[SPLIT] Double Trailers (Turnpike doubles)

Sanguinem Luna

[SPLIT] Double Trailers (Turnpike doubles)

#1 Post by Sanguinem Luna » 19 Aug 2017 18:20

Mod notice: Topic was split from: viewtopic.php?f=139&t=136887

I know this topic is really old, and I'm hoping that since Doubles/Triples are a thing in ATS now, I won't be cited for "bumping an old thread" (please don't hurt me! :P ), but it would be really nice to see Turnpike Doubles get added, for Nevada at least right now, since they're legal there. But, the issue we run into for TPD's (Turnpike Doubles) is that 99% of company lots are not large enough to fit them, since SCS decided to use ETS2 prefabs in California, Nevada, and parts of Arizona, instead of making brand new, American style prefabs..... Which means SCS would have to go back and make new prefabs to use in those states that are designed for those combos or just more American style/sized in general.

I'm using a mod on the Steam Workshop right now for Turnpike Doubles (made to be TruckersMP compatible until the new rule they made, made them currently illegal). But, since they were made to be TMP compatible, the dolly is incorrect since the only dolly SCS added was a one axle instead of two axle.
[ external image ]

I also found this image which is showing TPDs as legal in other states too. Like, Arizona, which we currently have.
[ external image ]

So, I'm really hoping that SCS can find the time to build new prefabs for Nevada, California, and Arizona, to replace the ETS2 prefabs they used so we can actually fit these LCVs and so we can have things like TPDs.
Last edited by Sanguinem Luna on 22 Nov 2018 09:16, edited 5 times in total.
pigbrother

[SPLIT] Double Trailers

#2 Post by pigbrother » 19 Aug 2017 18:31

Last edited by pigbrother on 19 Aug 2017 18:35, edited 2 times in total.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Cadde

Re: Double Trailers

#3 Post by Cadde » 19 Aug 2017 18:33

Actually, it's not a bad bump per se. BUT it would make more sense to have it as a separate thread as it makes users see the immediate discussion value.
On extended hiatus.
Sanguinem Luna

Re: Double Trailers

#4 Post by Sanguinem Luna » 20 Aug 2017 21:06

^^ I looked everywhere trying to find a map that showed allowed states for TPDs. All I could find was the one I found. I'm glad your Google Fu was better than mine, lol. Always happy to be corrected as I learn more that way. So, not Arizona or Nevada.. Hmm. Parts of Colorado, New York, Michigan (Or Ohio, not sure), North and South Dakota, Montana, Florida, Oklahoma and one other state I don't recall the name of. So, it will probably be a while before we reach TPD states... Dang. But, I also feel like USDOT has all these weird and obscure regulations that would allow them elsewhere too. Which would make things complicated and ugh.... I applaud SCS for taking the time to figure out USDOT regs to make ATS as realistic as they can.

^ Yeah, I can understand that. I'm hardly over here on the Forums for SCS so I wasn't too sure what would've been better, but your mention of "separate thread as it makes users see the immediate discussion value" makes a lot more sense than bumping a three year old thread.... Thanks.
Cadde

Re: Re: Double Trailers (Turnpike doubles)

#5 Post by Cadde » 20 Aug 2017 23:25

Well, in that case.

Topic split.
On extended hiatus.
Sanguinem Luna

#6 Post by Sanguinem Luna » 21 Aug 2017 00:32

Lol, I came back here, refreshed the page and noticed something was off... I was really confused there for a second. Thank you, Cadde. Hopefully others will see this and voice their opinions about TPDs and give some feedback for SCS on them and the current size problem with LCVs and the ETS2 prefabs in ATS.
LeafeonGold

#7 Post by LeafeonGold » 21 Aug 2017 02:21

SCS has two axle dollies in the base game, use "/def/vehicle/trailer/convertor_dolly/chassis_2.sii" and add an extra wheel to the trailer def. It's in use at the end of this very illegal road train here.

[ external image ]
"Don't try extra hard to make your presence known, but make sure your absence is noticed."

Intel I7-4790K |//| EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW |//| 32GB RAM
Workshop |//| ATS Screens |//| ETS2 Screens
Sanguinem Luna

#8 Post by Sanguinem Luna » 21 Aug 2017 06:54

Ah. That's actually great to know. I've only ever seen the one axle dolly. Must be something they have in for future LCVs then? Anyhow, that means that the mod I'm using could actually be realistic then. I'll pass that info on the Mod Author then. Thank you.
Max
SCS Software

Re: [SPLIT] Double Trailers (Turnpike doubles)

#9 Post by Max » 21 Aug 2017 16:20

yeah, the 2-axle dolly is prepared for turnpikes .. :)
we made all components as is easier together. enjoy.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Sanguinem Luna

Re: [SPLIT] Double Trailers (Turnpike doubles)

#10 Post by Sanguinem Luna » 21 Aug 2017 18:08

TPDs confirmed for later States?? Cautiously optimistic :D

Return to “American Truck Simulator”