[TRAFFIC SIGNAGE] State route shields in the US

Bedavd

Re: [TRAFFIC SIGNAGE] State route shields in the US

#61 Post by Bedavd » 28 Mar 2019 02:40

Interesting that Connecticut wasn't consistent, I didn't see any that weren't colored when I was looking around. There's always more to find for each state! Don't stop looking!

According to ConnDOT's sign catalog, it appears they don't color them anymore, as can be seen on pages 85 - 92. I also looked around for an SCDOT catalog for the South Carolina inconsistencies, but unfortunately I couldn't find any manuals on their website.

Congrats guys, we did the lower 48! I figure I may as well top off Alaska and Hawaii to make the lot!

Alaska!!!

Alaska uses A white square with the bigger dipper constellation and the north star, with ALASKA in the top right corner. The same shield is used on both Highway and standalone signs

Gantry:
[ external image ]

Roadside:
[ external image ]

Roadside:
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

Hawaii!!!

Hawaii's sign is similarly shaped to California's, but with a rounded bottom. This one doesn't widen when larger numbers are used.

Gantry:
[ external image ][ external image ]

Roadside:
[ external image ]

Roadside:
[ external image ]

THAT'S ALL 50!!!!!
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
supersobes
Global moderator

#62 Post by supersobes » 28 Mar 2019 10:04

Bedavd wrote: 28 Mar 2019 02:40 Interesting that Connecticut wasn't consistent, I didn't see any that weren't colored when I was looking around. There's always more to find for each state! Don't stop looking!

According to ConnDOT's sign catalog, it appears they don't color them anymore, as can be seen on pages 85 - 92. I also looked around for an SCDOT catalog for the South Carolina inconsistencies, but unfortunately I couldn't find any manuals on their website.
Looking on page 81, it looks like the US route shield is to be coloured in when used on green navigation signs. ;)
Kraake
SCS Software

#63 Post by Kraake » 28 Mar 2019 19:31

@ Bedavd & alclark - Glad to see you back guys! [ external image ]

Thank you!
Bedavd

#64 Post by Bedavd » 29 Mar 2019 15:47

supersobes wrote: 28 Mar 2019 10:04 Looking on page 81, it looks like the US route shield is to be coloured in when used on green navigation signs. ;)
Yeah, it seems that both the us route sign and the state route signs are just white now. Perhaps they’re slowly updating the green ones as the signs need to be replaced.
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Kraake
SCS Software

#65 Post by Kraake » 29 Mar 2019 18:14

[ external image ]

Thank you very much all of you guys!

Only one thing - Is it only me, or we miss [ external image ] Oklahoma ?
Bedavd

#66 Post by Bedavd » 29 Mar 2019 19:32

Oh no, it looks like we did! Luckily Oklahoma is pretty easy.

Oklahoma uses a white square with the state outline in the top corner, similar to Florida. There is no writing and there is no difference between it and the navigation signs.

Gantry:
[ external image ]

Roadside:
[ external image ]

Standalone:
[ external image ]

Similar to some other states, Oklahoma state routes have spurs, denoted with a letter following the route number:
[ external image ]

Hopefully no mistakes this time :lol:

THAT'S ALL 50!!! hopefully
Kraake
SCS Software

#67 Post by Kraake » 01 Apr 2019 12:22

[ external image ]
Thank you all!
Trucker_Tommy

#68 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 21 Apr 2019 09:12

Sorry if I've missed something but doesn't New Mexico need to route signage? Being from the UK, US state signs aren't top of my general knowledge. I know Arizona are being redone in 1:35 and California & Nevada will come but doesn't New Mexico need looking at? Someone with more knowledge might be able to say for sure.
supersobes
Global moderator

#69 Post by supersobes » 21 Apr 2019 11:58

As was stated here, the state route shield in New Mexixo and Arizona have been done correctly. ;)
Bedavd wrote: 04 Mar 2019 02:20 Seeing what supersobes did regarding California, I compared all the other current states with their SCS counterparts. Here is what I found, and the critiques that I have.

Regarding Arizona and New Mexico, things look pretty good! Nothing really to say there, they're basically right on.
Trucker_Tommy

#70 Post by Trucker_Tommy » 21 Apr 2019 12:07

Thanks Supersobes must of glossed over that point when reading through although are NM signage all correct? How many states does Natvander have to correct to have all state signage right?

Return to “American Truck Simulator”