[REWORK] NM, OR (and future DLCs) public research and rework suggestions

Unknown#

Re: NM, OR, WA (and future DLCs) public research and rework suggestions

#21 Post by Unknown# » 15 Jun 2019 11:49

The only other city in Washington that I could see get added would be Moses Lake. Currently, it's just a scenery town, nothing else, but there is potential with some space to include it.

As for roads, WA-17 is very likely, IF Moses Lake get included as a marked city (instead of a scenery town, like it currently is). Although, WA-21 could be another contender, but it is less likely.

JackFrost

Re: NM, OR, WA (and future DLCs) public research and rework suggestions

#22 Post by JackFrost » 17 Jun 2019 05:42

First off I want to say that I love the new WA dlc. That being said, I am quite sad that they made all this hubbub about the bridges in WA state and then they didn't add the 2 Tacoma Narrow's bridges or the floating Hood Canal bridge as another way to get over to Port Angeles. Also the ferry system could be increased significantly by adding at least one more ferry either the Seattle to Bremerton or Seattle to Bainbridge Island. These areas are key features of the Puget Sound. I really hope that these are features that get updated in a next patch.

Unknown#

Re: [REWORK] NM, OR (and future DLCs) public research and rework suggestions

#23 Post by Unknown# » 21 Dec 2019 09:26

I think it's obvious that any mention of US 491 (aside from Utah) and US 285 is absent for Colorado. Granted, I'm pretty sure the junction for US 285 from Española to the New Mexico-Colorado border & the junction for US 491 from Shiprock to Monticello, UT will be added once one of the updates for Colorado come by, but I thought I might as well bring it up just in case the people in charge of reworking parts of the existing map forget to do that. Let's hope that they don't forget.

flight50

#24 Post by flight50 » 06 Jan 2020 00:30

Rework in my opinion, add Ikea along with the rework for it in Washington. Same goes for Salt Lake City and Phoenix. This one in Portland fits just like the Washington one. Worst case, stretch the road further West and make Ikea the first prefab on that street just like real life.

rbsanford

#25 Post by rbsanford » 05 May 2020 04:38

I'm surprised nobody has brought up US 26 in Oregon yet. It could provide more east-west mobility in Oregon, and a scenic alternate route between Portland, Bend, and Ontario.

To imagine what it could look like in ATS, I threw together a concept map:

For a version with labels, click here. The 26 between Portland and the 97 could feature the city of Gresham, which, like Troutdale, could feature more industries for Portland. Meanwhile, to the east, OR 7 could connect the 26 to I-84 via Baker City, expanding the scenic town. Overall, we're looking at a very beautiful road with several summits and gorges (some crossed, others passed through), and, of course, up close views of Mt. Hood.
Check out my Imgur page for ATS screenshots, railfanning, ship spotting, and more!
Latest screenshot album: Vol V: the Colorado Experience

Handy maps and diagrams.

Bedavd

#26 Post by Bedavd » 06 May 2020 13:07

I remember discussing US 26 a while ago, likely on the Oregon discussion thread. I would love to see it, as it would give us some nice views around Mt. Hood as well. If SCS is serious about including detours, we need more redundant roads like this to use as alternatives.

Unfortunately, all of the portions of US 26 in the game (between Mt. Vernon & John Day, and then between Vale and OR SR 201) are all signed as US 20 exclusively. That may be an indication that it's not coming, though it wouldn't be difficult to change. I really really do hope it comes, however.
Check out my Michigan research map!

Check out my ATS IRL map!
*Colorado added! LA, and San Diego are unmapped out of protest for their future rework*

Sora

#27 Post by Sora » 06 May 2020 22:33

Bedavd wrote:
06 May 2020 13:07
Unfortunately, all of the portions of US 26 in the game (between Mt. Vernon & John Day, and then between Vale and OR SR 201) are all signed as US 20 exclusively. That may be an indication that it's not coming, though it wouldn't be difficult to change. I really really do hope it comes, however.
I'm not 100% confident, but I think that the John Day section is marked as US 26 in game following a recent update. I remember being surprised by it the last time I drove by it. I haven't gone between Vale and Ontario lately so I don't know about that one.

Anyway, US 26 would be a great addition, but I'm not sure I see it happening for a pretty straightforward reason: the Oregon DLC is already huge, and unless they add the whole thing (which isn't a small commitment), the only stretch of it that would actually be an optimal route for anything would also be the hardest one to implement (the one between Portland and Bend.) This would at least cover Mt Hood though so it'd be decent.

To be honest, there's only one road I see them adding to Oregon in the future: OR 126, between Eugene and Coos Bay. Mostly because the inaccessibility of Coos Bay is probably the biggest remaining "complaint" about Oregon, and OR 126 would be easier to implement than e.g. OR 38 because they can just attach it to the existing roads in Eugene (either the 105 or the 569 would work perfectly fine.)

Bedavd

#28 Post by Bedavd » 06 May 2020 23:35

I went to double-check. Around Ontario, it is only marked at US 20. It IS however, marked as 26 coming north on US 395 and in John Day, there is no mention of US 26 going south or in Mt. Vernon, however.

It is one of the main roads not leading to another state that I really want to see. Maybe one day.
Check out my Michigan research map!

Check out my ATS IRL map!
*Colorado added! LA, and San Diego are unmapped out of protest for their future rework*

Return to “American Truck Simulator”