[REWORK] Colorado rework tips (originally pre-research)

Kraake
SCS Software

[REWORK] Colorado rework tips (originally pre-research)

#1 Post by Kraake » 14 Nov 2018 09:22

Hello everybody!

As we're doing some pre-research for ATS, we'd like to know your opinion on some of the things which we shouldn't miss in the game in our future planned DLCs - in this case for the COLORADO state.

Unfortunately it can be very easy to miss some key spots when planning a future road network. We can judge only from what we read or see, while those who live there, have driven there or visited there, can point us towards some famous truck stops, interesting landmark, points of interest etc.

So we'd appreciate any tips which could be helpful for us and that could easily work with in-game mechanics. Try to keep in mind that we're interested in places connected with trucks and roads. So if you have some tips, we'd be grateful. Don't be shy to add photos / videos of said locations (in better quality, so our graphics can use them as pattern).

:arrow: For example THIS was a really great job.

In case you would like to also help us with other states check the list bellow:

IDAHO | MONTANA | OKLAHOMA | TEXAS | UTAH | WASHINGTON | WYOMING

Please be aware, that states listed here mean absolutely no promise of what's the next DLC or what states will come first. Also we can't guarantee that we'll use the research you give us - it depends on many aspects (which can't be all written here).

:arrow: General discussion about pre-researches is HERE.

Cheers!
Last edited by Kraake on 14 Nov 2018 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
bobgrey1997

Re: Colorado pre-research tips

#2 Post by bobgrey1997 » 14 Nov 2018 09:48

Well well, @flight50 will be happy to see this thread!
flight50

#3 Post by flight50 » 14 Nov 2018 13:36

Yes indeed Bobgrey. It is one of the next 4 states that is generating a lot of hype. The more info we can give them, the better prepared they can be. I know we have one big fan of ATS that is a regular here. There will be a lot he can add. I don't remember how to spell his user name but it starts with a F. Something like Fan...dela. and I believe the avatar is of a dragon or something. He will eventually find this thread.

So to my first contribution is this video of I-70. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDgu9Bw3-QA
BK Vissers

#4 Post by BK Vissers » 14 Nov 2018 14:54

@Flight50 - I believe it’s Faelandea
rbsanford

#5 Post by rbsanford » 14 Nov 2018 15:30

Something that should definitely be included is the Eisenhower Tunnel on I-70, the highest point (and longest tunnel) on the Interstate Highway System and one of the highest highway tunnels in the world.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
festmache

#6 Post by festmache » 14 Nov 2018 15:42

Although I think that, in general, it wouldn't necessarily be good to add too many pop culture references to the virtual trucking world, I think that there is one place in Colorado that is so famous that it really would deserve a reference of some kind... And that is South Park.

In the real world, South Park is an area rather than an actual town. It is loosely based on the town of Fairplay, located in South Park.

In the small town of Fairplay, there is an open-air museum called South Park City. Although this is not about the series, there are some publicly visible references to characters of the series (see the links below).

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.2245975 ... 312!8i6656

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.2247271 ... 312!8i6656

If one of the highways passing the town (highways 9 and 285) would be added to the ATS world, I think Fairplay might be an appropriate non-marked city.
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
MrDrCold

#7 Post by MrDrCold » 15 Nov 2018 00:09

Can't forget about Pikes Peak. a huge iconic mountain (over 14,000 Feet) that overlooks the city of Colorado Springs.
Heres a pic of it from downtown CS. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... nkbone.jpg
supersobes
Global moderator

#8 Post by supersobes » 15 Nov 2018 00:45

Colorado is one of the states that requires trucks to carry chains during the winter months even if there is no snow on road, isn't it? Maybe if we get dynamic seasons in ATS, SCS can add this game play feature to Colorado.
Cragner

#9 Post by Cragner » 15 Nov 2018 02:19

Chain are required to be carried on all commercial vehicles on I-70 between exit 133 and exit 259 between September 1 and May 31
Blackspots

#10 Post by Blackspots » 16 Nov 2018 03:02

Don't forget about Glenwood Canyon eastbound! -- (westbound)
Last edited by Blackspots on 16 Nov 2018 03:45, edited 4 times in total.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico

Return to “American Truck Simulator”