North American Agriculture Discussion

howey

Re: North American Agriculture Discussion

#21 Post by howey » 09 Mar 2020 07:44

I know that dropdecks/stepdecks are better suited for Hay as they allocate more volume on payload but was curious about palletised produce such as potatoes, tomatoes, oranges, apples etc being hauled on a flatbed, I had a good look on google images and couldn't find anything else in the US related apart from the pic I posted, I just assume it is not a common thing in the states compared to over here in Aus where it is not uncommon from them to be hauled on a flattop/flatbed.

Larry71490

#22 Post by Larry71490 » 09 Mar 2020 13:56

Onions are hauled on flatbeds. Believe potatoes are as well.

plinio.lisboa.br

#23 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 11 Mar 2020 10:00

------- Frac Tanks Trailer ----
A small image contribution about this type of trailer that our friends have already researched for this topic.
These images allow people to understand the layout of the trailer with truck to see its entire design.
----- Videos:

---- Photos:
Frack Trailer - Adler
Applications: Construction, Pipelines, Refineries, Environmental Sites, Manufacturing, Agriculture.
Capacity: 21,000 gallon (500 BBL). Dimensions: 46 ft. length x 8 ft. 6 in. wide x 11 ft. height Tare Weight: 29,950 lb.
Link company: https://www.adlertankrentals.com/produc ... l-manifold

Perspectives of viewing the frack trailer attached to the truck:

Last edited by plinio.lisboa.br on 11 Mar 2020 16:13, edited 3 times in total.

flight50

#24 Post by flight50 » 11 Mar 2020 13:27

I have already added frac tanks to the discussion along with the many other types of fracs out there. You’re posting just images of a tank without any input for what they do. The videos are cool but we will never have to pick up a frac like that unless animations come. But I am sure SCS has seen how they work when they researched for the oil industry. I am mainly asking for contributions for things I haven’t covered or things I don’t know about. Not so much repeating posted info.

plinio.lisboa.br

#25 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 11 Mar 2020 16:01

@flight50
The point is that this type of trailer, it is not common in other parts of the world.
  So just posting the trailer, just the image of the trailer doesn't do much good, because people, players, they should also know a little about what these trailers are like.
  My intuition of images, was just so that the players, can also know how these trailers work, how to hook them.
  It is important that players can also get to know in order to support their idea.
Especially because, for example, these trailers do not have support feet. So the players, for sure, were very curious: "how do they hook up to the Fifth Wheel? Hook up the truck, using a crane that pulls the trailer up onto the Fifth Wheel.

flight50

#26 Post by flight50 » 11 Mar 2020 16:13

The trailer's concept is already in the game. The research for them came with the oil industry. This is not the thread to see how they work if they already exist in the game. But carry on as you wish dude. Your ignoring what I ask in the thread.

plinio.lisboa.br

#27 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 11 Mar 2020 16:55

----- Feeder trailer farm ----
An indispensable equipment for: dairy farms (essential), fattening stations (great demand), cattle farms (less demand).
Equipment that is indispensable in modern agriculture in the United States and around the world is the food mixer and distribution trailers for animals.
2020. Transport, U.E>>USA.

Peecon Biga Mega Mammoet
Capacity: 70 m³, requires a 300 hp tractor (min.)
Length: Just over 13 meters.
Operational capacity: mixes and feeds animals, about 28t at a time.
Empty weight: 23 tons.

This is the largest feed and hay mixer in the world today and there are other smaller mixers. But they are all transported as shown in the images.

Scene of a tractor transporting food for dairy cattle inside a stable.

Two large dairy farms already operate with this type of trailer one farm is located in California and another in the state of Michigan Michigan.
Link: https://www.tractors-and-machinery.com/ ... ixer-Wagon

flight50

#28 Post by flight50 » 11 Mar 2020 19:44

Looks like this thread was moved my a moderator. There was a reason it was placed in the ATS General Discussion. This thread/discussion needs way more eyes in which way more people can chime in as this is not just your typical research.

@Kraake, @Carthoo , can you place it back in the general discussions and ask the moderators not to relocate this particular thread please. @Kraake, you may have to make it a sticky.

Zippy405

#29 Post by Zippy405 » 22 Mar 2020 01:30

I think it needs more depth too. For comparison ETS2 you can take raw product from a farm to a food processing place, then from there to the store. ATS doesn't have the processing side.

Also the loading and unloading locations for hopper, end dump, and belly dump should be moved. Loading zone should be under a bin, near a field, or near a pile. Unloading should be near a pile or over a grate/chute. The piles is mostly to do with aggregates not farming but they use the same trailers basically. Currently you can see milk tankers sitting at a Wallbert dock or to unload grain have to back into a dock lol.
When cattle comes we need to be able haul ingredients for the feed to feed lots and places that make feed, and be able to take feed to stores that sell stuff like that, like Farmers Barn for example. Another thing is hauling corn, barley, or wheat to ethanol plants.
Everything else I think has been mentioned pretty well that I can see.

Larry71490

#30 Post by Larry71490 » 22 Mar 2020 01:52

@Zippy405 we can use Chemso and/or Gallon Oil for the ethanol plants.

Return to “American Truck Simulator”