100 Worst Bottlenecks

angrybirdseller

100 Worst Bottlenecks

#1 Post by angrybirdseller » 07 Apr 2019 01:37

https://truckingresearch.org/2019/02/06 ... enecks/-Be nice pump out AI during certain times off the day your going 5-20 mph at most Altanta seems like area you drive thru at night along with Chicago lol.

I like too bottleneck option in ATS where there extra AI just sitting there stop and go for one or two in Chicago or Atlanta. Seattle, Portland, Phoenix, Los Angeles make the list 8-) already and Denver has I-25 and I-70 mouse trap interchange.

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: 100 Worst Bottlenecks

#2 Post by supersobes » 07 Apr 2019 01:43

It would definitely be nice to see real stop-and-go, bumper-to-bumper traffic in ATS, particularly in the areas that a notorious for it in real-life and whenever there is a random road event that causes the closure of lanes. A lot of the urban freeways in ATS are 3 to 4 lanes wide, yet they are desolate a lot of the time with no traffic in sight. I would definitely love to see more traffic there. For example, I-405 in Portland is parking lot during rush hour on weekdays, but in ATS a lot of the time there is less than 5 cars on the road there.

angrybirdseller

#3 Post by angrybirdseller » 07 Apr 2019 06:39

Portland at 4pm you should be moving inches and rush hour slider in major cities. Rush Hour AI generator be nice extra AI, but this feature would need to be really tested so low end GPU are not getting smoked by extra AI in the area.

Sora

#4 Post by Sora » 21 Apr 2019 20:32

Code: Select all

5: Houston, TX: I-45 at I-69/US 59
I can explain this one! ...sort of.

It was originally designed as an intersection between an Interstate and a US route, resulting in an intersection that was woefully under-capacity as it turned out that US 59 was gradually becoming a major roadway throughout the city between its status as an international trade corridor and local traffic from Kingwood/Sharpstown/Sugar Land/Humble/Bellaire/etc.. To make things worse, it's attached to one of the oldest and most outdated sections of I-45, which makes it difficult to even justify adjustments to it because a lot of people just want that stretch of highway deleted altogether. US 59's eventual upgrade to I-69 has forced them to place the intersection under heavy construction, which may resolve some problems in the long term but temporarily just means that an already-congested area meant to handle 1960s levels of traffic is now a construction zone too.

The Pierce Elevated is beautiful, and US 59 is a masterpiece of engineering, but this intersection is a garbage mess that should have been rebuilt 50 years ago.

Other than that there's not a whole lot to say: Houston appears a lot on the list, but most of the time it's just the various downtown intersections (I-10/45/69 with I-610 or each other), and that's not really a surprise because once you get within a few miles of I-610 it's pretty much like the world is going in slow motion and everything takes about 3-6 times as long as it needs to. Unless you're doing it at like 4am on Sunday or something.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”