[REWORK] Idaho rework tips (originally pre-research)

Kraake
SCS Software

[REWORK] Idaho rework tips (originally pre-research)

#1 Post by Kraake » 12 Nov 2018 18:24

Hello everybody!

As we're doing some pre-research for ATS, we'd like to know your opinion on some of the things which we shouldn't miss in the game in our future planned DLCs - in this case for the IDAHO state.

Unfortunately it can be very easy to miss some key spots when planning a future road network. We can judge only from what we read or see, while those who live there, have driven there or visited there, can point us towards some famous truck stops, interesting landmark, points of interest etc.

So we'd appreciate any tips which could be helpful for us and that could easily work with in-game mechanics. Try to keep in mind that we're interested in places connected with trucks and roads. So if you have some tips, we'd be grateful. Don't be shy to add photos / videos of said locations (in better quality, so our graphics can use them as pattern).

:arrow: For example THIS was a really great job.

In case you would like to also help us with other states check the list bellow:

COLORADO | IDAHO (by rocknrollDaVE) | MONTANA | OKLAHOMA | TEXAS | UTAH | WASHINGTON | WYOMING

Please be aware, that states listed here mean absolutely no promise of what's the next DLC or what states will come first. Also we can't guarantee that we'll use the research you give us - it depends on many aspects (which can't be all written here).

:arrow: General discussion about pre-researches is HERE.

Cheers!
Last edited by Kraake on 14 Nov 2018 09:53, edited 2 times in total.
supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Idaho pre-research tips

#2 Post by supersobes » 12 Nov 2018 20:07

A large landmark along I-84 near the state capital of Boise, Idaho is the Micron Semiconductor plant. It would be cool to have it in the game, and possibly even a place to deliver to. There are also lots of truck dealers, truck service centres, and trailer dealers across the street from it, so this seems like an area of Boise that SCS should add.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.5259167 ... a=!3m1!1e3

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
angrybirdseller

#3 Post by angrybirdseller » 13 Nov 2018 01:18

LDS temple where I-84 and I-184 interchange split and small tunnel along I-84 good landmark. Truck Stop in Caldwell and West Boise off US20. US-26 continue west from Ontario Oregon to meet I-184 it’s farmland and suburban housing.

I-84 corridor mostly rural scrubland with some farming and sure someone show photo where areas are located.
ghostriderkiller666

#4 Post by ghostriderkiller666 » 13 Nov 2018 07:45

I-84 ford Idaho center in nampa silver city old ghost town Shoshone falls hell"s canyon scenic drive craters of the moon national monument
rbsanford

#5 Post by rbsanford » 13 Nov 2018 17:09

Let's not forget about the Snake River Gorge, which US 93 crosses via the Perrine Memorial Bridge just north of Twin Falls and south of its junction with I-84.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 13 Nov 2018 18:31

This video is of US 93 which I am sure makes the game. It is primarily mostly Idaho, but it also ventures into Montana as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfmDLYSptfo&t=297s
Mike_F

#7 Post by Mike_F » 13 Nov 2018 20:35

angrybirdseller wrote: 13 Nov 2018 01:18 LDS temple where I-84 and I-184 interchange split and small tunnel along I-84 good landmark. ...
That is the Boise Idaho tempter for the Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints. You can find links to a photo gallery, a map of the area, and more, by visiting this page. Is this the one you were thinking about AngryBirdSeller?
Press any key . . . NO, NOT THAT ONE!

ETS2 and ATS -gone vanilla with both
My World of Trucks profile

DIY computer with Ryzen 5-2600, 16GB RAM, M.2 (dual boot - Mint 19 & W10 home) and 2*SATA III SSDs, GTX 1070 driving 32" curved 1440p
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#8 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 15 Nov 2018 21:40

i will be starting an Idaho research thread following the same format i used with the Utah thread next week. the one where i pretty much write a book on the state
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#9 Post by supersobes » 15 Nov 2018 22:55

@rocknrollDaVE Why not just post the content here? It would be a lot easier for SCS to have all of the information in one thread than to have it spread all over the forum.
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#10 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 15 Nov 2018 22:58

because if i do so that it would just clog up this thread. i will post a link to my Idaho book here

also i need to use place holders to work with the format and thats kinda tricky when everyone will be inclined to post around them if i need more slots and what not

so... ease of use
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]

Return to “American Truck Simulator”