[REWORK] Colorado rework tips (originally pre-research)

Blackspots

Re: Colorado pre-research tips

#111 Post by Blackspots » 06 Nov 2019 17:43

A lot of US-550 between Durango and Silverton is way too narrow for a semi, with its sharp switch backs. (I know, I drove it last year)
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Highflyernl

#112 Post by Highflyernl » 11 Nov 2019 21:48

flight50

#113 Post by flight50 » 17 Nov 2019 06:55

US-550 and I-70 are the main too reasons I want Colorado badly. Even more than Texas. I watched Riding Shotgun's video and he did the Million Dollar with ease. I like his videos as he talks thru them with some cool details. I am sure SCS won't make it exactly true to life but we could get a descent feel for it. I'd be a bit disappointed if US-550 doesn't continue from New Mexico up to US-50 in Colorado. I checked my Rand McNally and its not prohibited but there is a length restriction and a height restriction on it because of the curves it has clearances necessary. Normal van loads are fine and more than likely pup doubles but nothing else. ATS is 1:20 and not 1:1 so SCS can pull off the million dollar much much easier than a real trucker. The US highways are the best roads imo. I do play with a wheel though.

550 is too beautiful of a road to miss out on. It's one of those highlight roads that presents the challenge to perfect it.
plinio.lisboa.br

#114 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 17 Nov 2019 08:35

Darren K wrote: 02 Nov 2019 23:23 Trademarked or not, I'm sure you're aware how they handle such things already to avoid licensing issues. Call it Bunny Ears Hotel, or Rabbit Ears Hotel/Inn.
Good morning friends researchers!
Believe the solution to the motel problem with the rabbit symbol is to opt for those two words that have the same meaning rabbit:
coney our bunny.
Ex:
Bunny Ears Pass Hotel. Bunny Ears Pass Motel.
Coney Ears Pass Hotel. Coney Ears Pass Motel.

Others synonymus:
Lapin, cony, hare, das, mouse hare, dassie, rock rabbit, coney, hyrax, pika.
https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/rabbit
Xaagon

#115 Post by Xaagon » 07 Dec 2019 05:02

It will be interesting to see how SCS handles this. They could change the animal to something else with longish ears, like mule deer (which can be found in Colorado).

I believe the motel takes its name from Rabbit Ears Pass, which US-40 crosses through just east of Steamboat Springs.
EDIT: Just looked at Darren K's post a little closer, and there he tells us that this is true.
Darren K

#116 Post by Darren K » 04 Feb 2020 08:58

Another place that recently came to mind is the Denver Coliseum along I-70. It is a signature landmark rolling through town and I think should be a can't-miss asset.
https://goo.gl/maps/Yqz9zQsDALJTZS7i8
flight50

#117 Post by flight50 » 06 Feb 2020 00:46

That Coliseum is definitely making the game. Its way to close to miss the cut. I would even go as far as saying the National Western Stock bldg makes the game as well. If Union Pacific Railroad yard and Denver Airport makes it, all other establishments off I-70 and I-25 are bonuses. But Denver does interest me. It's not a small city and visually I want to see how it compared to SLC.
alecwarper

#118 Post by alecwarper » 07 Mar 2020 04:10

Honestly one of the things this DLC will need to include to get Coloradoans extremely hooked and excited for this even if they've never played a truck simulator before is COPIOUS uses of the Colorado Flag. Honestly, this is probably the first state ATS has visited since New Mexico where people LOVE their flag, and everything it symbolizes. When a Coloradoan sees it, they don't just think of the state, but the great outdoors in general. People wear the flag on everything, we often joke we're the only state other than Texas that wears our own tourist clothes. I even have the Colorado flag on my water bottle.
I'd love to see our state flag flying across the state in-game, and if in trailers the Colorado flag was shown a bunch like with the New Mexico Zia Sun, ANY Coloradoan will be saying "I NEED this!" Colorado is a gorgeous state, and what little I've seen looks incredible, but please don't miss out on how important our flag is for our state! It's this little inside thing we adore and plaster as many places as possible, whether you've just moved here, or have lived here your whole life.
Xaagon

#119 Post by Xaagon » 26 Mar 2020 18:03

We should definitely see the state flag on every state highway number sign.

Many businesses here that fly flags will have two or three - One US flag, one Colorado flag, and sometimes one flag for the business itself.
supersobes
Global moderator

#120 Post by supersobes » 26 Mar 2020 18:05

@Xaagon Yes, the state highway shields have been noted here. ;)

Return to “American Truck Simulator”