cargo weight bug

rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

cargo weight bug

#1 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 06 Dec 2013 05:53

I am using version 1.7.1 with going east DLC

i have been feeling like something was wrong and like the cargo weight was changing at some point in the trip. i was talking to a friend two nights ago and bragging on and on and making fun of having 17 tons of cheese. "ha ha, i have 17 tons of cheese! get at me bro!" stuff like that. the next day when i began playing again after getting home from my college classes i loaded up my game to complete the delivery i noticed that the number was changed to 18 tons of cheese. i asked my friend to review the chat log from the other night and it turned out it was 17 tons of cheese. i finished the job.

the next job i was on i took a picture (pic below) of the cargo as it was on the job screen and it is 18 tons of tomatoes later that night after saving the game to go play other games with my friends i loaded the game back and continued driving, i made it to the UK and noticed that my cargo weight changed to 17 tons (pic below)

i have not found the source of the bug but i think either saving the game or taking the train to the UK is messing up my cargo weight

[ external image ]

everyone keep your eyes out for this bug.

the only trailer skin pack im using is: trailers-pack-se-1.8.3.2

but i don't think a skin pack can cause something like this
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
ohaha

Re: cargo weight bug

#2 Post by ohaha » 06 Dec 2013 07:42

So, if I got it right:

if you start in UK and drive to continental Europe your cargo loses weight and, if you go from Europe to UK, it gains...

Right?
Retired, but still loving it.
Reece

#3 Post by Reece » 06 Dec 2013 09:37

i noticed that the number was changed to 18 tons of cheese. i asked my friend to review the chat log from the other night and it turned out it was 17 tons of cheese.
Sounds like a scam to me!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Reece on 06 Dec 2013 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
Max
SCS Software

#4 Post by Max » 06 Dec 2013 15:12

this is not a bug, there are different units.
on first picture you have distances in km, on second you have miles. thus on first picture you have cargo weight in metric tonnes (1000kg) and on second picture in imperial long tonnes (cca 1019kg). the rest is clamp of non-integer weight.

go try to switch units .. ;)
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
ohaha

#5 Post by ohaha » 06 Dec 2013 15:16

oh, and I thought it´s those darn cheese smugglers again...
Oh, well... danger's over! :)
Retired, but still loving it.
WerewolfCustoms

#6 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 06 Dec 2013 15:48

Max wrote:this is not a bug, there are different units.
on first picture you have distances in km, on second you have miles. thus on first picture you have cargo weight in metric tonnes (1000kg) and on second picture in imperial long tonnes (cca 1019kg). the rest is clamp of non-integer weight.

You guys amaze me with this kind of details that you've implemented in the game. :)
Ak1A

#7 Post by Ak1A » 06 Dec 2013 20:59

Then explain, why cargo weight hasn't changed when I picked train trip. Now I use 1.8.2.1s version.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

SCS maybe fixed this in the new version?
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#8 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 07 Dec 2013 08:36

Max wrote:this is not a bug, there are different units.

I would like to suggest that the "t" for both types of tons be changed to something a bit more noticeable so the different units can be told apart from each other

example: (18 MT) = metric tons (17 LT) = long tons

it can be whatever yall decide, just make the switch more noticeable (like KM/H and MPH) as I did not notice or even think of the difference when I switch units between the UK and the rest of Europe.

thank you for pointing out that this is not a bug.
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
SiSL
SCS Software

#9 Post by SiSL » 07 Dec 2013 09:32

Ton = metric ton, no need to tell it "mt"

All others are made up or obsolete (or will be obsolete in real future)

Return to “Bugs 1.7.1”