[REWORK] Washington rework tips (originally pre-research)

joschac2

Re: Washington pre-research tips

#101 Post by joschac2 » 30 Jan 2019 12:49

@NWbyNW check that playlist again its not available
NWbyNW

#102 Post by NWbyNW » 05 Feb 2019 00:41

Aye, it has been fixed. Thanks.
BJWyler

#103 Post by BJWyler » 20 Feb 2019 12:04

I know this may be a little late, but the area in and around Walla Walla is big on vineyards and wineries. There's one in particular that seems to be a bit popular with people I know named Bergevin-Lane Winery. 😉
NWbyNW

#104 Post by NWbyNW » 17 Mar 2019 00:54

Really from Yakima to Walla Walla there are wineries all throughout including now around Wenatchee! Washington State is the second biggest quality wine producer in the United States and the largest hop producer for beer thanks to the Yakima region.
coring

#105 Post by coring » 02 Apr 2019 23:30

There's the 9/11 World Trade Center Memorial Monument that would be a fine addition to the Tri-Cities area (Kennewick, Pasco, Richland) off of I-82.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_ ... ml#MAPVIEW
JohnnyBoythePilot

#106 Post by JohnnyBoythePilot » 22 Apr 2019 00:03

Here's a cool thing that happened last year: A B-52 bomber was transported via oversized load/semi-truck from Paine Field in Everett, WA to the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field in Seattle, WA. Although it's a one-off kind of load and isn't a recurring type of cargo, it would still be a pretty cool ST DLC load for WA in ATS. :)
Main passion is aviation/flying but I also love trucks.
Cascade Trucking Story Thread
4-29-19 Entry: Expansion Map/Plans
rbsanford

#107 Post by rbsanford » 22 Apr 2019 02:52

No way, they have a B-52 now? Those things are so awesome, I'll need to go back there and see it someday.

I see it was going to the Aviation Pavilion, but I can't see it on Maps or on the museum's map. The Pavilion would make for some neat scenery, though, as it features some other strategic bombers, as well as some more gentle planes, overlooking the adjacent road.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
GT182

#108 Post by GT182 » 23 Apr 2019 01:33

I've got a real Mig-23 here I could lend them. Plus an L-39 Reno racer that won back in 2005 and 2006 in the Reno Jet Class Races. Topped out at 545 mph. The fastest l-39 in the world. And it's the 5th one built.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
JohnnyBoythePilot

#109 Post by JohnnyBoythePilot » 23 Apr 2019 13:48

Is it this L-39 Albatross? "Pip Squeak", and it seems like it was banned from the air races for being too fast, along with 2 of it's stable-mate racers, L-29 "Vipers" (I guess they weren't stock/were tricked out and modified?). But that's pretty cool. And a MiG-23, huh? Wow.
JohnnyBoythePilot

#110 Post by JohnnyBoythePilot » 23 Apr 2019 14:00

rbsanford wrote: 22 Apr 2019 02:52 No way, they have a B-52 now? Those things are so awesome, I'll need to go back there and see it someday.

I see it was going to the Aviation Pavilion, but I can't see it on Maps or on the museum's map. The Pavilion would make for some neat scenery, though, as it features some other strategic bombers, as well as some more gentle planes, overlooking the adjacent road.
Yep, they've got a B-52 now. That B-52 was sitting in the grass field next to where the new passenger terminal is at Paine Field for about 23 years and I guess they finally moved it out of the grass, restored & repainted it on the spot, and then transported it to Seattle. Funny thing is I didn't actually know about this when it happened and barely found out about it over the weekend when I was researching Paine Field and that B-52 sitting their for an airport scenery project I was doing for my flight simulator (FSX). But the last time I was there at the Museum of Flight, they never had the giant hangar/roof outside for all the planes to sit under. Everything outside of the museum itself was sitting out in the open and faced the rain (and most likely corrosion), which is great they put up the roof cover so people can see the planes out their rain or shine, and the planes weren't exposed to the corrosive rain anymore.They were also still restoring that B-29 bomber (it was wrapped in a white plastic cover or protective vinyl when I saw it a few years ago), and they also didn't have a B-17 or a B-47 when I went there. I lot has changed by the looks of it so I might have to go back their once again as well. The Museum of Flight would be an AWESOME addition to ATS, and with SCS possibly adding a fictional version of Boeing in the game, we may be able to drive to Boeing Field, Renton Airport, and Paine Field. Actually one of the teasers they showed for WA not to long ago was a delivery dock/depot at Boeing's Everett Factory.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”