More AI vehicles to in ATS

angrybirdseller

More AI vehicles to in ATS

#1 Post by angrybirdseller » 13 May 2019 13:53

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Some of these cars and trucks would be nice to add with ATS. Maybe once a year add new vehicle to see in the AI mix.

rbsanford

Re: More AI vehicles to in ATS

#2 Post by rbsanford » 13 May 2019 15:33

Don't forget about minivans. They may be ugly, but they're pretty common, especially in the West in the summer, when families from all over the country are going on road trips.

Motorcycles are also a must. If you were to sum up traffic in the West in three vehicles, it would be semi trucks, RVs, and motorcycles. They're a part of the heritage and lore of the region. In ATS there wouldn't have to be biker gangs of course, as there are cleaner, friendlier bikers, especially in national parks and other scenic and tourist areas.
Check out my Imgur page for ATS screenshots, railfanning, ship spotting, and more!
Latest screenshot album: Vol V: the Colorado Experience

Handy maps and diagrams.

TruckerKid

#3 Post by TruckerKid » 13 May 2019 15:58

The only issue with motorcycles is that there would have to be a bit of work done to include animations of the rider. Currently, it would look kinda silly when they are stationary, sitting perfectly upright without their feet touching the ground.

angrybirdseller

#4 Post by angrybirdseller » 13 May 2019 16:32

Minivans would be nice addition. Motorcycles riders be nice AI in South Dakota during special event like sturgis

flight50

#5 Post by flight50 » 28 May 2019 05:10

I'd never have an issue with more AI vehicles getting into the game. I'd like to see a much wider variety on an SCS level. I use to run JazzyCat's car pack's as there is a lot of variety for sure.

cip

#6 Post by cip » 28 May 2019 09:28

all these models presented in the pictures above are included in jazzycat's pack :lol: I would not bother scs to add more cars in the game since they exists in mods at similar quality but with real logos which scs don't have (or at least not for all cars).
for motorcycles is different, many people including me asked for motorcycles with realistic physics, leaning at curves, etc
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

AnnaKlintenitz

#7 Post by AnnaKlintenitz » 28 May 2019 12:28

I'd still like SCS to make more variety, cus they're better at optimizing than good ole Jazzy' is. He's improved but still .. You know. The less mods the better. No offense.

cip

#8 Post by cip » 28 May 2019 12:47

I believe, not sure though, that scs do not have license for car models in game therefore they appear without full name and with no logo. traffic packs mods come with logo and similar quality (I believe the authors import the models from other games like Forza Horizon). I checked many packs with the -validate command and their quality is always appropriate to scs not much better / not much worse.
in matter of optimization, Ai car packs have absolutely no impact on performance, not even their density! there is a slight impact for additional traffic trucks, more for painted trucks and buses (because of lot of skins) . also additional trailers in traffic may slow down your system, depending on you configuration.

ok I can understand the idea of less mods but for traffic is not really possible, if you want density and diversity you need to make a compromise and accept mods ;)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

Unknown#

#9 Post by Unknown# » 19 Jun 2019 11:27

There is this nice little mod on Steam that adds some vehicles from ETS2 into ATS: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1220240293

These vehicles that are in the mod, you can purchase in North America, but for some reason, SCS just didn't port over to ATS.

Would definitely love to see these vehicles officially come into the game. ATS needs to have more A.I vehicles, as there is still a big lack of them.

Laqueesha

#10 Post by Laqueesha » 13 Feb 2021 22:43

More state specific variants: Specifically, highway maintenance vehicles and tow trucks would be cool, like how cop cars, firetrucks and ambulances are done at the moment. These are typically maintained by the state's Department of Transportation. Example of Nevada's here. Perhaps even city buses and taxis after that.

Random events: Random event cars should be more diversified, e.g. the same broken-down Lincoln MKT, and crash of Ford F-150 and Acura TSX.

Different spawn variety per state: Different areas and states should have different types of cars and spawn rates. For instance, Michigan has the highest percentage of US-built cars per capita of any state in the US. So when you're in Michigan, a higher proportion of US cars like Fords and GMs should be spawning relative to say Toyotas and Hondas. A community member has even made a mod that does this (e.g. more hybrids spawning in California), so there's proof of concept.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”