Truck damaged after game change

MatheusCLG

Truck damaged after game change

#1 Post by MatheusCLG » 18 Nov 2013 00:16

Game-"GAME CHANGE DETCTED,BLA,BLA,BLA your truck has been reparked to a "safe"location"
Me-ok let´s jut check my truck ti see if everything is ok
then when i go to the rapair section my brand new truck that has just over 4000km that i never crashed which had 0% of damage and $0 to rapair now has $320 and $500 to spent on repair on the body and chassis
C´MON WHO HAS DAMN PARKED MY TRUCK???
UNDERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
OVERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit the fence.
TORQUE is how far you take the fence with you.
Cadde

Re: Truck damaged after game change

#2 Post by Cadde » 18 Nov 2013 06:42

I have never experienced this in the vanilla game.
Game change detected makes me think of mods. Mods can cause issues like this at times.
Either way, can you reproduce this reliably? Because without being able to reproduce this there's nothing that can be done about fixing it. Short of knowing exactly what is causing it.

I have heard of users having truck damage for "no apparent reason" before. One is where they are using the TSM map and/or trailer mods where the AI is driving into your rear end all the time.
Then there have been reports of truck damage just changing randomly when you save and load games or simply sleep.

The only time i have received damage for something that isn't my doing is when i autopark my trailer in places where the box is too small (read, too far towards the dock) and the trailer shoots me in the back as it's delivered. All other times have just been normal wear and tear.
On extended hiatus.
MatheusCLG

#3 Post by MatheusCLG » 18 Nov 2013 17:34

That time it happened because i had just intaled the sandinavian mod, but i happened too when i atualized my game from version 1.6 to 1.7, it´s when u got reset to your garage because of a change ingame, that´s for avoid a possibly crash.
EDIT: I don´t use any trailer mods only the trailers pack 1.8 that just change the skins and not the trailer itself and this damage is bacause it seems when u are reseted the truck kind jumps to ground it´s like that command which you can fly across the map and hit i don´t know i think its "9" or "F9" and the truck falls to that place, and when the truck hit the ground it get damaged.
Cadde

#4 Post by Cadde » 18 Nov 2013 18:59

As long as the truck lands on it wheels when using F9 it doesn't take any damage though. I've done it many many times.
On extended hiatus.
n4gix

#5 Post by n4gix » 19 Nov 2013 01:22

Well, as long as you get reasonably close to the ground it doesn't receive damage. Try it from > 10m though... :lol:
Fr. Bill
Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Max Modeling for Eaglesoft Development Group & Military Visualizations
It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading, (Shin'a'in Proverb) :)
MatheusCLG

#6 Post by MatheusCLG » 19 Nov 2013 16:11

ok, so it seems i´m gonna have to fire the employee that crashed my truck :evil:
Flemming V
Global moderator

#7 Post by Flemming V » 21 Nov 2013 12:47

Make sure you are 2m or closer to ground before pressing F9, else you will damage your truck and trailer.
Cadde

#8 Post by Cadde » 22 Nov 2013 11:33

FFFF youtube processing is slow or dumb or whatever. Only 240p for now but should be 1080p when it's done processing.
Point is, that is a fall that is greater than 2 meters. (Not trying to argue, but make a point)

As long as the truck and trailer lands on it's wheels it doesn't take damage. If i wanted to i could drop it from quite some elevation and re-try it until the truck lands on it's wheels and doesn't bounce around or lands on it's wheels again after the bounce etc.

It would probably bee a cool video to watch as the truck does a backflip from hundreds of meters in the air and lands on it's wheels but i have better things to do. :D
On extended hiatus.
Flemming V
Global moderator

#9 Post by Flemming V » 22 Nov 2013 11:55

I believe you, but did then, not have any luck in landing on my wheels, and I else use it a lot when testing.. ;)
MatheusCLG

#10 Post by MatheusCLG » 22 Nov 2013 16:31

The problem is whenever the truck lands by the auto reset, it lends on it´s wheels, but it´s not smooth it lands first with the back wheels and thats what probably damages the truck

Return to “Bugs 1.7.1”