Truck damaged after game change

Cadde

Re: Truck damaged after game change

#11 Post by Cadde » 22 Nov 2013 19:39

If i where able to reproduce the damage on a auto reset then i would of course tell you about it and show you exactly how it happens if possible.
That's the thing though, i haven't been able to reproduce the effect on the vanilla game no matter what i try.

I believe you when you say it but that doesn't help either you, us or SCS to solve the issue since neither of us know the cause of the issue.
On extended hiatus.

#12 Post by 102 » 28 Nov 2013 07:41

It's pretty common, actually. I can reproduce it in 100% of cases, at least with DAF (truck I've been driving since game release in Steam ;) ). Regarding other trucks - I have more or less "uniform" save - all trucks parked in Poznan's service station ground, where I was testing turn radii of different trucks and chassis. Excluding Renault trucks which I haven't tested, most other trucks were damage upon "new content" message I received after patch. Only Scania and Old Volvo were undamaged. All other trucks were. Damage seems to be more or less universal (though some variety is there, usually damage is 1% or universally higher) and not modified by anything, contrary to my earlier beliefs about damage being distance-related - I tried to load save where my DAF was in Scotland, and it teleported from there with same damage level as it was teleported from across the street in Poznan.
I can't say for sure, but I think ground level at garage is culprit. At least at large garage - ground is higher there, have negative inclination (truck will roll back after teleport), so maybe plane or point at which truck is spawned is somewhere crosses with ground, causing collision damage to truck.
I noticed that damage because my DAF's chassis and cab were damage and I never allowed that to happen during normal play - these parts damage meant I've scraped something either with truck or trailer.
No mods installed.
Sir Cas Tick

#13 Post by Sir Cas Tick » 28 Nov 2013 15:35

Wow, and I thought I was crazy (well, maybe I am, but for different reasons ;) ), I think it happened to me on vanilla game too. I believe it may have something to do with the location of your garage...?

I've had my main garage in Köln, Germany for a while and I could swear that after some updates and the "we've parked your truck to a safe place" message, when I started the game, the truck pretty much "fell" on the ground getting maybe 1% of damage. The ground at my Köln garage is not even so if I won't hit the parking brake, it will roll down back.

Again, I haven't really tried to reproduce this, but the fall on the uneven terrain may have something to do with it.
MatheusCLG

#14 Post by MatheusCLG » 29 Nov 2013 03:31

I have my main garage at Hannover and it already happened with actros, 2013 volvo and scania.
UNDERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
OVERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit the fence.
TORQUE is how far you take the fence with you.

Return to “Bugs 1.7.1”