[REWORK] AZ, CA, and NV public research and rework suggestions.

angrybirdseller

Re: [REWORK] AZ, CA, and NV public research and rework suggestions.

#181 Post by angrybirdseller » 17 May 2020 09:04

I did Yuma to St George delivery -There lack of proper truck stop in Kingman AZ-maybe potential to add on off exit 9 off I-40 the first exit in the map relocate the delivery spot to add hearts truck stop and extend AZ-95 to Parker down to Quartzsite.

Las Vegas rebuild start I-11 and US-95 connection and extension of US-95 from Tonopah to I-80 and add Fallon NV as scenery Area.

Larry71490

#182 Post by Larry71490 » 17 May 2020 11:04

@angrybirdseller I agree 100%. Maybe add Pedro or Hearts in Kingman as well.

rbsanford

#183 Post by rbsanford » 17 May 2020 17:25

I was thinking the TA at the junction of the 40 and the 93 in Kingman would be perfect, since it would serve both highways.
Check out my Imgur page for ATS screenshots, railfanning, ship spotting, and more!
Latest screenshot album: Vol V: the Colorado Experience

Handy maps and diagrams.

Larry71490

#184 Post by Larry71490 » 17 May 2020 17:44

@rbsanford I would put a Driver truck stop there as a Flying J is there in real life.

angrybirdseller

#185 Post by angrybirdseller » 17 May 2020 19:35

Ethier location would work fine the exit-9 where AZ-95 goes south to Lake Havasu City and Laughlin or US-93 off Beale Street in Kingman. Couple years they added the Ask Fork fueling area per player request as from Las Vegas to Phoenix at the time there where no gas stations off the highway.

flight50

#186 Post by flight50 » 17 May 2020 21:30

@rbsanford. I should have looked at this a lot closer when you posted this. I pretty much just glanced at it back then with not comments really. This is pretty good man. I love this. I hope you don't mind me using it for my own personal markup and opinions. Some of it you already included in your sketch for fixes.

Color Legend

Green Road = Roads I really like that are either not in the game, or can use some tweaking to make more accurate and/or realistic
Red Road = Nice adds and I will happily take them but may not be necessary. For detour purposes, all roads here are great and would work.
Orange Boundaries = Recommended areas to change for accuracy. Realignment or junction replacement necessary
Purple = Critical and must need city/road changes. (3) total areas for me.
Orange Text = I love these additional roads. Adds a lot to the map imo. US-50, continuing US-99 and reworking US-395 are at the top of my list. After playing the Sierra Nevada map mod, US-395 is my favorite US highway from Washington all the way down to were Reforma ends US-395 in California. If SCS can give this road some glory, the vanilla map would be awesome. Along with I-80 from Sacramento to at least Winnemucca could use some Sierra Nevada type love as well. No need to really exaggerate like SN but enough to get the point across would be great.

Luckily SCS has revealed that Vegas is getting redone. That gives us a lot of hope for the purple areas for sure. @rbsanford's Vegas shows us a much larger Vegas but still @1:20 scale. I am not sure how he did this, but he did, lol and it looks great. If SCS has seen this sketch, perfect.

Larry71490

#187 Post by Larry71490 » 17 May 2020 21:42

Far as Cali, LA and Barstow needs the most work done. Hopefully we get a garage in Barstow if they do a Barstow update.

flight50

#188 Post by flight50 » 17 May 2020 22:25

The interchanges in both Barstow and San Francisco are my main issues. It seems like SCS is starting to realize how much accurate intersections help. The more they do, the bigger their library gets. There will always be customs for lots of the East and even Texas, but there are some fairly standard ones too. In Phoenix in ATS, both those are off but I think there is a prefab that works for both, swap these out and reconnect. For the most part, both those interchanges are close enough that little tweaking is needed. In general the on/off ramps in the base maps are bad and new and much better graded one can get swapped in. Most of the vegetation and off the road mapping don't have to be changed. Just change the ramps or interchanges and fill back in. To do all this for a good mapper you are probably looking at 1-3 days tops. I am not a mapper but I have seen enough streams to know the process.

More complex interchanges could perhaps take 1-3 weeks. Cities or town rebuilds 1-3 months depending. It all adds up though. But if the 3rd map team is taking on rebuild task, there is plenty around the existing map that can get done for fixes without every having sector issues.

In rbsanfords sketch, I love how dense California can get. Even Arizona can have some more complexity to it. I know the West is sparse, but its not that sparse that more roads can't get added in.

Trucker_Tommy

#189 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 18 May 2020 07:00

Would be really good if we got more of the roads from the above map. The US50 out of Sacramento is as most people have probably commented a huge miss. I don’t know a great deal of the ins and outs of scale however if the above is possible it would be grand.

Dirk221

#190 Post by Dirk221 » 18 May 2020 07:26

It will be so awesome if they rework Nevada. Long roads, little settlements and stunning nature will give you the real US trucker experience 🙂

Return to “American Truck Simulator”