Air Compressor

Max
SCS Software

Re: Air Compressor

#21 Post by Max » 14 Sep 2017 03:44

and does it drop?
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Blackspots

#22 Post by Blackspots » 14 Sep 2017 15:43

Not while you hold the pedal, no. Not on a properly maintained system .
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Max
SCS Software

#23 Post by Max » 15 Sep 2017 09:40

and does it drop in game?
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Harven
Global moderator

#24 Post by Harven » 15 Sep 2017 11:41

Hey
I used to play with kb+mouse and sometimes it happened to me that I lost the pressure but I understand what was causing that. The longer you press the brake key on your keyboard it's like you would press the brake pedal harder and harder (until it's fully pressed). There is no way to brake gently like you would do with pedals. With pedals you can apply constant pressure on brakes and your truck will stop if you keep that contant pressure long enough (you will not lose your air pressure with time, only small amout at the beginning). You can't do that with keyboard. Either you press and hold the brake button until your truck stops (and that means you're pressing your virtual brake pedal to the metal - you woulnd't do that in RL) or you do quick and short taps (but with every tap you lose some amount of air pressure). So if you're playing with kb+mouse and you constantly have problem with your air pressure I would suggest to disable air brake simulation because with those controllers you can't simulate driver's behaviour properly.
P.S. The answer to Max's question is "no" ;)
room217au

#25 Post by room217au » 15 Sep 2017 11:50

Harven , it's called an engine brake or retarder :) I hardly touch the brake "pedal".
I've been using kb+mouse for ATS (and ETS2 since day #1) and I've never run out of air. (Yes, 'air brake simulation' is active)
Mind you, the game code was changed so that both foot-brake and throttle were interpolated (not linear curve) which made life easier for us.
The footbrake should not use any air until you release the pedal.
At the times when I get home from interstate drive after midnight, I hold the brake pedal on the floor then apply maxi brakes, then s-l-o-w-l-y ease my foot off the brake pedal. This avoids the violent "whoosh" of air under maxis.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
Harven
Global moderator

#26 Post by Harven » 15 Sep 2017 12:36

Room217au, don't know what you mean :) We are talking here about air pressure lose which happens when OP is manuvering while trying to park the trailer. In this situation you will not brake with retarder or jake brake. The brake curve doesn't change the thing that when you press and hold brake key you actually are pressing your virtual brake pedal to the floor and that you can't apply constant pressure on your virtual brake pedal. It's easy to see in trucks with brake application gauges. With kb you can't make the arrow to stay still anywere between min and max.
Blackspots

#27 Post by Blackspots » 16 Sep 2017 03:00

Max wrote: 15 Sep 2017 09:40 and does it drop in game?
No, I haven't seen it drop in game while holding the brake. But then again, I use a gamepad (Logitech F310)
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Return to “American Truck Simulator”