Is it possible to apply for beta?

CrazyGijs

Re: Is it possible to apply for beta?

#11 Post by CrazyGijs » 26 May 2015 16:36

Flemming V wrote:Write direct to SCS and tell them about yourself and why you think that your the one, they are missing. ;)
Thanks Flemming :) It helped a lot as you can see ;)
[ external image ]

Intel Core i5 9600k, Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F, 16GB 3000 Mhz Corsair RAM, ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2070 Super OC 8GB, Logitech G502, Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base & pedals LC + P1 rim, Driving Force Shifter + DIY Scania SKRS.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#12 Post by Flemming V » 26 May 2015 16:39

Cool, welcome here. Nice to see you made it.. ;)
Dr doom

#13 Post by Dr doom » 18 Jun 2015 11:18

MinecraftMarioGuy53 wrote: I'd say it would be a pleasure! :P
I think your right!

Ps: how did you become a global moderator minecraftmarioguy53?
HarvS

Re: American Truck Simulator - A feature that IS needed!

#14 Post by HarvS » 06 Jul 2015 15:07

How can i join the beta testing? :)
Last edited by Deemer on 06 Jul 2015 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged.
Former Admin,Support,Moderator at TruckersMP Network.
Assetto Corsa addict.
Dr doom

#15 Post by Dr doom » 11 Jul 2015 03:57

If you want to become a beta tester for ATS, you have to be a ETS2 beta tester for a long time, in order to become a ETS2 beta tester, the best way is to give scs software an e-mail telling a bit about yourself and why you want to become a beta tester.

Source: Flemming V for the information on how to become a beta tester.
Axel Slingerland

#16 Post by Axel Slingerland » 11 Jul 2015 10:14

Reef wrote:@MinecraftMarioGuy53 @thebigbadonion guys if you want to be hated by the majority of the community, told by some members that you should no longer have and form your own opinions, have nearly every word you post taken the wrong way, then we can do that for you with your name still in white, it doesn't need to be green, and the only difference would be is you disapproving spam posts and reminding people constantly of the rules they agreed to when they created their account (and then taking flak as if that is then your fault) every time you log-in ;)
So I have read this post a dozen times (and the ones in This thread too) and I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm sorry, I can't help it. I have to or I wouldn't consider myself to be a member of this community. And I am not just referring to you, Reef, but several of you have expressed similar feelings.

If you guys are that burned out on being Moderators, why don't you step back and take a break? If you seriously are tired of doing it, you need to stop for your own sanity. I had to put up with all that and more when I was the resident Administrator at PC Pitstop, and over time it was really starting to bug me. When I got totally fed up with it, I stopped doing it. But in the process I helped a lot of people and made a lot of friends. Some of whom I am still in contact with and I left PC Pitstop ten years ago. And that is what I signed up for... Remember, there's more to being a Moderator (or an Administrator for that matter) than reminding people of the rules.

I seriously don't think you are hated by a majority of the community, but rather a very small group of people who I don't even consider to be part of the community yet. In my opinion, you have to earn that. New members who don't follow the rules are not part of the community.

To be part of the community you need to participate in it the way most of us do. You have to follow the rules, respect all members (even those who don't deserve it), and after you learn how to do something, you help someone else learn how to do it. When I first came here, I knew nothing about ETS2, and you, Cadde, Ohaha, and several other people answered my questions and taught me what I needed to know. And now, I pass it along whenever I can.

That is how the ETS2 community grows. Some people who pop in don't read or care about the rules. They just stopped in to post their opinions about how they think ETS2 should be "fixed", without bothering to see if their idea has ever been suggested before, and then leave, never to return. Or they might ask for some kind of help, get it and leave, also never to return... These people are just visitors. They are not part of the community, nor do they want to be. And whether they got what they came for or not, they left.

The community are the people who stay, whether they are learning or teaching or just hanging out with the friends they've made here. They stay because they like the game, they like the players, and the more they learn, the more they pass on to new members who clearly want to stay and do the same things the rest of us do.

What I am driving at, is that if the new members who are a pain in the petunias at just about every forum known to man are getting to you, step back and take a breather. Don't let them get to you. They are not part of the community.

As far as you guys being hated by the majority of the community, make a poll and ask them. I seriously don't think that the people who actually are the majority of the community hate any of you.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “American Truck Simulator”