Utah State Research Topic

TruckSim_dude

Re: Utah State Research Topic

#11 Post by TruckSim_dude » 08 Aug 2017 01:50

I would consider adding the NV-319 / UT-56 system, running from Panaca to Cedar City, as a means to get to Utah (namely St. George, or Cedar City if they add it) from Pioche or Ely without having to go through Las Vegas. (I know I have research in here that's technically in Nevada, but this route is most likely only going to be added as a connection road in the Utah DLC; also, there a lot of pictures, so this might be long)
[ external image ]
A map of the entire route.
[ external image ]
Here's the start of the Nevada 319, branching off from the US-93 a few miles west of Panaca. In-game the turn-off should be just south of Pioche, about halfway to "Mazany Creek."
[ external image ]
The road layout for the town of Panaca. On the 1:20 scale it would be right next to the turnoff, and, if it can be fitted in, awfully small. A few prefabs and blocked-off roads branching off the NV-319 may be all that ends up representing Panaca.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
When driving on the NV-319, you will have to drive through some mountains (yes, they are forested).
[ external image ]
The Nevada-Utah border, where the road becomes the Utah 56.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
These are pictures of the UT-56 in Beryl Junction, Utah. After crossing into Utah, you will drive through a lot of desert before it finally gives way to an agrarian landscape (similar to in-game El Centro) near the town; after leaving the town, it returns to desert. The second picture depicts the intersection between the UT-56 (left) and UT-18 (right, most likely to be blocked off).
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Before arriving in Cedar City, you'll have to go through a mountain pass, with less greenery than the mountains on the NV-319.
[ external image ]
Finally, the I-15 south entrance from the UT-56 in Cedar City. The UT-56 goes a few more miles into Cedar City before ending near the end of town, though I can say it would be sufficient to end it at the I-15 entrance.

I hope this extensive, and probably overly detailed, review of the NV-319 / UT-56 helps with your research. All of the pictures are at http://imgur.com/a/gimm5 for reference.
angrybirdseller

#12 Post by angrybirdseller » 13 Aug 2017 09:23

Actually, bypass of St George and Las Vegas would be nice with that route going to Arizona. NV 319 and UT 56 to connect at cedar city would be good idea. Lived in Utah for almost 10 years and similar to Nevada with exception of vice lol😮.
Dukman

#13 Post by Dukman » 07 Sep 2017 16:53

The I-80 and i-15 pictures. I've literally driven hundreds of thousands of miles on those freeways. The only freeway in the state that I've not traveled much on is I-70, never had much need to take it.

Another consideration if and when linking to other states (like Arizona) is the RT-20 bypass from I-15 to Hwy 89 through Page AZ. Lots of trucks taking that to get to Flagstaff, Phoenix and beyond.
Vinnie Terranova

#14 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 12 Nov 2018 21:00

I absolutely like to have UT-9 through Zion National Park, although it is restricted for trucks.
rbsanford

#15 Post by rbsanford » 12 Nov 2018 23:21

I don't see why that couldn't be made like Tioga Pass. Canyonlands and Arches would be awesome as well, probably represented as spurs like Crater Lake and Montezuma's Castle.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Blackspots

#16 Post by Blackspots » 13 Nov 2018 00:55

This needs to be merged into the official topic started by Kraake
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
PW4056

#17 Post by PW4056 » 13 Nov 2018 04:09

I don't know if this helps, but here's a run I did starting from I-15 on the south side of Salt Lake City and continuing on towards I-80 going east.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_EVw_V_Bgo

I do believe this is a mountain just outside of Salt Lake City to the east. I know this is I-80.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCnz5BIKVyI
Captain Kevin
[ external image ]
Kraake
SCS Software

#18 Post by Kraake » 28 Nov 2018 14:55

ShirBlackspots wrote: 13 Nov 2018 00:55 This needs to be merged into the official topic started by Kraake
It's linked in the first post of the Utah pre-research thread. Thanks!
flight50

#19 Post by flight50 » 04 Dec 2018 03:37

Dave does some things differently so it's best he does his own thing. As long a SCS sees his research, I am sure they are good. Not only is he a beta tester but he is also a real life trucker so he sees a lot that we don't. I am sure he don't want our post messing with his mojo, lol.
Kraake
SCS Software

#20 Post by Kraake » 04 Dec 2018 09:52

Of course we are watching [ external image ]

Return to “American Truck Simulator”