More AI vehicles to in ATS

Tails

Re: More AI vehicles to in ATS

#11 Post by Tails » 14 Feb 2021 21:51

would be cool to see some shuttle vans near airports.

unmarked police cars would be another way of making things more challenging to watch out for.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
angrybirdseller

#12 Post by angrybirdseller » 21 Feb 2021 18:16

More pickup truck outside big urban areas and more hybirds along with luxury vehicles. Newer variant of the Ford Explorer along with some Rav-4 and Honda CRV also Toyota Corollas to Honda Civics. I think its okay to thrown in older pick-ups trucks from the early 90s to now as they still are work trucks.
flight50

#13 Post by flight50 » 08 Mar 2021 15:14

I have to disagree with depending on mods for variety. I stopped using most of JazzyCat's mods because SCS does a much better job with AI performance on a pc. The quality is not the same with all his vehicle packs. Considering the fact that most don't use mods, this is something SCS needs to implement. One of the biggest reasons to add a lot more AI, is for the revamping of the automotive industry. Currently, we have several missing companies. There are no car manufacturing plants in the game. We don't have proper car transport trailers. We don't have vehicle sea ports/intermodal depots. We need a mega car lot depot perhaps 2-3x the size of DeMuro or Drake's current lots. We don't have facilities such as glass plants, rubber/tire plants, chemical plants that produce lubricants and other misc car parts.

ETS2 got a blog last summer on the expansion of the car industry. That is when I made this post. Once the right things are in place, the automotive industry in ATS can much greater than we know it now. Most of us like new things. It keeps the game alive and innovative. The potential is there for ATS. That is why I am so active here in this community. I want to iterate how I see the North American trucking industry as well as the economy. Bring anything and everything into view is what I like. You just never know when feedback mentioned can make the game. Getting real life into a game in which North America is totally dependent on trucking is exciting for me. Its not just a game for me. Its a part of me that never got the chance to pursue the industry. Had I not been on the art school path straight out of high school, I would have loved to be a trucker and part of the delivery process to North America.

Some people hate big rigs, other love them. When the early March snow storm hit the Southern US states, people feel the effects of trucks when they are not in the mix. If the roads are snowed in and icy, people take things for granted. No trucks means no food in the stores, not packages are getting delivered and no gasoline. Things you don't think about everyday because its in the background for most people. If people stopped for a second and analyze how the system works, more people will realize how trucks play a huge roll in North America. I just want to see as much of the trucking industry in this game as possible.
RushCars24ID

#14 Post by RushCars24ID » 30 Aug 2021 07:16

Hey, this thread is a great idea! We can discuss brand new AI cars for upcoming updates in here if we want. BTW, this post is intended to be a continuation to the discussion from the ATS 1.42 speculation thread, which surprisingly the posts discussing the new AI cars from that thread didn't moved to this thread, strange, I've waited that for a long time now, decided to scrap this movement until further notice.

My only submission for this right now is a discovery what I've found since Patch 1.36 and wanted to post it here for a long time, and that is this unused civilian version of the 2006-2013 Chevrolet Impala. These are the screenshots of it being restored with mods, it is taken from 1.36 when this car being added:

Currently in-game, we've only got that same car, but only as a Salt Lake City Police cruiser for now. While the Chevy Caprice PPV that was introduced in that aforementioned update comes with a full-on police cruiser and a retired civilian variant. Strangely enough to say why SCS didn't brought this civilian Impala to the game properly and went with the Caprice PPV instead. The files of this car are still remained in the game files as of the current 1.41 update. Hopefully, the next update after 1.41 should restore that car.
cydonianmystery

#15 Post by cydonianmystery » 31 Aug 2023 20:20

I apologize in advance for the necro, but I feel I have a justifiable reason for it.

While I know we already have three medium trucks in ATS, I'd like to suggest the idea of adding the Mack MD to AI traffic:
[ external image ]

The Mack MD7 would actually serve a great niche in the game as a proper Class 7 truck, as all three of the existing ones (Ford F-650, Isuzu NPR, Sterling HX9500 MVE) are Class 6 trucks. The MD6 would probably never happen since the Sterling HX9500 MVE is already a great Class 6 box truck model and was introduced fairly recently in Version 1.46.

The Mack MD7 could also replace instances of the now-outdated Mack RD models, which aren't really common anymore outside of restored examples. And in fact, a lot of Mack MDs are falling into the same niche as bucket trucks, tankers, dumpers, etc.

Finally, by the time we get to Virginia we could add Mack's factory in Salem that produces this truck and perhaps even offer it as a deliverable cargo. :D
velles

#16 Post by velles » 31 Aug 2023 21:46

Well, both games lack rigid trucks (ETS2 is worse since rigids are also popular for long distance transport). It seems like SCS is waiting to add AI rigids with actual drivable rigids but at the same time rigids are in the development hell
cydonianmystery

#17 Post by cydonianmystery » 01 Sep 2023 00:05

I hadn't thought about the situation with rigid trucks being in purgatory. Oh well; maybe there's hope that some day when we do get rigids, we not only get the Mack MD in AI traffic, but driveable as well. Look, I can hope right?
velles

#18 Post by velles » 01 Sep 2023 06:05

Purgatory is an understatement - SCS teased rigids all the way back in 2014 and after 9 years there's still nothing
https://blog.scssoft.com/2014/09/the-fi ... esign.html
Trailer ownership was supposed to be the first step to the introduction of rigid trucks, yet nothing happened. Honestly I have no idea why it takes so long to introduce them, from gameplay perspective rigid truck is just a semi combined with trailer, since there is already game mechanics for loading/unloading cargo then rigids shouldn't be a problem. Maybe SCS focuses too much on swap-body rigids mechanics, but not all rigid trucks are swap-body.
cydonianmystery

#19 Post by cydonianmystery » 01 Sep 2023 16:28

Swap bodies aren't even that common in the US... at least to the point that I've never even seen one.

But yeah probably the biggest thing holding these games back is SCS blowing certain features way out of proportion and making things way more complicated than they need to be. Rigids aren't rocket surgery, yet they act like they are.

I feel a lot of the time they just make excuses for something they don't want to do. See all the woes with us waiting over a year for California Phase 3.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”