several times. The work is being done on the right shoulder, and the speed limit drops to 55 MPH in this zone.

[ external image ]

This corresponds with a construction project that was being worked on IRL a few years ago. This stretch of road is a steep incline, so UDOT built a third lane to allow trucks that are climbing slowly to get out of the way of other traffic. The lane starts at mile 121 and ends at mile 125. The lane has been open for a while now, so the road work zone is no more. My suggestion is get rid of the work zone in-game since the work is done IRL. I don't think it's worthwhile to add the third lane since this hill is fairly short in-game. But I do think it's time for the work zone to go, and for the normal speed limit of 80 MPH to be restored to this stretch of highway.

Completed construction project IRL:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Travismods

#83 Post by Travismods » 16 Feb 2022 07:59

supersobes wrote: 06 Jan 2022 03:16 I've been driving Interstate 15 in Utah a lot recently. The work zone on the northbound lanes just before the Interstate 70 interchange has come to my attention several times. The work is being done on the right shoulder, and the speed limit drops to 55 MPH in this zone.

This corresponds with a construction project that was being worked on IRL a few years ago. This stretch of road is a steep incline, so UDOT built a third lane to allow trucks that are climbing slowly to get out of the way of other traffic. The lane starts at mile 121 and ends at mile 125. The lane has been open for a while now, so the road work zone is no more. My suggestion is get rid of the work zone in-game since the work is done IRL. I don't think it's worthwhile to add the third lane since this hill is fairly short in-game. But I do think it's time for the work zone to go, and for the normal speed limit of 80 MPH to be restored to this stretch of highway.

Completed construction project IRL:
You sure you posted the correct IRL location in streetview? It looks nothing like the pic in game. In game shows an upward slope in a forest area and those IRL pictures show a downwards slope in the desert with huge mountains, yet there are no mountains in the game pic. Are you sure its the same location because they look nothing alike.
Last edited by supersobes on 16 Feb 2022 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed images from quote [Forum rule 2.3]
supersobes
Global moderator

#84 Post by supersobes » 16 Feb 2022 14:32

Yes, I am sure it is the correct location. If you read what I wrote, the third lane is there to allow slow traffic climbing the hill to get out of the way of other traffic. I showed the start and end of the third lane, which naturally, would be before and after the hill. If you look at a place in between those points, it is an uphill climb:

[ external image ]

Return to “American Truck Simulator”