Texas pre-research tips

flight50

Re: Texas pre-research tips

#191 Post by flight50 » 14 Mar 2021 23:41

I left you a message on your thread R1600Turbo.

Jman12678, awesome.
Jman12678

#192 Post by Jman12678 » 15 Mar 2021 23:42

[ external image ]

I hope they get the guide signs and standalone shields for the signs correct.
That would bug me it was wrong.

Along with RM and FM Roads difference haha.
Enjoy Driving for fun.
ETS 2 and ATS trucker
Gig' Em Aggies
Tails

#193 Post by Tails » 18 Mar 2021 20:58

Campbell's soup factory in Paris ,Texas

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Campb ... -95.557897
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
flight50

#194 Post by flight50 » 18 Mar 2021 21:37

^Yeah I remember seeing that in my personal research. If US-82 is in, Paris is in. I'd love to get US-82 from Texarkana to Wichita Falls. That would be sweet. I think Sherman and Paris would have legit shots to be mapped if that is the case. Paris isn't huge but at 24k residents, its worthy of a small town with 3-4 depots perhaps. I'd take Campbell's, Kimberly Clark and Home Depot. There is a Walmart too of course but I'm getting sick of Walmart, lol. Do the non functioning Walmart and give us other retail we can deliver to. Like Big Country Farm Center or Paris Ford off US-82. Here is something new, a bakery. J. Skinner brings in bread, pastries, grains, wheat, flour, packaging, forklifts, etc. Across from Kimberly Clark is Turner Industries Piping. We have piping in the game as cargo but no where that makes it or take it from a manufacturer. Same with concrete pipe forms. We have cargo in the game but where does it come from? Bring in Forterra. ATS needs that middle man company. I can't express this enough. The cargo should make more sense. If the cargo is in the game, there need to be a beginning company, a middle company and an end company. All three phases of a product is how SCS can be innovative for something like contracts or events/missions.

If we do get Paris, Tx, the best landmark we could get though is the mini Eiffel. There is absolute nothing near it trucking wise to make it worth the roads except the Civic Center itself. Sooooo how can you make the Eiffel Tower worth it......easy. Make the Civics center a depot. We can take furniture, hvac replacement, boiler replacement, landscaping like trees, boulders or sod. We can make it a construction repair site so we can send building material to it...bricks, concrete/mortar, lumber, plywood, shingles, insulation. We can repave the parking lot for Bitumen road works. We can take cement and delivery road works equipment and materials for road work. How about take a large field grass cutting tractor. Going out you will be limited but the point of going is to see the tower. Pickup a load from another depot in town. I'll find a way to make sense of most buildings but will the devs agree is the question. I will consider existing cargo to take as well as add new cargo. There is usually always something to make from nothing if you open the horizons a little.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.6389754 ... 6656?hl=en

[ external image ]
Kalando79

#195 Post by Kalando79 » 20 Mar 2021 22:31

Austin, and Travis county have their own division for Commercial Vehicle Enforcement. They drive ford f250s with a bed top on them, they literally say Commercial Vehicle Enforcement on the side. I know it might not be possible to make them only appear around ATX but just figured I'd throw it out there. The tolls here in ATX are getting ridiculous (so is the traffic) so I hope y'all add some tolls on the Texas DLC, I think it'll be pretty cool. We also have some big quarries too like Texas Crushed Stone (off 35 in Georgetown and off 1431 in roundrock), Cemtex (off 35 just outside of New Braunfels) and Texas Materials has this one plant out towards Marble Falls off 281. I've never picked up there but I've passed by and its a pretty big quarry. I'm know there are more but I really only run out of TCS and Cemtex so do a lot of other Drivers that run Bobtails, Enddumps, and Bellydumps. I can't wait for Texas to come out... and on a side note maybe add Bellydumps and Enddumps to the ownable trailers because it seems like everyone here In ATX runs them. lol
flight50

#196 Post by flight50 » 20 Mar 2021 23:39

Its possible to get city specific vehicles. They are in the game already. All the emergency vehicles are limited to where they spawn. I wouldn't get my hopes up on tolls if I where you though. Our tolls here in Texas that run concurrent with the Interstates isn't really necessary for ATS. There is only so much space as is. The service roads are more critical to get depots off them. We can still get from A to B without tolls but we have to get service roads in Texas.
Jman12678

#197 Post by Jman12678 » 21 Mar 2021 17:07

Here is for SCS the map of rest areas across the state. so they can see how some of the ones we have across the state are really nice looking.

https://www.txdot.gov/driver/travel/rest-areas-map.html

Hope they also put the Texas Travel Information center that are across the state since those are usually tied to rest areas.
Enjoy Driving for fun.
ETS 2 and ATS trucker
Gig' Em Aggies
flight50

#198 Post by flight50 » 21 Mar 2021 18:03

That's a nice map. Its clear. I will mention though that they do own a Rand McNally Commercial Trucking Atlas. So rest stops and weigh stations shows on it. They picked it up when they cam to Texas back in 2019 for GATS. I hung out with them for a few days below they came to your area. They left Dallas and I want to say they visited the rest of the Texas Triangle before returning back home. They had a team spend a week or so in Colorado. I think that helped at ton. No way a week covers Texas though. I don't think the goal was to really research Texas like they did with Colorado anyways. But I am sure visiting the large cities here gave them a sense of scale on how massive the cities are here. They are huge and you can easily get lost on the massive roadways here. They are confusing for some of us that live here. Imagine how hard it must be for those that don't live here.
TheTexanLadd

#199 Post by TheTexanLadd » 29 Apr 2021 10:33

TwinShadow wrote: 04 Mar 2019 07:54 The name is actually "Kum&Go", but I would not be too surprised to see SCS replace the K with a C, "due to copyright" and all...
I know this is an old comment, but there is another solution.

In some languages (possibly even English too), the letter 'Q' does make a similar sound to the letter 'K' and the letter 'C'. Basically, it could be 'Qum & Go', and I don't see any problems with it (both in terms of copyright, and adult implications).
flight50

#200 Post by flight50 » 29 Apr 2021 13:23

That's still to close to the original name though. They have to change more than just one letter. They are better off calling it Go & Qum, QumGo or GoQum.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”