Pre-research NOTICE BOARD

Kraake
SCS Software

Pre-research NOTICE BOARD

#1 Post by Kraake » 27 Nov 2018 20:26

Hello everybody.

It's been more than two weeks since we've asked you for help with some pre-research tips.

We must admit you have done awesome piece of work! We really appreciate all the effort you've spent.

I promise you that we will get through all the information provided. As it is big amount of information it will take some time - some topics sooner some later - but we will get through for sure.

As we have to discuss everything through more departments it will take some time until we will ask some more detailed questions.

In case you have anything to add please do not hesitate. We check all pre-research tips here on daily basis

Once more thank you all!

Kraake / ATS research department

flight50

Re: Pre-research NOTICE BOARD

#2 Post by flight50 » 02 Dec 2018 17:48

No problem. Thanks for allowing us to contribute. The more options we can throw at you guys the better. Not being from the US or having quick access to visit here for yourselves can be a challenge in itself. So why not use us. It's like, hear it straight from the horse's mouth. That saying basically means, hear it from someone that experiences on a daily basis for those that don't get American analogies, lol.

Lightning61

#3 Post by Lightning61 » 07 Dec 2018 21:31

It's good to see you guys accepting input from us lowly "'muricans'" to make this awesome game even better!

I'm retired and have lived in Illinois all my life from the Wisconsin border all the way down to Carbondale and many points between along the I-57 corridor, so I'll be "on point" when my state is on the board.

Right off, the most relevant cities/towns to add in-game would be Rockford, Moline, Joliet, Peoria, Bloomington/Normal, Champaign/Urbana, Danville, Springfield, Decatur, E.St. Louis area, Effingham, Mount Vernon, Marion/Carbondale, Cairo, Metropolis, and last but not least, The Monster of the Midwest, (Chicago).

My father was a life-long trucker and I've spent many hours and miles all over the Eastern half of the US driving, navigating, double logging, (remember paper?), and lumping, (lizards included). ;)
I've actually been here since 1/5/14. ;)

flight50

#4 Post by flight50 » 07 Dec 2018 23:39

Miscellaneous Info from 2019 Rand McNally

National Weight and Size Provisions - I mainly posted this in hopes of getting longer single trailers for states that allow them.

LCV - Long Combination Vehicles

2019 Rand McNally Restrictions for BC, Alberta & Manitoba Canada

2019 Rand McNally Restrictions for Alaska
Last edited by flight50 on 08 Dec 2018 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

supersobes
Global moderator

#5 Post by supersobes » 08 Dec 2018 01:32

@flight50 What is Rand McNally? Is it like an all informative book for everything that truck driver need to know?

flight50

#6 Post by flight50 » 08 Dec 2018 04:52

It is the brand of a road atlas that truckers use to navigate the roads. It's titled "Motor Carriers Road Atlas" and deems to be America's best-selling trucker's atlas. I purchased the regular one about 3 weeks ago, not knowing at the time, the version I really wanted was the Motor Carrier version.

natvander
SCS Software

#7 Post by natvander » 08 Dec 2018 05:08

I thought Rand McNally was as American as apple pie? Even I have a small collection of them.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Hiro

#8 Post by Hiro » 08 Dec 2018 05:54

In Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet, and hamburgers eat people

TexasWhirlwind

#9 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 13 Dec 2018 19:22

Yea I keep one in my truck all the time. I also have one in the wife's car and my pickup truck.. I never leave the house with out one if I go to places that I am not familiar with....
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-

Kraake
SCS Software

#10 Post by Kraake » 21 Dec 2018 17:12

To all of you who helped us with all the researches...

Image Thank you!

Kraake / Raven

Return to “American Truck Simulator”