Can I be a Beta or Alpha Tester for American Truck Simulator

joe_alker
Global moderator

Re: How do I become a beta tester?

#11 Post by joe_alker » 13 Dec 2013 17:13

Axel Slingerland wrote:So you know what that means!
BUY EXTRA COPIES OF ETS2 AND GIVE THEM TO YOUR FRIENDS :lol:

Akr0n

#12 Post by Akr0n » 30 Mar 2015 19:50

Can I become an ATS beta tester in some ways? I'm a ETS2 player since 2013 :)

legress

#13 Post by legress » 05 Jul 2015 09:25

Hello!
What I have to do to become beta tester (ATS)? Play in ETS2 since 2012.
I am from Ukraine. I can help with translation on russian and ukrainian languages.
I have almost all DLC's for ETS2.

jarvik79

#14 Post by jarvik79 » 05 Jul 2015 13:00

How can I get a free early copy of ATS? Please? Pretty please? Promise I'll test it!

(also known as: not going to happen unless you've been a trusted inner circle beta tester for SCS on other products for several years.)

thebigbadonion

#15 Post by thebigbadonion » 05 Jul 2015 14:28

I really dont think asking to just test ATS gives SCS that good of an impression either, it just sounds like you want to play an unreleased game early, rather than help with development. Which is why you should be asking to test for them. ATS beta testers are generally chosen from existing ETS 2 testers. All the guys I know who are ATS beta testers have either been ETS beta testers for a long time, or been active around the community in other ways for a long time. SCS aren't going to just let anyone they don't know test an unreleased game. Try emailing them, or sending a PM to one of them scs staff on here to get in to the beta tester team. But don't expect to be testing ATS any time soon.

johannesluebke

Can I be a Beta or Alpha Tester for American Truck Simulator

#16 Post by johannesluebke » 12 Aug 2015 22:35

Hello,
i want to be a Beta or Alpha Tetser with a frien. Can anyone send me a message? Thank you!

jarvik79

Re: Can I be a Beta or Alpha Tester for American Truck Simul

#17 Post by jarvik79 » 13 Aug 2015 06:36

I'm certain a lot of people want early access and a free copy of ATS.
I personally want a Ferrari 488, but without being a celebrity movie star and in the news ever week, and most likely have bought several other models in the past, Ferrari are not likely to just give me one free.
Moral of that example, prove WHY you should be a beta tester, including evidence of the several months/years of being a trusted tester in SCS's other already established games, and they might think about it.

joe_alker
Global moderator

#18 Post by joe_alker » 13 Aug 2015 08:23

One of the key skills of being a beta tester is being able to proofread your posts for spelling and grammatical errors.

Also, there is no point sending you a message as you only have one post and you cannot send PMs until you have 5 and therefore you cannot reply to SCS, even in the unlikely event that they did contact you. This leads me onto my next point:

You haven't exactly come on this forum to participate in discussions have you, only to ask to be a beta tester. How do SCS know you can be trusted not to leak information, hmm? Especially on an unreleased game. I have been a tester for almost a year but only for ETS2, I haven't been anywhere near ATS and won't likely be until release. Admittedly I'm not the most active of testers, but that's not the point. You need to be trustworthy. I'd made several hundred posts on here before I became a tester, because generally I was trusted in the community (That might be true, I'd like to think so, but it might not be).

TL:DR making your first post on here asking to be a tester isn't going to get you anywhere.

/locked

Reef
Beta tester

#19 Post by Reef » 13 Aug 2015 09:52

Unlocked! As there was no valid reason for it to have been locked in the first place!

ATS Beta testers are invited by SCS only.

There is a process that must be adhered too.

1) Be a regular contributing member of this forum/community
2) Submit bug reports in the appropriate and documented manner (as a regular member)
3) Take part in the Public Beta builds that are available through Steam
4) See the Public Beta builds as a way of helping SCS fine tune and fix errors, and to hone your investigative and observational skills
5) After a suitable proofing period then and only then apply to be an ETS2 Beta tester via PM to Michal (Admin) but please also bear in mind he is very busy
6) Then after many many months of helping and developing a relationship with the SCS devs they MAY, they just may, invite you to Beta test ATS or other not yet released works like DLCs and such

hth.

joe_alker
Global moderator

#20 Post by joe_alker » 13 Aug 2015 10:01

Reef wrote:Unlocked! As there was no valid reason for it to have been locked in the first place!
Sorry about that, my bad :oops:

Return to “American Truck Simulator”