Some generic little problems

Theosz

Some generic little problems

#1 Post by Theosz » 22 Nov 2013 19:44

Hi

Excuse me if already has some threat but I can't find it

My english is poor, so I decided create a link to you can see the images. I think is better understand instead I trying write.

I don't know how to make a video or get the coordinates

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ge7aom60gn5c3pl/5WGm_HkJlC

thx
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
since ATS 1.32... and counting
airbus_sai

Re: Some generic little problems

#2 Post by airbus_sai » 22 Nov 2013 21:12

Theosz, I guess the first message you'll get from anyone related to SCS would be "remove mods and recheck". Most of the problems on pictures will be gone if you'll play the game without mods.

Regarding cargo sorting - you can adjust it by menu on top of the list, and by default it's set so sort by income per distance.

Driver sorting - I think it's based on driver rating, and then alphabet (or decimals of driver rating).

Traffic AI is being reworked now. Truck light may be adjusted with notepad and some kind of magic. Extract "def.scs" from the game folder using "scs extractor" (search eurotrucksimulator2.com for it), then go to def/vehicle/truck/TRUCK_NAME_HERE/headlight. There lie two files that need changing. Adjust them, and then repack only that files WITH FULL PATH. That means you need to create "def" folder, then "vehicle" in it and so on, and then pack "def" to zip archive. Rename the archive to "something.scs" and place it in mods folder. Choose it in-game like a mod.
"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of squirrels."
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.
Unco

#3 Post by Unco » 22 Nov 2013 21:42

I only looked at one picture (sorry, no time).

The one with your truck parked across the stop line at a set of traffic lights: You do realize that if you do this in real life you will also get a fine, just like in the game, don't you? It is a basic road rule. You cannot stop beyond a stop line when the light is red regardless of whether you stopped before or after the traffic light turned red. Have you ever seen a truck driver do this? I have, they end up looking like right tools sitting there blocking traffic for everybody else.
Theosz

#4 Post by Theosz » 23 Nov 2013 20:47

airbus_sai wrote:Theosz, I guess the first message you'll get from anyone related to SCS would be "remove mods and recheck". Most of the problems on pictures will be gone if you'll play the game without mods.

Regarding cargo sorting - you can adjust it by menu on top of the list, and by default it's set so sort by income per distance.

Driver sorting - I think it's based on driver rating, and then alphabet (or decimals of driver rating).

Traffic AI is being reworked now. Truck light may be adjusted with notepad and some kind of magic. Extract "def.scs" from the game folder using "scs extractor" (search eurotrucksimulator2.com for it), then go to def/vehicle/truck/TRUCK_NAME_HERE/headlight. There lie two files that need changing. Adjust them, and then repack only that files WITH FULL PATH. That means you need to create "def" folder, then "vehicle" in it and so on, and then pack "def" to zip archive. Rename the archive to "something.scs" and place it in mods folder. Choose it in-game like a mod.
Hello airbus_sai, Thx for answer.

The cool thing is that I just playing until now because the mods and I think almost all problems that I listed at link by cause the original ETS2. Basic map+DLC is very boring.

AI is almost the ETS2 Aquiles problem I think.

In some moment I needed to list per motor and ETS2 seems enable to sort until 999cv. Again another problem by cause of original ETS2.

I have the Steam version, so I'm looking for the def.scs and anothers. :-)
PLEASE, vote for krizzy090's idea about ownable freightmarket skins viewtopic.php?f=185&t=276108
Brazil... shanty towns
Theosz

#5 Post by Theosz » 23 Nov 2013 21:00

Unco wrote:I only looked at one picture (sorry, no time).

The one with your truck parked across the stop line at a set of traffic lights: You do realize that if you do this in real life you will also get a fine, just like in the game, don't you? It is a basic road rule. You cannot stop beyond a stop line when the light is red regardless of whether you stopped before or after the traffic light turned red. Have you ever seen a truck driver do this? I have, they end up looking like right tools sitting there blocking traffic for everybody else.
hello

I understand, but I don't know:

I am the second "car" in front of semaphore;
The first car begins to get speed
I begin to get speed too
suddenly turn on the left light and stop
I need to stop either/too quickly because I still behind him
but only part of my truck is in front the line of semaphore. I cannot go ahead;
I didn't know that this car will try to turn left
These cars only get speed and take left when anothers cars are much distance - this stupid cars. He could turn twice, but did not
The semaphore turn to red and I still stoped with the car in front of me
so, I get a police penalty because the semaphore's light is red
with no others car, noooooow this idiot car get to left
I think is unfair
Brazil... shanty towns
Unco

#6 Post by Unco » 23 Nov 2013 21:19

UK road rules, as an example:

You MUST NOT move forward over the white line when the red light is showing. Only go forward when the traffic lights are green if there is room for you to clear the junction safely or you are taking up a position to turn right. If the traffic lights are not working, treat the situation as you would an unmarked junction and proceed with great care.
Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10 & 36
ohaha

#7 Post by ohaha » 23 Nov 2013 21:58

OK, I looked at some of the pics.

The one with driver gender is a no go. THe translator must find a variant which doesn't involve the article. It's the same in Romanian, so I only kept the name and removed the "driver" in front. You should post this in Wrong Translations section, for your language.
The Hi-Way is still a Stralis.. it's just the "new" Stralis, AFAIK.
At traffic lights, if you are a good driver, if you notice there is no room for you, in the intersection, you will wait before the white stop line, until the path clears. Sometimes this means the traffic light will change. but that is the right way to do it, to avoid blocking the intersection. And no policeman can give you a ticket.
The huge locomotive it's, obviously, a mod. A badly made mod which fails to define the trailer properly (no collisions either).
The AI's are under redesign, so, hopefully, problems will be less frequent, if not completely absent.
The lights range... I think this is mostly a matter of personal taste. I find the low beams rather satisfactory. You can always make a mod to adjust them to your preference (don't ask me how, though).

Conclusion: avoid using poorly made mods and always obey traffic rules, including preventive conduct (don't know the exact English term).

Cheers
Retired, but still loving it.
Reece

#8 Post by Reece » 23 Nov 2013 23:18

Hopefully the AI update comes soon, I have noticed at traffic lights the AI puts it's indicators on after the lights have changed, should be before. Some large intersections I have gotten over the white line before the car in front decides to turn his indicators on, and sits there till the lights change!!! :roll:
erkinalp

#9 Post by erkinalp » 24 Nov 2013 14:42

If the traffic lights are not working, treat the situation as you would an unmarked junction and proceed with great care.
Wrong. If any traffic light is broken at a traffic light controlled junction, it means complete stop to all ways(like red light to all directions but not like the octagonal) including the pedestrians uıntil a fix has been made or a police come for controlling the junction.
Unco

#10 Post by Unco » 24 Nov 2013 15:34

Someone should tell the UK government that they are wrong, then.

https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-t ... 170-to-183

Return to “Bugs 1.7.1”