Can I be a Beta or Alpha Tester for American Truck Simulator

Axel Slingerland

Re: Can I be a Beta or Alpha Tester for American Truck Simul

#31 Post by Axel Slingerland » 16 Aug 2015 08:11

And who's to say that SCS didn't ask someone they wanted as a beta tester that doesn't have anything to do with the forum, YouTube, or anything else that the rest of us are familiar with? I knew some people up in Washington that were game developers who had their friends and relatives do all the beta testing.
You can call me Ax

SimulatorSam

#32 Post by SimulatorSam » 16 Aug 2015 08:43

I just want to say a couple of things...
Dr doom wrote:This is because some of your points/steps where wrong
How on Earth can you say that? Reef being an ETS2 AND ATS beta tester (Oh, and GM ofc), he knows what he's talking about.
Dr doom wrote:there are beta testers who don't even have 1 post on this forum
Do you want to know why? Those members have been invited by SCS, and being a beta tester, you obvisouly report bugs on the QA. They're accounts are only created so SCS and keep track of who's who.
Dr doom wrote:you do not PM the admin, you email SCS Software Support
Umm, no you do not, you do what Reef said, which is to PM Michal. I actually, (Being an idiot) E-Mailed SCS Support. Let's just say if I didn't PM Michal afterwards, I would have to have waited a very long time... :geek: (By that I mean, never)

I really didn't want to go into this one, but I agree,
jarvik79 wrote:Keep calm when asking people for more information about a bug
Example:
Dr doom wrote:JUST TELL ME THE FULL COORDINATES!!!!
Is that really needed?

Cadde

#33 Post by Cadde » 16 Aug 2015 12:33

Calm down please.

The OP surely knows by now what he should and shouldn't do.
On extended hiatus.

caner

Ats Tester

#34 Post by caner » 24 Jan 2016 14:39

Hello everybody.I ask question for all forum users.Can I be a American Truck Simulator Beta Tester.
Last edited by ohaha on 24 Jan 2016 18:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged. Search before posting new topics.

TexasWhirlwind

Re: Can I be a Beta or Alpha Tester for American Truck Simulator

#35 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 16 Dec 2018 01:12

I would love to be a beta tester myself. I am a retired truck driver and I have lots of free time to test ATS out.

TW
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-

Mohegan13
Global moderator

#36 Post by Mohegan13 » 16 Jan 2019 13:13

Cursed topic. As far as I can tell, only one person who has posted in it ever became a tester after posting in it (and promptly disappeared). :P

Run away!
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

Danculovic012

#37 Post by Danculovic012 » 16 Jan 2019 16:16

Im really new here, and im interested about how to became a BETA tester, i know that i need to know some basics of how to report BUG, finding sector or exact coordinates.

But how i can apply, do i need to live in Prague or i can do it from my home, im really interested in that, i have about 2800 hours in game and im also map developer for Project Balkans, so im not without any experience with game log or something similar.

HaQ
Beta tester

#38 Post by HaQ » 16 Jan 2019 16:36

Image Image

rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#39 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 16 Jan 2019 18:15

so like... back around when ETS2 was warming up. before i was even a trucker when i was in college. after i found out about the SCS Forum and made a few research topics, they can be found... somewhere around here, my early work. i emailed SCS Support before i even knew there were beta testers to be had

i just explained my interests, what i was good at, my background and such and i was plopped on the team nearly instantly. i was pretty much just a fan boi whos been playing the games since i was a kid. on the outside i tried to remain cool and professional but on the inside i was screaming like i won the lottery

i get paid to travel and drive a truck. i get to help SCS make an amazing product. these games ETS2 and ATS have since with their updates exceeded my childhood expectations of what these games can become snd SCS wants to keep pushing the bar higher. i am fully on board and will critise and critique without mercy to help SCS achieve this goal [i have been both right and wrong in my criticisms by the way. but thats ok, im still learning too]

i made this blog about my first few months on the job as an actual trucker. its around here somewhere if anyone wants to go hunt for it. and that is how i got in to the prerelease "alpha" of ATS (the one with the Volvo, i was one of the first to drive the VNL 8-) ) and i had to pretty much go crazy with reporting and discussions in the final months before release to get the first version of ATS looking American enough not to anger a whole side of the community, seriously it had so many errors

anyways thats the quick version of my story and i probably went off topic, bye
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

Return to “American Truck Simulator”