PBD.File (.pbd) files

TexasLonewolf

PBD.File (.pbd) files

#1 Post by TexasLonewolf » 11 Apr 2013 03:53

Hi there,,

I was wondering if it would be possible to edit the PBD.File (.pbd) files located in 18WoS\prefabs\docks to reconstruct the docks themselves and what program would be needed to do so?

thank you
TLW
TexasLonewolf

Re: PBD.File (.pbd) files

#2 Post by TexasLonewolf » 15 Apr 2013 07:14

over 1500 views and no answer? guess not thanks for nothen.... :x
Reinhard

#3 Post by Reinhard » 15 Apr 2013 07:38

What do you expect? It is a terribly outdated game (2004). All other games by SCS released after it are very different, based on PMG filess instead of PSM.

PBD? Sorry, never heard of it. But as you say it is related to prefabs, it probably is something functional comparable to the PPD/PDD files used for the later games.

If this is correct, the probability that anybody reading your post does know anything about it is very low. There are few people knowing anything about this stuff, even for the actual games. But PBD?

It has simply no relation to Zmodeler. No polygons involved, just proprietary data making a prefab working. Only solution would be to edit it with a hex editor. But without deep knowledge about its content any attempt is futile.
TexasLonewolf

#4 Post by TexasLonewolf » 16 Apr 2013 02:04

Reinhard wrote:What do you expect? It is a terribly outdated game (2004). All other games by SCS released after it are very different, based on PMG filess instead of PSM.

PBD? Sorry, never heard of it. But as you say it is related to prefabs, it probably is something functional comparable to the PPD/PDD files used for the later games.

If this is correct, the probability that anybody reading your post does know anything about it is very low. There are few people knowing anything about this stuff, even for the actual games. But PBD?

It has simply no relation to Zmodeler. No polygons involved, just proprietary data making a prefab working. Only solution would be to edit it with a hex editor. But without deep knowledge about its content any attempt is futile.
what do I expect?? all i did was ask a question to the Developers, and Obviously your not one of them, to you it may be a terribly outdated game, but I have been playing & modding these games since Hard Trucks 18 Wheels of steel came out,.... and for you never hearing of .pbd files? tells me you have not been around that long, so how bout you keep your assuming condescending thoughts to yourself...

and yes I know about Hex-editing, was hoping for a better work-around after all these years

like I said thanks for nothen....should have known from other people telling me how this community is full of self centered, will not be coming back...
Centrino2

#5 Post by Centrino2 » 16 Apr 2013 06:30

TexasLonewolf whether you are viewing this post or not, I am going on to say that you should not blame every one up here for what one member said.

I am sure plenty of us up here are not self-centered, we do try to help each other out, some one did just try to help you out anyway. Maybe your post was not viewed yet by the right person would could answer your question. Either that or maybe this person does not have an account on this site yet.

As for developers, there is a possibility that the ones that made 18WoS: Pedal to the Metal are no longer working for SCS, or they have long forgotten what they did to make Pedal to the Metal possible.

Regardless, have you tried Euro Truck Simulator 2 yet?
Reinhard

#6 Post by Reinhard » 16 Apr 2013 07:15

TexasLonewolf wrote: what do I expect?? all i did was ask a question to the Developers, and Obviously your not one of them,
Correct, I'm not one of them. I'm only representing one of the 1500+ views which you "thanked for nothing". Do you really want to tell us the "over 1500 views and no answer" was directed to the developers?
and for you never hearing of .pbd files? tells me you have not been around that long, so how bout you keep your assuming condescending thoughts to yourself...
Right, I'm only into this for four years. So I'm not entitled to reason about if PBD files are similar to PPD/PDD? Or did my pessimism that there is no public knowledge available hurt you?
Unco

#7 Post by Unco » 16 Apr 2013 15:56

TexasLonewolf wrote:over 1500 views and no answer? guess not thanks for nothen.... :x
Did you ever stop to think that maybe none of the regular members actually play/mod this game? Have you even looked at the number of threads about 18WoS on the very forum that you posted? Apart from yours: ZERO.

TexasLonewolf wrote:what do I expect?? all i did was ask a question to the Developers, and Obviously your not one of them, to you it may be a terribly outdated game, but I have been playing & modding these games since Hard Trucks 18 Wheels of steel came out,.... and for you never hearing of .pbd files? tells me you have not been around that long, so how bout you keep your assuming condescending thoughts to yourself...

and yes I know about Hex-editing, was hoping for a better work-around after all these years

like I said thanks for nothen....should have known from other people telling me how this community is full of self centered, will not be coming back...
Not nice. Reinhard was just being direct. Do you have any idea how many people he has helped on this site? A lot!

If you don't get an answer to your question, feel free to bump it from time to time. Your "thanks for nothing" is not going to gain you any friends, though, as you can see. There is a strong community here for ETS2 and a lot of people helping each other. I'm sorry that 18WoS is not the main audience here, but it's probably because the forum was set up mainly for ETS2. Additionally, I believe that this forum was mainly set up for players to help each other rather than sending direct questions to developers about modding.
ohaha

#8 Post by ohaha » 16 Apr 2013 17:05

TexasLonewolf wrote:self centered, will not
Between the word "centered" and the "," there was another word, which I removed. Bad one. So, Unco and Reinhard, don't even bother... It's not worthy.
Retired, but still loving it.
Axel Slingerland

#9 Post by Axel Slingerland » 11 Mar 2014 17:35

After reading his responses, I suspect that what he originally wrote "self centered _____" probably describes himself perfectly. My first thought when I read what he said was "How's your colon look, Dude?"

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Scaniabebe

#10 Post by Scaniabebe » 12 Mar 2014 07:43

Axel: Please don't bug old, inactive threads please... Thank you! :D
Flickr | YouTube | My WOT Profile
10 Years in the TruckSim Community...

Return to “18 Wheels of Steel: Pedal to the Metal”