[REWORK] Washington rework tips (originally pre-research)

Kraake
SCS Software

[REWORK] Washington rework tips (originally pre-research)

#1 Post by Kraake » 12 Nov 2018 18:21

Hello everybody!

As we're doing some pre-research for ATS, we'd like to know your opinion on some of the things which we shouldn't miss in the game in our future planned DLCs - in this case for the WASHINGTON state.

Unfortunately it can be very easy to miss some key spots when planning a future road network. We can judge only from what we read or see, while those who live there, have driven there or visited there, can point us towards some famous truck stops, interesting landmark, points of interest etc.

So we'd appreciate any tips which could be helpful for us and that could easily work with in-game mechanics. Try to keep in mind that we're interested in places connected with trucks and roads. So if you have some tips, we'd be grateful. Don't be shy to add photos / videos of said locations (in better quality, so our graphics can use them as pattern).

For example :arrow: THIS was a really great job.

In case you would like to also help us with other states check the list bellow:

COLORADO | IDAHO | MONTANA | OKLAHOMA | TEXAS | UTAH | WYOMING

Please be aware, that states listed here mean absolutely no promise of what's the next DLC or what states will come first. Also we can't guarantee that we'll use the research you give us - it depends on many aspects (which can't be all written here).

Cheers!

___________________________________________________________________________________

[ external image ] Washington researches done so far:

:arrow: Washington research thread by NWbyNW | Washington research thread by NWbyNW on Steam

:arrow: Washington state road signage thread by Supersobes
Last edited by Kraake on 28 Nov 2018 13:33, edited 5 times in total.
supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Washington pre-research tips

#2 Post by supersobes » 12 Nov 2018 19:56

I created this thread about the road signage in Washington state. Hopefully it will be helpful to SCS. :)
rbsanford

#3 Post by rbsanford » 12 Nov 2018 20:19

The Boeing plant near Everett is a must, probably even with some new special transport routes and cargo involving it, like aircraft fuselages and parts.

US 2 crosses the Cascades via Stevens Pass, which contains some incredible scenery.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
supersobes
Global moderator

#4 Post by supersobes » 12 Nov 2018 20:34

Washington State Route 14 (WA-14) Is a pretty important route. It runs parallel to I-84 along the North bank of the Columbia river and has a major junction with I-5 and I-205 in Vancouver, WA. Some more major junctions are with US-97 near Biggs Junction, OR and US-197 near The Dalles, Oregon. Here is a video of WA-14 West near the US-97 junction. Warning: the video contains a semi truck accident and strong language! I would suggest muting the audio if you do not want to hear it. Do not watch past 5:50 in the video if you do not want to see the semi truck accident.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
doktorpixel14

#5 Post by doktorpixel14 » 12 Nov 2018 20:53

I hope to see a small Twin Peaks easteregg :)

But I think that the industries will be similar to Oregon with some forestry, farms and maritime facilities.
It would also be cool if you could introduce an Amazon parody. They have their headquarters in Seattle and various warehouses all over the US, so the company could be expanded in future DLCs too.
I talked to Pavel - don't have questions anymore ... 8-)

Admin of the Truck Simulator Wiki and translator, as well as part of the FSG 1:1 map team

Interactive ETS2 wiki map with cities, ferry lines and achievements
rbsanford

#6 Post by rbsanford » 12 Nov 2018 21:13

Courier and parcel/mail delivery industries like that would be very welcome. There could also be a parody of UPS, FedEx, and/or the USPS, although not necessarily introduced in Washington.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Sounderfan84

#7 Post by Sounderfan84 » 13 Nov 2018 00:06

The Space needle is a must not miss item in downtown Seattle.
flight50

#8 Post by flight50 » 13 Nov 2018 00:54

Someone started Washington Mar of 2016. Please use this link for additional information. Or merge the link with this thread to keep it together.
angrybirdseller

#9 Post by angrybirdseller » 13 Nov 2018 00:59

Apples orchards and growing Onions done in Washington state Yakima and Walla Walla.

Columbia River crossing along I-90 😎drive along edge of the hill.
Hiro

#10 Post by Hiro » 13 Nov 2018 01:16

doktorpixel14 wrote: 12 Nov 2018 20:53 It would also be cool if you could introduce an Amazon parody. They have their headquarters in Seattle and various warehouses all over the US, so the company could be expanded in future DLCs too.
A simulacrum/pastiche of Starbucks would be ideal too, not necessarily as a delivery prefab but definitely a distinctive corner-store fab that pops up everywhere..

Call it Ishmaels or Melvilles for an added pun (didn't even realise that I almost said "Call me Ishmael" in a completely unintended way, lol).

Return to “American Truck Simulator”