North American Agriculture Discussion

plinio.lisboa.br

Re: North American Agriculture Discussion

#31 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 22 Mar 2020 02:03

-- -logistics chain --
The wheat can be taken to food industries and also Mills, that make the flour of the then packaged sold to Supermarkets, and the supermarket in turn will sell to customers.
..in Brazil, supermarkets sell 2kg wheat packages, I don't know how the wheat packages are sold in supermarkets-U.S, of how many kilos?
SmokeyWolf

#32 Post by SmokeyWolf » 22 Mar 2020 02:30

We need more Global Mills to make the grain supply chain work out or a new grain processing type company that resembles ADM or Bunge.
flight50

#33 Post by flight50 » 22 Mar 2020 03:07

I’d take a new company any day. I know P16’s mod uses ADM in place of Sunshine Crops though. If ATS got the the processing side, that brings lots of corgi options alone. Things could be much deeper in ATS, that’s for sure.
Zippy405

#34 Post by Zippy405 » 22 Mar 2020 04:09

@Larry71490 true. I thought about saying a new Chemso prefab for the prefabs lol.

Edit: Also, I 100% agree on the General Mills, far and few between and only 3 states have them. 4 if Utah does, might have 1 but I forgot lol.

@flight50 Definitely, and the worst part is they already are in ETS2. I know it's older but this is economy depth and stuff that should've transferred over to ATS just with different prefabs and company names basically.
flight50

#35 Post by flight50 » 22 Mar 2020 05:12

Yep. I understand ATS was a trail and error game. It’s holding up. Time to break the chains and really open her up. With the help of the community, there is plenty about North America that is being provided. Sooner or later, we can only hope this diversity comes. Before we get to the MidWest the companies should perhaps increase by 15-20%. As mentioned, the processing stages are missing, competitor prefabs are missing and not to mention industries/prefabs that have yet to make the game. Prime examples.....sand and concrete quarries/ mixing, true distribution centers from big box brands, more manufacturing like car factories, clothing manufacturing, building material manufacturing and equipment dealers such as John Deere.
flight50

#36 Post by flight50 » 22 Mar 2020 15:27

@Larry71490 Fertilizer topic now has a spot on page 1. If there is anything I need to add to it let me know or just make a new post here to add to it. Either way doesn't matter, as long as the info is here for the devs to see. If you find any discrepancies, let me know so that I can correct them.
Skoot

#37 Post by Skoot » 22 Mar 2020 17:12

Wow. Impressive. Hope devs will make use of this topic.

I guess that variety of food processing industry like grain mills, meat packing factories, breweries etc. will be a must in Great Plains states.
plinio.lisboa.br

#38 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 22 Mar 2020 17:53

@flight50

please add your search to the John Deere corn harvesting platform they are needed for the American corn belt region.
Reference: https://blog.machinefinder.com/24983/jo ... d-features

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
SmokeyWolf

#39 Post by SmokeyWolf » 22 Mar 2020 18:20

@flight50 I use to haul all those fertilizers in a end dump to farmers and co-ops. It was cheaper and easier to order it loose and in bulk than bagged. Went from my end dump to their storage bin.
flight50

#40 Post by flight50 » 22 Mar 2020 19:38

@Skoot. For the GP's yep, you betcha. Perhaps not breweries but definitely the mills, meat factories and more food processing from farms. I have nothing against breweries, my honest opinion is that they just don't fit the E rating of ATS. There are tons of other industries ATS can have to make up for it. If they make the game cool, if they don't cool. I don't care really. Anywho, there should be a ton of Agriculture getting ready to come to ATS. Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Eastern Colorado and Texas getting in the mix in the next 2-3 years, should be Ag Prime Time. In all the GP states North of Texas, there are smaller and fewer big cities. These lands should be quite heavy with farming. The these states should be asset heavy in large Agricultural prefabs

It would be the perfect time to bring in farming dealerships for farming equipment and farming supplies imo. Besides the few things I posted thru out the flatbed thread and 1-2 from Special Transport in my signature there are still many things that can make its way to the Ag Industry in ATS.

Here is a nice site I found for Farming Dealers per state.

A few examples for prefabs that could come to ATS are below. I won't do Idaho because that is around the corner for release. Although SCS can add later, I will just give a couple examples in state we know are w.i.p. with no time table for release.

Colorado Farming Equipment
John Deer prefabs. For ATS call it Joe Moose, James Elk, Jon Doe or something. Just use the head of animal perhaps

21 Century Equipment
Akron, Co
Right off of I-76 on US-34
[ external image ]]John Deere[/url]

21 Century Equipment

Burlington, Co
Right off of I-70 on US-24 and US-385
[ external image ]

Texas Farming Equipment

Ag-Power Inc
Paris, Tx
Off US-82. Granted Paris Texas makes the map
[ external image ]

Allied Power Mart
Conroe, Tx
Right off I-45
[ external image ]

Bee Equipment Sales
Lubbock, Tx
Right off US-84
[ external image ]

Farming Supply (<click) stores in the US. Below are just a few examples. There are many many more spread thru out the US. Primarily in the farming states.

Atwoods - Enid, Oklahoma
Notice the surrounding prefabs highlighted in blue
[ external image ]

Bomgaars - Burlington, Co
[ external image ]

Home of Economy - Grand Fork, ND
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “American Truck Simulator”