Motorsport Haulage & Tracks

Centrino2

Motorsport Haulage & Tracks

#1 Post by Centrino2 » 30 Jul 2015 08:15

In the world of motorsports, fast, light racecars need big, heavy, rigs. Here in America you got the 43 cars of NASCAR (and it's many other series), INDYCAR (Not to sure about some of the info on that site, and I don't really know how many cars are in Indycar (and this is my favorite series)), and the many different leagues of the IMSA, and NHRA (site is working now, but link limit reached)..... oh yeah, Formula 1 (can't find any American Formula 1 hauler pics)

What to all of their cars, tires, and equipment need?
Trucks: [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Don't forget the company trucks for the tire suppliers:
[ external image ]

And of course there needs to be fuel as well.
[ external image ]

So motorsport haulers should really be in ATS.

And since it's a completely almost brand new map, why not add some famous racetrack locations. Although there could be a problem with just using the racetrack's name for the location even though the actual racetrack is not in the game (not sure), so like how Project Cars named Monaco, Azure Coast, SCS could just make up names for these tracks if they are ever included. Although they have been renamed by their sponsors, although that only lasts for so long.

Below are just tracks that are on the current schedules of above racing bodies.
California:
Laguna Seca in Salinas
Fontana Raceway in ..... Fontana (site of a crazy Indycar race)
(Temporary street course) Long Beach in.... Long Beach (Formula 1 used to race here before the track layout was changed up)
Sonoma Raceway in the mountains of.... Sonoma
Willow Springs International Motorsports Park (nearly forgot this) in Rosamond (don't think any of the mentioned racing leagues are racing at this track, but it is well known)
Thunderhill Raceway in..... Willows..... strange state eh? (home of the NASA 25 hours of Thunderhill) (National Auto Sport Association)
(there are many more but these are well known)

Nevada:
Las Vegas Motor Speedway in, whereelse? Las Vegas
........ errr...... (what? no more? no way)...... (searching.....)
Spring Mountain Motorsports, 55 miles west of Las Vegas strip (might be too close, no mentioned race series race there but apparently Radicals race there and looks like a cool track)
Top Gun Raceway in Fallon (NHRA tears it up there)
(wow, not many racing series go to Nevada)

Here is a link for mentioned racetrack locations: Google Maps
[ external image ]
Was going to do Seattle next (if any of the series race there), but maybe at a later time. But then again, the racing organizations sites and schedules are linked above for more racetrack locations.

Hopefully for ETS3 , we can see some race track locations (Formula 1, FIA WEC, FIA GT1), or whatever SCS plans to do to the map later on.

......... Rallies..... completely forgot about rally tracks..... don't know of any yet.
Last edited by Centrino2 on 30 Jul 2015 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: NHRA site is now working but link limit reached
S7R4N63R

Re: Motorsport Haulage & Tracks

#2 Post by S7R4N63R » 30 Jul 2015 08:36

Great idea :idea: ! :)
TruckSimChris

#3 Post by TruckSimChris » 30 Jul 2015 09:23

I love all 5 series you mentioned. And I totally agree, race car trailers would be an awesome addition! :D :D

In my opinion, this sounds like a better idea for ATS2 (if there ever will be a sequel). Fun idea nonetheless. ;)

(FYI, I live near Seattle, and only the NHRA races in Washington. Unlike me, I don't think Washingtonians give a s--t about auto racing. :( )
Smarty
Beta tester

#4 Post by Smarty » 30 Jul 2015 17:26

This would be pretty cool, especially if it could be scripted so that a 'quick job' involving a motorsports cargo spawns a matching truck and trailer.
Dr doom

#5 Post by Dr doom » 02 Aug 2015 10:58

We need that in ATS!!! Great idea!!!!
Centrino2

#6 Post by Centrino2 » 17 Apr 2016 19:04

Remember Long Beach CA?
Well as of a few days ago, the streets of Long Beach CA have been taken over by the racers and teams of IMSA, INDYCAR, Stadium Stunt Trucks, and Pirelli World Challenge, and there is plenty of carnage. :twisted:
TruckSimChris

#7 Post by TruckSimChris » 18 Apr 2016 06:27

Three weeks actually. Formula E two weeks ago and Formula D (drifting) last weekend. Formula E uses a shorter version of the GP track and the drift competition uses only turns 9-11.

Long Beach has definitely turned into a nearly monthlong festival of auto racing in the last few years. ;)
Centrino2

#8 Post by Centrino2 » 12 May 2016 07:27

Just wow:

(yes very very very long video race starts at about 45 min) These guys as far as I know have wrecked out harder than the guys at the 24 hours of Daytona and 12 hours of Bathurst in a way shorter amount of time, and Bathurst gets almost street course tight in the mountain area. And these Dubai racers are saying last year was way more chaotic.... yep... that is next on my watch list. :twisted:

I am not a fan of a virtual safety car but I thought for this massive field it was needed.... but err.... Bathurst and Daytona still use the safety cars and they have not wrecked out as often as these guys even with the virtual safety car.... and then the way they pit and how the pit crew is dressed... well... not dressed.... very odd for something so high level.

Boy... what can't you find on YouTube? Of course these are endurance races so.... yeah..... very long videos

Bathurst Daytona: I gotta say compared to Daytona and Bathurst, the coverage of Dubai (and its wrecks) is not very good.
TruckSimChris

#9 Post by TruckSimChris » 14 May 2016 09:07

Can't talk about GT3 racing without mentioning lots of wrecks. At least half of the field is required to be amateurs, including old rich guys (aka "gentlemen" drivers) buying some of the rides. :lol:
Centrino2

#10 Post by Centrino2 » 30 Sep 2018 22:23

Well... NASCAR decided to take legendary Charlotte oval and turn it into a road course... end result... one of the wildest races yet.

They did it right today. Doesn't need to be on an oval to make it wild, it needs to be on a roval.

Ghost edit:

This link is from when it was live, so no idea what it will look like later on

Gotta like tehm NASCAR bois, and there is talk of NASCAR racing on the streets in the future, but the camera is showing some of the light in a terrible way

Return to “American Truck Simulator”